“Updated but not updated”

Best Western Plus San Jorge
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Ciudad Obregon
Mazatlan
“Updated but not updated”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Stayed here going North one night, they put me in 139 , room was remodeled.. and not bad.. for the money.. two nights later I stayed again.. room 132 in a another bld... room was kinda remodeled.. new draps and Visual stuff but. same wore out mattress.. and that old hotel smell, will not stay here again.. they had there chance ... two new hotels on both sides of them for a little more $$$

Room Tip: stay in the BLd with the room 139
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Maritza V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I know, it is in Mexico, but why would Best Western let its name be associated with this hotel? It compares with a roadside motel. We were given a room with twin beds, with no explanation. The room was acceptably clean, no "little shampoos" etc. The desk clerk was gruff, only providing minimal help when asked (we can speak Spanish so it was not a language problem.) Parking was outside the room which was ground-level, good for disabilities. The usual Best Western breakfast was available--but at regular street prices!!, which is not really apparent in their promotion material. In general, it let down the expectations I have when I use Best Western hotels.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pat_the_wise
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We stayed here one night heading north in September on vacation. We were pulling a long utility trailer behind a Jeep Cherokee so we took up a fair amount of space parking and wouldn't fit in the parking spots. The front desk clerk sent the handyman out to assist us in parking in a secure location in front of our room.

The room was clean, though a bit small - we saw no bugs and while the bed was the mattress on a cement slab that is so common in Mexico it was comfortable. The bathroom was well equipped with towels, soap and shampoo and was very clean.

We had a problem with the remote for the a/c not working and the desk didn't have any spares - said people kept absconding with them - so the handyman came out with me again and turned on the a/c manually and set the temperature to automatic so we didn't need to fuss with it. It was hot and humid when we arrived but the room became comfortable in a matter of moments. Our room was well off the road so it was quiet. The complex was well maintained with respect to pool and gardens and it was all very tranquil.

We ate a great steak each in their little restaurant - cooked rare just the way we ordered it - and that with a couple of bottles of ice cold dark beer was just what we wanted after a long day on the road. Then went to bed and had a great sleep. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nan N
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I have gone to this hotel, BEST WESTERN Hotel San Jorge , a couple of times before. Each and every single time, there were minor incidents, which I usually don't give relevance.
Each room on this hotel his very different. Some smell like cigarette, some have a broken TV. The rugs seem very, very dirty. In some rooms, you can't control the air conditioner, since you need to tell the gardener to adjust the room temperature for you because they are afraid that you steal the control.
Their continental breakfast it is awful. They just give you two slices of toasted bread with butter and a coup of coffee. It is really a disappointment.
The girls from the front desk really seem to not enjoy their work, and have a face disgust for you. They look at you like if they hate you or something.
Here is the biggest problem I had: The room service.
They are continuously disturbing you, and they ask you if you want room service, even though you have a "Do not disturb" sign outside your room. The girls that do the cleaning even attempt to open the door with the do not disturb sign outsude. They ask you if you want room service several times, specially when your checkout time arrives. They even call you several times to your room to ask you if you want room service, just like a stalker would do it. I think they call you for room service very frequently, just to pressure you to check out as soon as possible. It is really kind of harassing, and man, it really makes you to feel like a criminal.
The last time I stayed with them, they constantly harassed me on room service [just a cover for forcing me to checkout]. The same person made several calls to ask if i wanted room service, which I answered with a firm "NO" . They even deactivated my room card, even before checkout time was due!
On the day of the arrival, I was in a very intimate moment with my wife, and out of the blue, a woman entered the room, just to place towels in the room. SHE DID NOT KNOCKED THE DOOR AT ALL. It was a very embarrassing moment. She stood there like 2-3 minutes, and she didn't even apologized. This is a severe lack of respect, and regard for a customer, yet a human being. My wife panicked, and felt like crap after that.

I told not so angrily my complaints to the front desk girl, and she did not even said anything at all. It was like talking to the wall. I told her what happened to me, and that I'm never going to go to their hotel again. I told her that they are just loosing customers with such a bad service. She didn't even apologized at all for their bad service. They don't even have a complaint box and you can't even talk to the manager because he is never there.

The people working on this hotel treat you like a criminal, do not respect your privacy, they treat you as if they were making you a BIG favor on letting you stay there. They don't care for their costumers at all.

PLEASE DON'T GO TO THIS HOTEL. IT DOES NOT WORTH IT.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank The O

Travellers are raving about these Ciudad Obregon hotels

Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 14 September 2005

This is a motel to avoid. The pictures on their brochure as well as on the web are NOT accurate whatsoever. The rooms are very small and consist of a cold tile floor, hard mattresses on poured cement platforms and a table and chair that weren't nice even when they were new 20 years ago. There were cockroaches in the room and no hot water for our 2-day stay.

On the plus side, the grounds are pretty and the air conditioning worked really well. Motel was quiet and well-located. Just down the street is the Hotel Valle Obregon -- a MUCH better choice.

• Stayed September 2005