“Great resort”

GreenLeadersGold level
Surrey, Canada
“Great resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

The Royal Suites seems to be almost entirely couples. The other side of the Palladium was a mix, but mostly families and couples. If you are single and looking to meet other singles, this is probably not the place for you. If you are looking to escape the world or spend time with your significant other or family, this is a great place to do so. The royal suites is a lot quieter and less busy than the rest of the resort - and the resort is big enough that I was always able to find a quiet place to relax alone when I wanted.

The food at the Royal Suites restaurant was terrific. All the staff at the restaurant were friendly and hard working and they all deserve praise, although Javier seemed to be exceptional.

The background music playing at the pool and the restaurant was awesome! It was mostly cover songs performed with a relaxed lounge music style. The music was relaxing and the remixes sometimes made me laugh. Where can I get a copy of the soundtrack? Where did this music come from? I would really like to know.

The sandy beach is gorgeous but very rocky once you get in the water. Supposedly it is normally good for surfing, but there weren't many waves while I was there.

Other staff that I thought deserved mentioning are Alberto (concierge) who was always friendly and easy to talk to, which made me feel more at home. Also, Marcelino (I think that was his name - the big guy.) who bartended in the evenings at both the lobby bar and the pool bar. He was very friendly and welcoming and was a true professional.

And thanks to all the other friendly staff I didn't mention for making my stay memorable.

Wilf

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Wilf3000
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Wilf3000,
Thanks a lot for your comments and for giving us your feedback of your stay at our Resort. I was very pleased to read all the positive comments you had for us. I will pass your nice remarks to the people you mentioned in your review (Alberto, Marcelino…).
For your information, as you asked us, in Royal Suites Pool we play music like: ”Bossa N’Stones”, “A chillout tribute to Queen”, “Clasical chillout”… I hope you find this music playlists.

Thank you again for your remarks and we hope to see you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further information.
Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

My boyfriend and I found a great deal on the Grand Suites and decided to book after reading the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. We are so glad we did.

The room was huge and clean. The bed was comfortable (make sure you order from the pillow menu - no extra charge) and the jacuzzi was a great added touch.

My boyfriend was adamant we stay somewhere where the food selection was large and tasty. We were extremely happy with the food. Many of the friends we made never left the Grand Suites restaurant because of the revolving menu. We were a little more adventurous and tried all the a la carte restaurants on the family side. While I have to agree that eating cheese fondue and lobster at the Grand Suites every night awesome (don't be afraid to order the lobster every night – no extra charge) but all the a la carte restaurants were fabulous. Especially the Japanese one.

The pool side service was wonderful. All the servers are happy to cater to your every need. The fun thing is, they never say no. They'll also try their best to get to know you on a first name basis. The snack menu was also very tasty. Make sure you grab one of the canopy beds down by the ocean and order yourself the shrimp skewers and a Miami. Talk about heaven.

If you're a party animal, don't worry. We found the Grand Suites gave you the best of both worlds. True comfort and relaxation but have the ability to go over the the family side and participate in all sorts of activities. We took an archery class, went snorkelling, played volley ball, ping pong, sea kayaking (you can even surf – all at no extra charge). Most people on the adults only side like to relax by the pool all day, but if you're looking for some nightlife and excitement, you won't be disappointed because the other side is where the party animals are. Even the bartenders at the disco will take song requests.

Our ONLY three complaints were: our room fridge was broken. We know they tried, but it was never actually fixed (not a big issue since the pool bar was super close). Watch out for the timeshare people at the airport. They managed to suck us into a big sales speech thus making us miss our resort bus. The third complaint was the credit card fraud that happened at the resort. We used our credit card twice while at the resort, and we're not sure if it was the front desk, or the resort spa, but one of those two places managed to copy my card and pin. Came home to my bank calling me off the hook about insane charges made on my card. It was a damper, but I have written to the resort informing them of this. So beware.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the first floor closest to the pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Matoots123
Dear Matoots123,
First of all, I would like to thank you for the good comments about your stay in The Royal Suites Punta Mita and for bringing up the services that can help all visitors in their next trips.
I am glad that you enjoyed your vacation with us and we will take note about your comments about our staff and services, in order to improve our performance day after day, so we can do our best to make sure that every guest has a great experience here.
Also, I would like to apologize for your discomforts you experienced during your stay, let me tell you both were solved correctly.
If you decide to come back again or if there is anything else we can do for you, please, do not hesitate to contact us directly,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Half way thru our vacation and all is well. Food is great pool side service is great room service great. Staff is always ready to help. Had to ask for two towels in the room a couple of times but if that's the worst thing that happens it's all good. Will rite more when we get home,not that easy to do a review on an iPhone. Still we'll worth the price of admission.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mike B
AnaMCastro, General Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Mike B
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your return to Royal Suites Punta de Mita. I appreciate and I will take note about your comments. Please feel free to contact me personally if you decide to come back to Vallarta and I would personally take care of your reservation.
best regards
Gander, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Just returned from one week at the Royal Suites . My husband and I have been to several all inclusive resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean and this resort ranks amongst the best ! We were treated like royalty and have only positive comments . The food was excellent ( we never left the Punta Mita restaurant ) . The drinks were great and the service was wonderful . A big thank you to Ramon , Alfredo , Antonia, and Javier who took care of our every need ! We hope to return next year !

