“Not four stars”

GreenLeadersGold level
New York
“Not four stars”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

The staff is great but thats all. Everything else about this place needs an overhaul. Our room was clean but sad looking the paint was worn, the chairs were old and stained, not four star quality. We ordered from room service twice once at breakfast and the other for a late snack. The breakfast was edable the snack went into the garbage. We were here for 3 days and I'm glad we had planned to spend most of our time out of the hotel. If not for that we would have changed hotels.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank TRAVGRL
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear TRAVGRL,
I would like to thank you for your comments about your last stay in November in our Hotel and your nice remarks about our staff.
We take very seriously all comments and suggestions that we receive from our guest in order to improve our services day to day. Of course we will check your remarks about the Room Service and your opinion about the furniture.
Thank you again for your comments and feel free to contact us for any further matter.
Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
Kamloops, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

This was our second time to Mexico. We had so much fun last year we vowed to do it yearly. It is my one time to truly do nothing and destress from a stressful job and spend time with my husband.
But from the moment we got here it was disappointing. The room was right near the disco and at 9:30 it was like it was in our room until 2 am. The shower had no hot water. But we asked to change rooms and moved at 2 the next day to the other side. But they gave us a smoking room that stank. The shower had NO pressure, there was no plug for the jacuzzi,no room service menu and the air conditioning didn't work. I was tired and wanted to just rest so just asked them to fix it. 3 days of workman coming all hours to try and fix it topping with coming back to room ill and not being able to go in because they were still working on it. Finally got moved AGAIN. This room didn't have a working remote and was an attached room to another suite. So we could hear absolutely everything they said and did and I'm sure vice versa.

There was scanty bar service unless you sat by the pool. And you were yelled at by a security guard or life guard when you tried to swim in the ocean. Which is why I come to Mexico. I have pools in Canada.

The drinks were weak and the food mediocre.

On our last day our flight does not leave until 8:45 pm and the information package said we could do late check out until 5 pm with a charge after that. But got told that it was $40 until 4 pm. Nice.

Especially given the lack of trying to do anything on the part of management to say sorry for the inconveniences over the room this is disappointing.

And not that we came to be connected to the internet, but the wifi is atrocious. So don't count on it.

The one shining employee was Roman at the bar by the adult pool. He learned our order and just kept bringing them. Well done.

The maids did a fine job and I didn't hesitate to tip them.

But the experience was stressful and didn't give me what I wanted.

We will not be back

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank KMacneill
Dear KMacneill,
First of all, thank you for your comments about your last stay in our Resort. I would like to apologize for any discomfort you experienced during your stay. I have read your same report in Grand Palladium site with different nickname. Please is important for the rest of the people who read the impressions of our guests that you be honest with only one report in the Resort you were.
I will take note about your suggestions in order to improve our day to day services and facilities.
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Just came back for a week stay at the Royal Suites Punta de Mita. The wife and I have traveled to 14 all-inclusive in 3 countries (Mexico, Costa Rica, Cuba) in the last 8 years and we felt it was the best Mexican experience we could hope for. The food was outstanding, the resort was very well maintained and the service was exceptional. Special thanks to Juan (Butler), Javier (Waiter) and Alfredo (Waiter). Will likely go back.

3 Thank Steeve T
Dear Steeve T,
Thank you so much for your comments and for giving us your feedback of your stay with your wife at our Resort. I was very pleased to read all the positive comments you had for us and also I will pass your nice remarks to the people you mentioned in your review (Juan, Javier and Alfredo).

Thank you again for your remarks and I hope to see you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further information.
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

I booked here because of all the great reviews, but it does not live up to the reviews at all. It's my 3rd day & my list of complaints are long:
- advertised as adults only but there is only a tiny area (1 pool & 1 restaurant) that is adults only. The rest of the place is over run with kids.
- internet/wifi does not work anywhere in the resort except the main lobby (which is full of kids). They say the wifi works everywhere but the signal is so slow & intermittent that you can't even bring up google, so no, it doesn't work.
- we tried to book an excursion with the 'butler' but he didn't get back to us with the promised info, so we started over with a different butler...she did the same thing so we went to the front desk, Martin, who put us on the phone with someone...who wasn't that helpful. We ended up booking it online ourselves.
- when we arrived we changed rooms twice as I requested 2 queen beds & they gave us a king, then another king...as we shuffled our bags around room to room trying to get it straightened out.
- we made a reservation for Bambu restaurant last night at the resort. The service was so awful that we left after an hour of not getting our food & couldn't even get anyone's attention to say we were leaving.
I have communicated all of these issues with Martin on the front desk (manager I think) & he has given me a sympathetic look but has offered nothing to make up for what he agrees is terrible service.
On top of that, the food has been very mediocre & the service inconsistent. I feel most of the staff are friendly/nice/pleasant but just do not deliver good customer service...they are slow to bring a drink or food or actually do what they are supposed to be doing. I have noticed tips make a bit of a difference but one should not get poor service or no service at an all inclusive if they don't tip. A tip shouldn't be expected, it should be earned.
I'm posting this review on the 3rd day of my week long stay hoping that it will get the attention of management who will offer something, anything, to not make me feel like this is the worst vacation rental I've ever had. So far they haven't seemed to care that we are very dissatisfied. (If you read my other reviews you will see that I'm not the type to always complain. I'm a fair reviewer.) Tracey in 5006.

