The Royal Suites Punta de Mita
Imanta Resort(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$987
US$964
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$587
US$573
Hotel Meson de Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$64
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$190
  • Breakfast included
W Punta de Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$483
US$436
HotelsForEveryone
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$497
US$447
  • Pool
Casa De Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$887
US$864
Agoda.com
Hotel La Quinta del Sol(Punta de Mita)
Iberostar Playa Mita(Punta de Mita)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
1,256 results
All reviewsroyal sidelobsteralfredoroyal restaurantsuites poolfruit skewerspool sidemaster suitepillow menuribspalladium resortmain resortprivate restaurantpool barjacuzzi tuba la cartetravel club
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Typical Mexican resort. Nice beach in front. Filth and debris pushed to the sides. No place to walk to. The Veneros develpoment nearby is even worse. It is like they bulldozed the jungle but they are too cheap to haul it away. It's just rotting there on the beach!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank alexotis
Reviewed 31 August 2010

It had been many years since my husband and I had been on vacation. We were a little worried about some of the reviews we read, but decided that no matter what we would have a good time!

Our worries were thrown out of our minds after we arrived. From day one we were treated incredibly! We stayed on the Royal Suite side and what a treat. The bar and and restaurant staff were amazing - Giovanni, Macario, Carlos, Antonio to name a few. We enjoyed the food, and did try a couple restaurants on the other side, all of which we enjoyed.

It did not take us long to discover we liked the food, service, privacy on the Royal Side and decided simply to plant ourselves there for the remainder of our two week vacation.

We are hoping to return again this winter and have every intention of staying in the Royl Suites once again!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chearbear
JulioCA, Gerente at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2010

We would like to say thank you for your time to put your comments that are very much appreciated and at the same time, to inform you that we recognize all the staff that know how to go farther making the difference in their job.

If there is anything else that we can do for you don’t hesitate to contact me, will be our pleasure to assist you.

Best Regards,

Julio Anaya
The Royal Suites Manager

Reviewed 18 August 2010

Wonderful vacation, fabulous scenic views. We stayed for two weeks from July 30/10 to Aug. 14/10 at the Palladium Vallarta Royal Suites Punta de Mita and found it to be everything we expected and more. It is adults only and definitely designed for romance, relaxation, discovery and they cater to your special requests. We were celebrating an anniversary and upon arrival found a chilled bottle of champagne in our room, a very nice sentiment. This section of the resort maintains a high level of service from the housekeeping staff to the service staff of the a la carte, open air exclusive restaurant, for dining with fantastic views, to the butler service staff and the bar staff. The front desk staff are very accommodating and a special thanks to Julio, the Royal Suites Manager, for care and attention to make our stay very special. The butlers Anna, Hilda and Karina are truely professional and maintain a high level of care and concern to assure our stay is enjoyable.

Things to know: The exclusive pool is set up on a small hill, with an infinity edge facing the ocean which provides an undisturbed view for miles. The exclusive bar by the pool serves delicious drinks, their drink menu is posted or you may request special drinks to be made up. The bartender Manuel, makes the best drinks. You can order from the poolside food menu and the bartender will bring your food and drinks to you as you relax by the pool. The lounger chairs are well padded and you may have all the fresh towels you need. Plenty of shade under ample pallapas. Room service is 24 hours from a special menu, ample to supply breakfast in bed or that late night snack. We crossed over to the Palladium Vallarta side on occasion, to enjoy the buffet and found the food was very good throughout the resort. We were allowed to utilize all the ammenities of the entire resort, including the evening shows and the specialty restaurants. For a relaxing, zen-like atmosphere and romantic holiday you will not be disappointed. This is Mexico, respect the culture and the language, the people are very lovely, take in the scenery around the resort as it in 40 minutes from Puerto Vallarta, set in a jungle area, absolutely amazing vegetation and lovely grounds. Victor in the Palladium Vallarta side is absolutely great for booking tours, and if you want, you can even take the local bus for a dollar, to Bucerias, an interesting town near by. Try the tacos made right on the street.

