“Royal still good ”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
GreenLeadersGold level
“Royal still good ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Half way thru our vacation and all is well. Food is great pool side service is great room service great. Staff is always ready to help. Had to ask for two towels in the room a couple of times but if that's the worst thing that happens it's all good. Will rite more when we get home,not that easy to do a review on an iPhone. Still we'll worth the price of admission.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mike B
AnaMCastro, General Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Mike B
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your return to Royal Suites Punta de Mita. I appreciate and I will take note about your comments. Please feel free to contact me personally if you decide to come back to Vallarta and I would personally take care of your reservation.
best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
Gander, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Just returned from one week at the Royal Suites . My husband and I have been to several all inclusive resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean and this resort ranks amongst the best ! We were treated like royalty and have only positive comments . The food was excellent ( we never left the Punta Mita restaurant ) . The drinks were great and the service was wonderful . A big thank you to Ramon , Alfredo , Antonia, and Javier who took care of our every need ! We hope to return next year !

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Geraldine F
Dear Geraldine F
First of all I would like to say that I really appreciate all your great comments about our resort and staff. I will take note and I will send them to our staff. For us it is a gratifying that you enjoyed your vacation with us in your visit to Royal Suites Punta de Mita.
We are continuously working in order to keep our guest expectations high and the comments that we receive from our guests help us to know if we are on the right path.
I hope that you decide to spend your next vacation with us and if there is anything that we can do, please let me know or send me an email
Best Regards
Middletown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We had a really good vacation here October 12 to 19. Traveled with 3 other couples and we all had a very nice vacation. The food in the Royal Suites restaurant was always very good and the service was excellent. In particular have to thank Alfredo who was there breakfast and lunch everyday and took care of our every request. The food in the ala carte restaurants was also good; however, the air conditioning never seemed to be working and all the restaurants were very warm - uncomfortable.
The Royal Suites pool is great. The bar service at the pool was incredible. These guys work very hard.
The rooms were always very clean.
We had traveled here about 4 years ago and I did notice that the property seems to have deteriorated somewhat. Could use some uplift.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank dawen43
Dear dawen43
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your last vacation in The Royal Suites Punta de Mita. All reports help us to understand what our guests need or want from their vacation. I will take note about the issues with the air conditioning and I would like to inform you we already are working in a extensive maintenance program in order to correct all problems in a timeline manner.
Again, thank you for your comments we really appreciate all reports that help us to improve our services.
Best Regards,
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We had originally booked to go to the Palladium Resort which we have visited many times in the past. This time we were offered an upgrade to the Royal Suites for $60 per night (low season) so we decided to try the Royal Suites and we were not disappointed. We had a great time. The Royal Suites are adult only so we were spared the excitement of children running around - note we love our grand children but there are times when you just want a quiet vacation!
Many of our old friends from the Palladium were now over at the Royal so it was great to see Macario and Marcellino looking after the bar and Martin, Carlos and Alfredo looking after the restaurant.
We are an older couple, so we just like to enjoy the simpler pleasures of the heated pool, rather than to go surfing at the beach. Some of the guests bring their own surf boards to enjoy the waves at the beach.
Food was great! We ate a lot of lobster as well as enjoying other well-prepared dishes - our compliments to the chef.
At the Royal you also have full use of the facilities of the Palladium. It was good to see Francesca again as she was at the lobby bar. Our only wish would be for them to start the evening show much earlier as by the time it starts we are ready for bed!
We were there 11th Oct to 18th Oct 2013. We were a bit worried as to what to expect from the weather as this is the tail end of their rainy season but we had sunshine during the day and only a couple of evening showers.
I know some people have been scared off by stories about Mexico but we feel we are safer there than in some parts of Toronto. If fact we were talking to one of the security guards who was covering the night shift. His name was Lara and he spoke perfect English. He was very pleasant and great to talk to, and we felt very safe. His marine training certainly showed through in his confident and straightforward manner.
We have travelled to many resorts down south but what keeps us coming back to the Palladium and the Royal Suites are the heated pools- so very few other places have pools where you can spend most of your day in the water.
We like this resort and we have booked to return there this December. So if you are doing the same, come and say Felice Navidad! and join us in a toast to the good life!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Burlington_Couple
San Juan Capistrano, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is the worst expierence I have ever had. I was celebrating my 50th birthday and brought 9 of my girlfriends. We were all disgusted!! We couldn't stay in the dirty, bug infested rooms and couldn't even look at the gross food. We spent a few hours making calls to other resorts and left as soon as the sun came up. I really can't believe some of the other reviews....please..trust me...do not stay here even if they offer it free.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank CCS2013
AnaMCastro, General Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear CCS2013
First of all, I am really sorry that your stay in The Royal Suites Punta de Mita was a disappointed experience. Trust me I am very surprised for your comments regards our hotel service. I cannot give you a correct answer because I notice that your last stay was in December 2012!! You and your friends stayed with us almost a year ago and I only can tell you is that I really sorry if we could not solve or see your problem while you were here with us. Again, I am sorry if we cannot meet your expectations during your last stay.
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

This resort is perfect for a romantic getaway. The neighboring Palladium is full of kids but unless you venture there fot a meal,it's bot noticeable. The restaurant is fabulous witha free lobster upgrade and top notch service. The rooms could use an upgrade but overall, we loved it!

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank faulknet7470
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Dear Faulknet7470,
Thanks a lot for your comments and for giving us your feedback of your stay at our Resort. I was very pleased to read all the positive comments you had for us and our food, facilities and service.

Thank you again for your remarks and we hope to see you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.
Kind regards,
Spruce Grove, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

We visited the Royal Suites in November of 2012 (my review is a little late but I really wanted to share our experience).

We started out on the Palladium side as we got a great deal. I truly believe we got what we paid for, the rooms were recently refreshed, we had a great view of the ocean, and the buffet food was always fresh and plentiful with a wonderful selection. We also enjoyed the adult pool very much, and Alberto in the buffet should get a promotion to the Royal section – fabulous waiter.

We had a room key incident that was not handled well by staff (in our opinion) and were offered a discounted upgrade to the Royal Suites about ¾ through our vacation. I must say it was worth every penny. No on likes to spend half their day moving rooms on vacation, but upon entering the lobby I was instantly relaxed.

This section of the resort has a boutique feel to it. Very quiet, more than enough room for everyone, and staffed appropriately. The rooms were much larger with far superior amenities. The views aren’t there, but the butler service made up for that.

One reason we have been hesitant to book at the Royal Suites in the past was that it only had one adults only restaurant. After realizing the menu changed daily for lunch and dinner, that issue no longer seemed pertinent. There was always a great variety of food options prepared very well, and within reason they would adjust menu items to your liking.

If I could “complain” about anything, or maybe suggest, it would have been nice to have a cappuccino with my breakfast but it wasn’t an option. Hot water seemed to increase and decrease making our showers twice as long as they needed to be. An ATM that dispenses pesos would be great, and more explanation on check in as to how we contact our butler would have been useful. Beds are getting a little worn, but at least they weren’t covered in the nasty plastic as they were on the Palladium side.

I still feel if you’re looking for a reasonably priced resort and don’t plan to venture away too often (the location is quite remote) the Palladium is a great option. If you want a quiet vacation by the pool, listening to the ocean waves with fantastic food and superior service, book the Royal Suites.

We are returning this November and have been dreaming about it since we left! And don’t miss Hemmingway’s – Giovanni is the best!

Room Tip: No elevators so request a main floor room if mobility is an issue for you.