“Ice Cold Water and lots of wasting time as a result”

Wyndham Garden Ciudad Obregon
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Ciudad Obregon
Denver, Colorado
“Ice Cold Water and lots of wasting time as a result”
Reviewed 31 December 2009

I am at this hotel right now! There seems to be no hot water in the entire hotel...

After traveling all day I looked forward to a shower and the water was so cold I could barely get wet. The front desk offered me a different room in the morning. Now I am in the new room and same deal. Too cold to use the shower. I checked the common area restrooms on the first and second floor meeting and restaurant areas and they have no hot water either.

Which makes me think... handwashing, dishwashing???

I made my reservation through trip advisor advertisor hotels.com and got no help by the way. As a matter of fact she was insisting that my reservation was at the Quality Inn. I asked her to spell Quality Inn and I hung up after H....O......L.....

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DJWally

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
vancouver
Reviewed 22 April 2009

Ive been traveling a lot to Obregon, business related, and everytime I try to stay at a different hotel to see by first hand my options; and right one, this might be the best option in town.
The rooms have exactly what I needed, comfortable bed, spacy bathroom, HIGH SPEED internet acces for FREE wich I personally loved, and also they have a business center with a couple of computers and a little meeting room that you can use for free also.
The food was very good, staff could use a little more english.
Defenitly will come back because the manager told me that they are going to "upgrade" everything at this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank lm121281
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 July 2007

I travel to Ciudad Obregon regularly on business and always stay at the Holiday inn as it is the best in town. There are multiple room floor plans to choose from that vary in cost and location in the hotel.
The hotel is located on the main street which makes the noise level very loud. I always run the a/c fan constantly to drown out the noise. Wireless internet is available for free but it's a weak signal and slow. The food in the restaurant is OK but the service is bad. Little English is spoken but anyone should be able to get by. My biggest complaint is that the beds are as hard as rocks and the pillows are flat foam which doesn't equate to a good nights sleep. One other tip is to make sure that you do not get a room on the front side of the hotel as the lights shine in your room till all hours plus the traffic noise to boot!

• Disliked — noise, rock hard beds, foam pillows
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank pdxballard

Travellers are raving about these Ciudad Obregon hotels

Mexico City
Reviewed 31 July 2005

Let me start by telling that this hotel can easily get 4 stars in this tripadvisor rating. Unfortunately I have to give 2 stars according to what I experienced. I stayed one night in this hotel. The building on itself is more than okay. Situated in the main road of Ciudad Obregon with a nice swimming pool in the middle of the hotel. In fact the rooms (3 floors) are build around this swimming pool. Probably because of lack of space the simming does not get a lot of sun. There are public computers available at no cost close to the lobby, where you can also print out things. Moreover there is a tiny gym. The hotel is supposed to be remodeled and should have high velocity internet. In our room we could not detect any internet connection. In the lobby we did receive the signal (prodigy). The rooms are okay, not too big, warm shower and complimentary water (2 bottles!), coffee machine, ironer. Actually anything you need. Also there were enough towels available in the room. Disturbing was that we found a "chapulin" in the room in the morning. Okay, Ciudad Obregon is terribly warm in the summer (>40 degrees centigrade) and the street is full of these creatures, but I do not want to see them in the hotel. Not in the room and not in the lobby. They jump on your legs, it is a terrible sensation. Probably there are extension methods avalailable to prevend them from entering the rooms. Plus point for this hotel is the complimentary national drink they offer. Bad thing was that the beer I took tasted worthless, I expect near, or even over date, it was not visible on the bottle.
The breakfast is not included, moreover it was not very good. The service was definately not what I am used to in Mexico. The waiters looked tired, not willing to do anything. It took a long time to get there attention, time after time.

I am willing to come back one time to see if this all was just an incident, because I think this hotel can do a lot better.

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business
8 Thank Chicahuztli
Mexico City
Reviewed 4 July 2005

This Holiday Inn hotel is being remodeled, so there was some inconvenience about that, that is why I put my review on average. From outside it looks pretty modern now in complete white. The inside is still being worked on. Unfortunately they could not make a working internet connection despite the codes they gave us. The breakfast was not included, but there was complimentary water on the room. The rooms are small, sober, but clean and great view on the eigth floor. The bed (king size) is very nice, I woke up feeling really rested! The breakfast (at extra pay) is nice and well arranged, enough staff to help you and egs on demand, well done! No swimming pool as of yet (maybe later in the executive area??). There was a gym on the fifth floor. Parking available in secured area and free for guests, which is excellent because it is VERY difficult to find a parking spot (free) in Culiacan. Culiacan itself is not that exciting, if I wasn't there for business I wouldn't know what to do. VIP cinema maybe? The only interesting thing about Culiacan is its girls "culichis" they call them, "girls with butt". The most beautiful women in Mexico live here...but prepare...it is extremely hot (temperature!!) there, humid and very few places with airco...if you are not used to that climat, you will suffer!

• Stayed July 2005