Torreon Marriott Hotel
US$77
Gamma Torreon(Torreon)
Mision Torreon(Torreon)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscrepesbreakfast buffetchilaquileschickenmany optionsbathroomlobbywifiamenitiesmall
Reviewed 7 April 2013

It is an excelent place to stay, enjoying the piano music,the outstandig service and more.Just to mention that i forgot my passport in a shirt that i put to send to the lundry, i was out of the hotel and i called them, i ask to look for the passport, they called me in 5 minutes saing that they had foud it. They save me from a big problem.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Ariel L
Reviewed 20 December 2012

This hotel is nothing short of spectacular. I have been traveling about once a month to Torreon for almost 2 years now, and I always stay here. The staff is very helpful and friendly, right from the moment you drive in to the valet I feel at home.

Right in the middle of the building is a huge open space with a glass dome at the top and at the bottom the restaurant area. This is a perfect place for a breakfast meeting: the food is impressive and again the staff is great!

I have never stayed in the same room twice in my many visits. The rooms are always very clean. Compared to other similarly priced hotels in Torreon I believe this has the best Rooms. A huge desk with a working chair, a big 2 piece comfy couch, the awesome Marriott bed and the huge all granite bathroom!

At about 85 bucks a night with Free: valet, WiFi, and delicious breakfast. I do believe it is one of the best deals too.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the dome area, they are the best. Keep in mind that sometime at dinner time there is a piano man in the open restaurant area that you may hear in your room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Great hotel,probably the best in a area,fantastic breakfast until 11am!live piano music in a lobby(this so valubale in now days!) big clean rooms though my had milky glass window and it felt strange since i couldn see anything thrugh it. and only one elevator in a right wing of the hotel obviously not enough.very helpful staff.thank you i had a great stay!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Hello! I just traveled to Torrean, Mexico this past weekend at the end of April to visit my girlfriend and now fiancee. She recommended the Marriott since it was close to her home and family. The hotel is very nice inside, it was very clean, my room was very nice looking and clean as well, but I only had hot water for 1 of three days. I did not report the problem the first time as I thought it might just be temporary but I reported it on my last day and it was not fixed prior to departure, The free breakfast buffet was ok, nothing to write home about, obviously they are trying to keep costs down. They need blinds over the bathroom windows to keep the sunlight out of the rooms in the morning. There is a lot of banging and clanging in the morning when they are setting up the buffet. I was on the second floor, so that did not help my situation. It was very quiet there otherwise. Service in the buffet was lacking. Nothing too dramatic, just having to ask for simple things three times etc. The city was great! From all the media hype I was expecting a drug cartel war zone, it was quite the opposite. a very modern and friendly town. My girl drove us everywhere, we saw as much of the city and surrounding areas as possible. No drug wars, no problems period! I recommend visiting!

Room Tip: it is noisy in the morning when they are setting up the buffet, so get a room higher up. Check the hot water every morning.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anm8tr
GMtorreon, General Manager at Torreon Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thank you for your review, Please next time you visit Torreon, let me know so I can attend you personally, We have a new great buffet with a great variety of plates (12), with an omelet station and our new gorditas station, plus the sweet bread buffet , cereal and fruit section. So please let me know when you return to Torreon. Congratulations for your engagement !!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I love staying in this hotel, and they keep the same excellent service as always, they have the breakfast buffet redesigned and improved, they have a new chef, renzo is his name, congrats keep the good work

• Stayed: February 2012
GMtorreon, General Manager at Torreon Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Mr traveller2710

Thank you for your great comments, it really motivates our associates to keep the good work.
Hope to see you soon