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Geraldine F
Dear Geraldine F
First of all I would like to say that I really appreciate all your great comments about our resort and staff. I will take note and I will send them to our staff. For us it is a gratifying that you enjoyed your vacation with us in your visit to Royal Suites Punta de Mita.
We are continuously working in order to keep our guest expectations high and the comments that we receive from our guests help us to know if we are on the right path.
I hope that you decide to spend your next vacation with us and if there is anything that we can do, please let me know or send me an email
Best Regards
Middletown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We had a really good vacation here October 12 to 19. Traveled with 3 other couples and we all had a very nice vacation. The food in the Royal Suites restaurant was always very good and the service was excellent. In particular have to thank Alfredo who was there breakfast and lunch everyday and took care of our every request. The food in the ala carte restaurants was also good; however, the air conditioning never seemed to be working and all the restaurants were very warm - uncomfortable.
The Royal Suites pool is great. The bar service at the pool was incredible. These guys work very hard.
The rooms were always very clean.
We had traveled here about 4 years ago and I did notice that the property seems to have deteriorated somewhat. Could use some uplift.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank dawen43
Dear dawen43
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your last vacation in The Royal Suites Punta de Mita. All reports help us to understand what our guests need or want from their vacation. I will take note about the issues with the air conditioning and I would like to inform you we already are working in a extensive maintenance program in order to correct all problems in a timeline manner.
Again, thank you for your comments we really appreciate all reports that help us to improve our services.
Best Regards,
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We had originally booked to go to the Palladium Resort which we have visited many times in the past. This time we were offered an upgrade to the Royal Suites for $60 per night (low season) so we decided to try the Royal Suites and we were not disappointed. We had a great time. The Royal Suites are adult only so we were spared the excitement of children running around - note we love our grand children but there are times when you just want a quiet vacation!
Many of our old friends from the Palladium were now over at the Royal so it was great to see Macario and Marcellino looking after the bar and Martin, Carlos and Alfredo looking after the restaurant.
We are an older couple, so we just like to enjoy the simpler pleasures of the heated pool, rather than to go surfing at the beach. Some of the guests bring their own surf boards to enjoy the waves at the beach.
Food was great! We ate a lot of lobster as well as enjoying other well-prepared dishes - our compliments to the chef.
At the Royal you also have full use of the facilities of the Palladium. It was good to see Francesca again as she was at the lobby bar. Our only wish would be for them to start the evening show much earlier as by the time it starts we are ready for bed!
We were there 11th Oct to 18th Oct 2013. We were a bit worried as to what to expect from the weather as this is the tail end of their rainy season but we had sunshine during the day and only a couple of evening showers.
I know some people have been scared off by stories about Mexico but we feel we are safer there than in some parts of Toronto. If fact we were talking to one of the security guards who was covering the night shift. His name was Lara and he spoke perfect English. He was very pleasant and great to talk to, and we felt very safe. His marine training certainly showed through in his confident and straightforward manner.
We have travelled to many resorts down south but what keeps us coming back to the Palladium and the Royal Suites are the heated pools- so very few other places have pools where you can spend most of your day in the water.
We like this resort and we have booked to return there this December. So if you are doing the same, come and say Felice Navidad! and join us in a toast to the good life!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Burlington_Couple
San Juan Capistrano, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is the worst expierence I have ever had. I was celebrating my 50th birthday and brought 9 of my girlfriends. We were all disgusted!! We couldn't stay in the dirty, bug infested rooms and couldn't even look at the gross food. We spent a few hours making calls to other resorts and left as soon as the sun came up. I really can't believe some of the other reviews....please..trust me...do not stay here even if they offer it free.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank CCS2013
AnaMCastro, General Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear CCS2013
First of all, I am really sorry that your stay in The Royal Suites Punta de Mita was a disappointed experience. Trust me I am very surprised for your comments regards our hotel service. I cannot give you a correct answer because I notice that your last stay was in December 2012!! You and your friends stayed with us almost a year ago and I only can tell you is that I really sorry if we could not solve or see your problem while you were here with us. Again, I am sorry if we cannot meet your expectations during your last stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
Villa La Estancia
Villa La Estancia
#1 of 3 in Flamingos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,253 reviews

Been to The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium? Share your experiences!