My husband and I wanted an adults only vacation before our next baby is born in May. We left our 2 year old home with Grandma and Grandpa and headed out. Since I was pregnant food was my #1 priority and my husband's #1 priority was to be in a location that was away from the city hustle. The Royal Suites Punta Mita was the perfect location for us. We basically ate 3 meals a day at the restaurant that overlooks the Royal pool and the ocean. The food was amazing I loved the crepes at breakfast, the fresh fruit and the painter's palette. They make awesome strong coffee and bring you fresh milk table side. At lunch we found the Mexican speciality was always a winner, but there is a variety and the menu changes everyday so you're sure to find something that fits your taste. From the day servers we loved Hector he was always cracking jokes and smiling he really took great care of us, but all the staff are amazing they have an excellent system to provide attentive table service and the views of the ocean make every meal so enjoyable. Dinner service was amazing you could have a 3 or 4 course meal and something from the meal would always stand out in your mind. From the night servers we loved Javier we had ceasars mine was virgin, but yes they make real ceasars there with clam, worchester, salt, the whole bit and the next night he just brought them to our table. Just small touches like that helped make you feel the effects of their commitment to personalized service. The rooms were clean and spacious we really didn't spend much time there just to sleep and shower. The wireless internet is free and available all over the Royal Suites side even the pool area and out to the beach so you won't have any problem staying connected if you so choose. Our main daytime activity was to set up on a cabana bed on the first tier where you got the onshore breeze tan, read, eat lunch, and then go for a walk on the beach. I read 3 books while there and they have book shelves with a loan, donate, exchange type of thing so luckily I didn't have to buy any books while I was there. We didn't do any excursions as we really wanted to relax and unwind, but we heard about a bunch of excursions and they all sounded fun to do if you're looking for more adventure. In the mid afternoon we spotted whales on 4 out of the 7 days we were there which was pretty spectacular and special to see. One of the things we loved most was how quiet the beach is and there are lots of tidal pools where you can go exploring for sea life. We would go exploring for 1 hr or so everyday after lunch and we never got bored of things to see or places to go. We explored the Paladium side too and it's lovely we made it to the beach BBQ one night (Royal side can sign up 1 day in advance with the butler or concierege) the BBQ ribs were amazing we ate salad and appetizer at the Royal restuarant and we were glad we did. We booked one night for Viva Mexico, but scheduled dinner just didn't suite us so we never actually made it. We enjoyed the food and service on the Royal side so much that we just ate there basically 3 meals a day. If by chance you arrive really late and you're hungry the Sports Bar is the only place on resort that serves food really late (we found this out too late to benefit us so FYI). The only small downside was the entertainment I was hoping the evening shows would have a bit more Wow factor they were somewhat entertaining, but they just didn't captivate me. All in all though the resort was perfect we loved the location, it's a clean resort, with a quiet beach and lots of sea life the food when ordered a la carte at Royal restaurant is truly 4 star. It was the perfect adults only getaway for us before we have baby # 2 we were able to strengthen our connection as a couple and relax in luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita is a newly constructed VIP section within the Palladium Vallarta Resort featuring 100 rooms and first class facilities and services such as a private restaurant with a la carte service, two private bars serving premium beverages, 24-hour room service, a private swimming pool heated during the winter season, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, concierge service, and free Internet connection. Adults only during high season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita By Palladium Hotel Punta De Mita
- Royal Hotel Punta De Mita