“Nice, clean hotel. Quiet.”

Holiday Inn Matamoros
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Matamoros
Mexico
“Nice, clean hotel. Quiet.”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel for only one night while on business at Matamoros. It has nice security features which make you feel safe at all times. There is a guard at the parking lot entrance, the parking lot itself is very well illuminated, and to gain access to the elevator you need to use your room key. My room was clean, and the size and the furniture were acceptable, enough electrical outlets to plug and recharge all the gadgets that one carries these days. In general, once you get to the elevator, in the halls, and in the room the place is very quiet if you want to rest. Front desk staff were fairly nice and professional. I did not get a chance to try the food at the restaurant.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank XFisher
HolidayInnMAMTA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Matamoros, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us, we reiterate our service and attention, we are very pleased to serve you and that you find yourself an comfortable stay.
See you soon and thanks for your comments.
Regards
Attentively
General Management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Mexico City, Mexico

Good service

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This is my first time in the chain of Holiday inn hotels but I have to admit I was nicely surprised. It offers everything you need for a nice peacfull stay and if on a business trip very good working and meeting conditions.
Prices are quite reasonable, about 85 euro per night and for this I can really enjoy the hotel.
There is a pool, nice restaurant, it is close to a mall (25 min walk or 5-8 min taxi).
Rooms are clean, personal is helpful and speaks reasonable english.
The only thing that I didn't like are the windows, they are hard to open, and you can open no more than 15cm which is annoying if you want fresh air fast.
There is a parking infront of the hotel and even thoug it is near a major road in the rooms are silent.
Breakfast is as in any mexican hotel, nothing fancy.
Beds are comfy and you get different pillows hard/soft which are merked :_)

Room Tip: Anything not facing the front road would be good.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank vdexoto
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I've stayed in this hotel several times for work travel. The good thing about it is that it feels fairly safe in an otherwise unsafe Texas/Mexico border town. A gated entrance and elevator that requires room key to get off the ground floor are benefits. The rooms are not very well taken care of and when you get to your room most of the time the A/C is off, meaning you have to set it and wait for the room to cool down.
Depending on what room you get you either have a tub/shower combo or just a shower, so make sure to ask for a tub if (like me) you like to soak in a hot bath after traveling.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Just_Mel42
UK
Reviewed 11 June 2009

I stayed in the HI Matamoros, while on a business trip during the early part of June 2009. Arrived late and the staff were very helpful at the check in. One point, we were told not to go out of the hotel as there could be problems!

The restaurant is excellent and serves really good food, and the breakfast buffet has every thing. The staff are really friendly.

The room was clean and the bed comfortable; however, the decoration was tired in both the rooms and hallways. Also the place had a real "musty" smell about it.

There is a small gym, but none of the kit was working.

As the bed was clean and comfortable, and the restaurant served excellent food, I would stay again, as a last resort.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank handyspanner
Texas
Reviewed 11 December 2007

We decided to go to the Holiday Inn based on reviews I read here in Trip Advisor. The hotel itself was beautiful. The rooms were clean, the beds were very comfortable and the staff was friendly. We didn't realize until after we checked out that all of my money had been taken from my wallet. We left at night to a Quinceanera (15th B-day party). In Mexico, these events and weddings last until the wee hours of the morning. My room was locked and the "Do Not Disturb" sign was on my door. Someone (I'm assuming a staff member) must have seen us leave all dressed up (formal dress) and knew we wouldn't be back for hours. Nothing else in the room was touched, not even my credit cards, just the cash (which was all I had for the rest of the week). I didn't notice until we left the hotel and were sitting at a restaurant to eat and I went to pay - no money! I was very disappointed because our stay really was comfortable there.

Stayed December 2007
5 Thank mariawm
Seattle
Reviewed 29 September 2007

We arrived late at night after having a very bad experience at another hotel in town. This Holiday Inn has excellent customer service and English speaking front desk staff. We were moving to Mexico and had our pets with us in the car. We parked in the secure parking lot in the rear. Security offered to keep an eye on the car and call the room if pets needed anything, it made it a much nicer evening on us road-weary travelers.

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank StevenJ007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matamoros
Best Western Hotel Plaza Matamoros
Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville
Courtyard Brownsville
Courtyard Brownsville
#6 of 25 in Brownsville

Been to Holiday Inn Matamoros? Share your experiences!