Room Tip: If you are looking for adults only: do not book here. If you have kids, it might be fine.
3 Thank Tracey S
Dear Tracey S,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe in detail your opinions while you were here with us. We take very seriously all comments and suggestions that we receive from our guest in order to improve our services day to day. I know we checked your negative remarks during your stay and I hope all your complaints were solved.
As I told you before, all comments, bad and good, are very important to us for constantly improving the quality of our service.
Thank you again, we hope to see you again in the future and please, feel free to contact us for any further matter.
Kind Regards,
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

We stayed there for 7 days. The service was the best, The facility was as good as advertise and the food was excellent. This was the adult only side of the resort and the restaurant in this part of the resort was the best.The food was 5 star every day and the service was the best. The other restaurants on the palladium side, were good to excellent.
All through the resort, the staff excel at make our vacation special in every way. We found lots to do on the resort ground and the salt water pool was a great addition to the other pools. I would recommend this resort whether the palladium or the royal suites to every one who wants a trouble free vacation. 5 stars resort Pierre M.

Room Tip: pay the extra for the Royal suites if you have no kids with you.
2 Thank Pierre M
Dear Pierre M,
Thanks a lot for your nice opinion about your last holidays with us in Royal Suites Punta de Mita.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. For us is gratifying to know that our guest enjoyed their vacations and we are providing our best services for them.
Thank you again for your remarks and we hope to see you again in the future.
Middleton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

My husband and I spent 10 days here in November and had an excellent time. The staff went out of their way to ensure the quality of service was outstanding and it was. The wait staff, from Hector, Fernando, Carlos and Antonio at the front bar were the best. Our room was very comfortable and was spotless - thanks to the great housekeeping staff. If you like quiet and relaxation, then this is the place for you. The food was served in perfect portions and always well presented, not to mention delicious. The plentiful fresh fruit and vegetables available at each meal was greatly appreciated. As was the daily yoga/stretching class offered next door at the Palladium, which faced the beach. The pool staff ensured towels were available on each lounge chair daily so you didn't need to trek pool towels back and forth to your room. Many different opportunities for lounging either pool side or at the beach, as well as plenty of shade to be had. We will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kat4662
Dear Kat4662,
I would like to thank you for your comments and for giving us your feedback of your stay at our Resort. I was very pleased to read all comments you had for us and also I will pass your nice remarks to the people you mentioned in your review (Hector, Fernando, Carlos and Antonio).
Thanks again, we hope to see you again in the future and please, feel free to contact us for your next visit or for any further matter.
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

We couldn't over recommend this resort.
If you are a couple, or enjoy being catered to, GO........... To mention any number of the employees by name would ignore the rest.
Everyone went out of the way to make each person feel special.
The whole staff works together, three or four persons would serve us-- it is almost impossible to figure out who to tip. BUT PLEASE TIP, even if only a few dollars, if Canadian, on you next trip to the USA get a stack of $1 bills, one or two each time, chambermaid deserves it daily too, and you never know who will be there tomorrow so tip for the day or the shift. $5 Can for two meals....... they richly deserve the tip, and appreciate it.

Never was there any conflict or one up-manship amongst any group. I would say they are a perfect crew.

We only went to the Palladium for one meal, and were pleased, they filled our order per request.
Otherwise we stayed to the Royal Suites restaurant.
Beautiful views from the restaurant.
Whales seen at distance snorting, raising flippers.
Too comfortable to stay away, but am sure you would not be disappointed.
Cappuccino with espresso shot, filled as we sat down.
If you wanted a specific meal made a certain way, they tried to please.
Drinks, plentiful, and quality........ scotch on the rocks, and dark beer, they knew what your order was, and preferences.

Rooms, large, clean, and comfortable.

Many, many of the guests are repeaters, some 8 or 9 visits..... I would say, most were repeaters. The waiters knew them by name.

Beach,....... well this is the pacific, and tends to be rocky, bring swim shoes, but there is also a saltwater pool that was good for wading.... most people stayed around the pool.

Now Royal Suites/Palladium is out of Vallarta, so if you want a party place, and the Palladium is not to your taste, you are stuck here.

Palladium has nightly shows............. and there are night clubs.
It was a wonderful week, and we will return.
We have lived in CAmerica for 44 and 34 yrs.
Traveled Mexico,
honeymooned there for a month,
gone to every one of the seven countries in CAmerica,
we have stayed at all sorts of resorts/hotels,
some private ones and this one is the best for your money.

Not that there are not areas that could not be improved, but I feel if I were to be asked,
the management would try to improve, the employees involved would listen and try to make everyone happy.
We saw the manager going through, and inspecting different areas. Kudos for her.

One negative,
a local wedding,
but lets face we are in THEIR country,
and you have to realize that neither the management is able to do much, and if this was a group of NorthAmericans, probably it would have been worse????????????? no!!!
....... the Canuks and Gringos would be far less behaved.
5* all around.

Room Tip: noit sure if you can phone and make requests when you are one of these tour thingies, if so ask for...
2 Thank SeekADeal
Dear SeekADeal,

Thank you so much for your kind words about your visit with your couple to Royal Suites Punta de Mita. We appreciated it very much. We continuously work to make every guest’s holiday a great experience, and it is very important for us to realize that our effort is successful.
I will pass your special thanks to the staff you mentioned in your review.

We look forward to welcome you back next year maybe here maybe in another Grand Palladium Resort and please, let us know it in advance in order to make the proper arrangements to take care about your stay.
Kind regards,
Villa La Estancia
Villa La Estancia
#1 of 3 in Flamingos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,252 reviews

Been to The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium? Share your experiences!