“Another wonderful vacation!”

The Royal Suites Punta de Mita
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 March 2014

|We just returned from our 7th trip to the Royal Suites Feb 21-28th and once again were not disappointed. If what you want is a beautiful location, quiet, relaxing vacation with excellent service, this is the place to go. If you want a loud party atmosphere this is not it. As always a large part of the reason we return is the excellent staff who almost feel like family when they welcome us back. Muchos gracias to the best bartending staff in Mexico, Macario, Roman, Sergio, Marcelinas, Antonio; the best wait staff Alfredo, Hector, Miguel, Gisifredo, Tino, Javier, Miguel (both of them) and if I've forgotten a name, my apologies because they were all so attentive and truly help to make each and every meal a very pleasant experience. Can't do enough for us. Also our butlers Mauro and Misrael. Misrael, gracias for the heart. We hope to see you all again next time. We always eat at the Punta Mita restaurant and it is always excellent, the orange juice has improved and I enjoyed a few mimosas this time around. The rooms are comfortable, clean and cool and our maids did an excellent job as well. Don't hesitate to tip the staff as they all work really hard and deserve it. Without them it wouldn't be as wonderful an experience. Ana, it was a pleasure to meet you this time around. As always I need to work on my Spanish as I feel most of the staff makes such a great effort to speak English. Hasta luego my friends.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank pvb2013
AnaMCastro, General Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear pvb2013
It was a pleasure to meet you too and I am glad to read you enjoyed your return trip to our resort. I will pass your kind words to our staff. For us is gratifying to know our guest enjoyed their vacations and we are providing our best services for them.
I hope meet you again in the future and that we can meet your expectations again

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We read the reviews on this hotel and some reviews had us worried so we contacted our travel agent and she verified that this hotel was very reputable so we decided to try it.

We had a wonderful holiday, it was my husbands first time to Mexico and he totally enjoyed himself.

We stayed on the adult only side (Royal Suites) and we were not disappointed. Our room was totally taken care not one complaint. The front desk staff, pool staff and restaurant staff were awesome. Our pool on the adult side was beautiful, we could watch the whales right from our pool.

Just a couple of things to note: there are no elevators that we could see at either hotel so if you need assistance via elevator this may not be the hotel for you. At the Royal Suites there is 3 levels and two flights of stairs for each level. On the one side of the hotel its pretty noisy when the night show and band are playing. These shows are nightly so if you go to bed earlier than 11:30pm then maybe ask for the opposite side. We totally enjoyed the nightly shows and the bands.

We ventured over to the other hotel (family side) and went to the Mexican Restaurant and the Buffet. Both were very good we had no issues except the Mexican Restaurant was a little slow that night but I think they were short handed other than that no problems. I've been to Mexico numerous times and the food quality here is equal to any other 5 star restaurant in Mexico.

We would definately come here again to the adult side! Thank you to all the staff!!!

2  Thank Bev B

Dear Bev B
I read your comments about royal Suites Punta de Mita and I would like to thank you for your very good comments about this hotel. I am really glad that you and your husband enjoyed your stay in our hotel and I would like to let you know that we will send that information to all our staff that made that our guest enjoyed their vacations with us.
Please, let me know if you are planning to come back here and if I can help you with your reservation or anything else

Hoping to meet you

1 hour to check in.
Screw up with reservation via Expedia resulted in this outfit charging me 50% more than my original reservation. 2 hour discussion with Expedia and manager on site resulted in no satisfaction. Room was not non-smoking as requested, All restaurants on site other than buffet were closed for reservations by 2PM, which is problematic considering you're not allowed to check in until 3PM. After 1 hour ordeal at check in, everything closed except picked over (and just-about-to-close) buffet. Bars on beach closed by the time we got something to eat.
This was a two night stay, and would have been half of that had I known that Expedia was going to blow us off over reservation problems.
There are many, many places to stay in PV, NV and PM. You will get far better treatment and value anywhere else.
Oh, please see attached photo of room's 'view'. Don't let the site photos fool you, this is what you get.