We were amazed by the fresh sheets and towels on a regular basis, used the pillow menu, we had 7 pillows to use on our king size bed, and the suite was huge. Evening turn down service included fresh towels and chocolates. The bar fridge was refilled daily, what more can I say a little extra tipping realy is appreciated by all the staff but never an expectation. Definitely would return for another stay in the future.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EEggee
AnaMCastro, General Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2010

Dear Friend:
First of all I would like to say that I really appreciate all your great comments about our resort and staff. I will take note and I will send them to our staff. For us it is a gratifying that you enjoyed your vacation with us in your visit to Palladium Vallarta.
We are continuously working in order to keep our guest expectations high and the comments that we receive from our guests help us to know if we are on the right path.
I hope that you decide to spend your next vacation with us and if there is anything that we can do, please let me know or send me an email
Best Regards

Reviewed 16 August 2010

My wife and I went to the hotel for a romantic weekend getaway and the general maintenance of the premises is very good (pool areas, restaurants, zoo, etc.), so is the landscaping and there are plenty of things to do but there are several other things that I truly disliked, first of all as I checked in the lady at the reception had a "I hate my job" attitude, she wasn't even sure how to bill me (nor she wanted to know) and she didn't even give us a set of keys t our room, I had to carry the bags for myself and the butler Hilda had to step in, checked us in and took us to our room using the master key, she gave us a small tour of the area and she was fantastic in every way, very helpful and doing a great job, no one ever brought our keys so I had to go pick them up. The room walls are quite thin, I could hear my neighbors talking, listen to their music, tv and it became really upsetting when they started puking (I don't know if they were sick or drunk). The food is fine for an all-inclusive resort, they served us lobster on our first night with no extra cost and that was brilliant! (I'd recommend avoiding the wine, not very good) I had to go through a million problems to confirm the reservation at the spa and everytime I was on the phone I kept getting a different rate for the same treatment, they even called me after 10:30 at night to confirm the wrong spa treatment yet again but all in all I enjoyed the massage...I noticed many people have already said this but there is a foul sewage smell going around but the room didn't smell at all (phew!).
I'd also like to congratulate Karina and the pool bar staff at the royal suites, they were very good to us!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PvrUncleM
AnaMCastro, General Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2010

Dear Mr.
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your last vacation in The Royal Suites Punta de Mita. All reports help us to understand what our guests need or want from their vacation. I will take note about the issues with our reception staff in order to correct them to avoid any other inconvenience.
Regarding the misunderstanding with the spa service I will send that information to the Spa manager in order to improve our services to better meet our guest’s expectations.
Again, thank you for your comments we really appreciate all reports that help us to improve our services.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2010

We stayed at the Royal Suites side the week of July 26, 2010. We enjoyed our stay a lot and had little complaints. The Royal Suites has great bartenders (Giovany, Miguel, Hector) and a great butler service for each building. Hilda was very, very helpful. The restaurant by the pool had a small salad bar and seating. It was great to be able to order food by the pool. The bartenders and waiters were very nice. We made friends with them immediately and they remembered our drink orders and preferences the entire week. They even remembered certain allergies people in our group had! The pool was very slow while we were there so it was always easy to find a seat. The view of the ocean was beautiful. Relaxing music was played but it was not too loud.

The rooms were a little bit of a let down. The bed and linens were terribly uncomfortable (this was our biggest complaint). It was rock hard. The in room jacuzzis are nice as well. The rooms stayed clean other than a foul smell that came from the faucets.

The "extras" that the Palladium offers to Royal Suites guests include free dance lessons, sailing lessons, surfing lessons, and archery. We were in a group of four people and tried to schedule every single one of those activities offered and were not able to do any of them! We would try to schedule them through our butler and would never get confirmed or they would get canceled. The resort was very slow, so I know it was not because they were too busy. That, however, was all due to people at the Palladium side and not at the Royal Suites side.

The spa was great, and they had great deals on packages. My therapist's name was Mike--best massage ever!

The food at the restaurants was not bad, but it was definitely not great. That is to be expected at all inclusive resorts, though. They did have a sports bar area that had fajitas, hamburgers, philly cheese steaks, etc. That was great. All of the pool side food was good as well. We found that the food was much better in town (but we did have to pay for it!)

All in all, we are a pretty easy going group, and had a blast. The staff and workers on the Royal Suites side were amazing. It was obvious, however, when you went to the Palladium side. One bartender told us it was two different environments. One side, you are friends, and the other side, you become customers. That was very true! I would never recommend staying at the Palladium side, but the Royal Suites were great!
We also enjoyed the town of Punta de Mita. There was lots to go and great scuba diving (Punta Mita Expeditions). Good restaurants in the town were Margarita's, Cafe des Artistes, and Villagio. If you tell your concierge to make reservations for you, they will call the restaurant for you and give you coupons for dinner.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moh815
JulioCA, Gerente at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2010

Dear Mrs. & Mr.

We are very glad to know about your trip report and to thank you for your positives comments about the staff that work hard to make your stay enjoyable, at the same time we want to reconfirm our compromise to continue doing our best .

Cordially,