Room Tip: Best tip for this place is to go elsewhere. Second tip is not to use Expedia.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Frank H

Dear Frank H
It is easy to blame the hotel about your touroperator problem or reservation problem. I always recommended to our guests or even all clients to wants to go somewhere they take a look about the information to the hotel in the oficial page or with their touroperator. If Expedia charge you more money, perhaps you did something wrong and it is not hotel responsability. In the Royal Suites we have breakfast, lunch and dinner a la carte in a especific restaurant and we already have room service 24hrs so it is very strange you do not have the oportunity to eat... The bar on the royal pool close at midnight, are sure about our services?
I am sorry if we can not meet your expectations but I can read we did not have any responsability about your problem with your tour operator reservation and even we will try to help you calling to expedia and offer to you differents options to solve your problem and you reject all of them.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

If you have to be near the crowd and all the night clubs this is not your destination. An hour from Puerto Vallarta by bus or taxi this resort is slightly out of the main stream but wants for nothing.

This all inclusive slightly exclusive vacation aside from a Motor Vehicle crash blocking the road to the resort for about an hour on arrival and Royale Tours forgetting to pick us up at the end of our 10 days. ( A quick phone call and a little scurrying by them we were placed in a taxi and unfortunately made it home on time. We did not want to leave.) Was perfect.

The food on the Royal Suites was never boring and always changing. There was only one restaurant on the Royal Suites side (over 18 years of age only). The excellent quality of food was matched by the service. Always courteous and very accommodating.
If you're from Alberta the Mexican idea of 'steak ' will disappoint but the ribs and chicken at the beach front BBQ will make up for that small disappointment.
Upon arrival at the lobby in the Royal Suites we were greeted by the bartender while waiting to check in with a refreshing non alcoholic citrus cocktail. Alcohol was an option but the greeting was greatly appreciated.
There is no Irish Whiskey anywhere in the complex Palladium side nor Royal Suites. A small disappointment for only a handful of us. The higher end tequilas especially Centenario were a pleasant surprise for myself. I have never before enjoyed tequila. Even Corona tastes better there. I also do not enjoy Corona served here in Canada.
For the Palladium experience most Royal Suite patrons partake in the various restaurants throughout the Palladium. They are all good but the Punta Mita on the Royal Suites is noticeably better. A small note, we noticed the staffing at the main buffet restaurant is somewhat short. The staff try hard but they are short on help there.
This facility if a distance from the 'Madding Crowd" but that is what we preferred. 360 pesos (35USD) to Syulita by taxi (can be negotiated down) is well worth it to this surfing beach and summertime style pueblo.
The tour groups all offer the usual excursions and that is always personal preference. We found Vallarta Adventures to be reputable and well organized.
The West Jet flight as in all airlines for a tall person to have to pay extra just to be able to fit in a seat properly is quite annoying but this is company policy and only effects us tall people. I paid the extra for myself and not for my wife and they sat us separately both ways. That is ok with us, sitting separately but to pay extra just so you can fit in the plane is abusive and blatantly discriminatory. I can't diet and get shorter. Otherwise the staff is helpful and efficient. They could tone down the 'cutesy' rhetoric. I want a flight not an evenings entertainment.
In short we have conceded (we were a group of two couples) it was a wonderful facility and vacation and we did not want to come home ,certainly not to the minus 27 that we experienced.
We would return in a heart beat but we want to have other location experiences. We would give Royal Suites at Palladium another go if the occasion arises.
A tip for all patrons of the Palladium or the Royal Suites, the beach access is rocky and there are sea urchins. A good pair of water shoes purchased before you go would serve you greatly. We did this and were very glad we did.

Room Tip: The rooms in building 5 closer to the beach and pool (and their bar) were extremely spacious clean c...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lawrence C
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear Lawrence C,
Thank you for your kind words about our Resort and services, we appreciated it very much. We continuously work to make every guest’s holiday a great experience, and it is very important for us to realize that our effort is successful. As you said we hope you have had a great time with us.
I am glad that you and your friends enjoyed your vacation with us and we will take note about your comments about our staff and services, in order to improve our performance day after day, so we can do our best to make sure that every guest has a great experience here.
If you decide to come back again or if there is anything else we can do for you, please, do not hesitate to contact us directly,

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed at The Royal Suites from Feb.07-21, 2014. As soon as I requested an upgrade to The Royal Suites, the front desk manager pulled me away from the line of people waiting to register. Thank you! The room turned out to be on the top floor, in the building next to the lobby, facing the Palladium side of the resort. This meant I was subject to the music from both the theatre and disco every night. Not something I was pleased with. The room was very spacious and clean, and the maid service was excellent.
I played tennis 13 out of 14 days, and Javier, the tennis pro, went out of his way to make me feel comfortable. He helped improve my ground strokes and serve, and by the end of my stay I almost beat him:)) Javier also spent a lot of time talking with me, and was really encouraging. I hope the hotel is proud to have him in that role.
The infinity pool was absolutely beautiful, providing a great view every day of the whales passing by. One day a whale watching boat was just about 300 yards offshore and a whale was splashing it with a tail bigger than the boat itself! Amazing!! Everyone around the pool was very pleasant to be with the entire 2 weeks. Roman and Marcelino were always there to provide my double pina coladas. Deeelicious!! Great guys.
The food in the Punta Mita restaurant was excellent, I did not once feel the need to go to the other speciality restaurants at the resort. All the servers were always accommodating and ready to fill any request to fill a drink, offer coffee, dessert, or any questions.
The only reason for the 4 out of 5 stars was because of the location of my room being so close to the music. A suggestion for other people looking to stay is to ask for a room facing out from the resort.
Thank you Royal Suites for the fabulous stay! I must come back again:))

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mike B
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Mike B,
Thanks a lot for your comments and for giving us your feedback of your stay at The Royal Suites Punta Mita on February for 2 weeks. I was very pleased to read all the positive comments you had for us and our services and facilities, I’m really glad you enjoyed your days with us.
Thank you again for your remarks and we hope to see you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Had a great time, the overall feel of the resort is great. This was our second time here and I will be back again. The rooms are nice, we were on the "jungle side" which is where you want to be if you like it quiet. The rooms are clean, the bed was a bit hard but all in all a good stay. The staff are very accommodating and try very hard. Especially a thumbs up for the restaurant and bar staff, they work very hard to please. The hotel was not very full during our stay, we had no trouble getting a good spot around the pool even later in the day.

Try this you'll like it

John & Dixie.

Room Tip: Jungle side to get a good sleep, disco for the palladium is on the other side.
3  Thank John_Dixie_12

Dear John_Dixie_12,
Thanks a lot for your comments and for giving us your feedback of your second stay at our Resort. I was very pleased to read all the positive comments you had for us.
I am indeed thrilled that you and your couple enjoyed your visit and found a good selection of food and drinks. I will surely share your comments with the team of The Royal Suites Punta de Mita.
Thank you again, we hope to see you again in the future and please, feel free to contact us for your next visit or for any further matter.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is our go-2 place for Puerto Vallarta holidays - we have been 4 or 5 times in the past few years. We stayed here at Christmas 2013, and again in February 2014. The pool is small, quiet, has plenty of palapas, and with a stunning ocean view. It is whale watching season for Dec - March (or May?) and we enjoyed watching humpback whales swim buy daily. Pack binoculars!

We really like that the resort caters to a mature clientele, this is not your place if you want pool activities, a swim up bar, or rowdy crowd. When we have been there, the majority of guests are 40 years plus.

We don't wander the the larger main resort for meals - we eat exclusively at the Royal Suites restaurant, which has fabulous service and a good variety of food with a different menu for each night of the week, and also a vegetarian menu. I would like to see the salad bar updated or at leach each dish covered with a plastic lid, so that insects at night are not such a problem. On nights there were lots of bugs, the salad bar wasn't useable.

Poolside bar service also excellent. Yummy poolside lunch and snacks. We lived on quesedillas, quacomole, salsa, and shrimp skewers at the pool.

Be sure to take a walk during low tide to the right side of the beach around the coves. When tide is really low, you can walk for about 1.5 hours around coves, with stunning sandy beaches around each corner. Stunning!

This place is about 45 minutes from Puerto Vallarta, so make sure the location works with your plans.

Room Tip: There are only 4 ocean view suites. Rooms facing the jungle side are quieter, as they don't fac...
3  Thank vanjet

Dear vanjet,
Thank you for write here your comments about your 4th or 5th stay in The Royal Suites Punta de Mita. It is important for us to know where we have failed or fallen short of your expectations.
I was very pleased to read your positive comments you had for us and your suggestions, like your opinion about the salads bar on the restaurant. We appreciate the feedback you have provided regarding our food and beverage offerings.
For us it is so important to know our guests opinions in order to improve our service day to day and I will take note to improve that specific areas.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort and make your stay nothing but a pleasurable experience.
Best regards,

#3 of 11 in Punta de Mita
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita
#2 of 11 in Punta de Mita

Been to The Royal Suites Punta de Mita? Share your experiences!