“it felt like paradise”
Review of Casa De Mita

Casa De Mita
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Our family of 5 adults (parents and three adult children in their early 20s) just returned from 6 nights at Casa de Mita. The stay was every bit as good as all the positive reviews suggested it would be. The view of the ocean upon our arrival from the hotel's central patio left us giddy. The accomodations were superb. The food was tremendous -- alright, maybe there were two mediocre meals. And, the staff was pleasant, helpful, efficient and seemed eager to want us to enjoy our stay. I was struck how everyone working there took responsibility to meet our needs, requests and wants.

We anticipated wandering away from the hotel for some meals and advtenure, but found we were happy to spend most of our time at the hotel. The beach was beautiful, uncrowded, long and sandy, and the surf although rough at times was good for playing in. We visited Sayulita and took a boat ride (snorkeling, fishing, and porpoise watching off Punta de Mita in the Bay of Banderas, which was fun and arranged by the hotel staff.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Infrequentraveller

Reviewed 20 January 2010

My husband and I had one of the most wonderful stays ever at Casa De Mita, this place is heaven on earth. Above all, the service is sublime, amazing - unobtrusive, knowledgeable, professional gracious service, the staff cannot do enough for you in the most friendly way possible.
The house itself is chic and stylish, we adored the decor and furniture, so truly Mexican, exactly the kind of 'feel' we wanted from a Mexican 'hotel'.
The food is divine too, mouthwatering, fresh and plentiful.
The views of the beach are awe-inspiring, and it is a beautiful strand to walk alsong, and the sea is perfect for swimming and body boarding. Sometimes we fancied sitting on the beach instead of around the pool, and the staff, without us having to even ask them, look us down chairs and towels, and came down at intervals to see if we wanted anything to drink.... fantastic service.
It is excellent value for money too, its not the cheapest but you really do get what you pay for, and more.
This place makes you feel like the luckiest, most relaxed you have ever been, I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RachMol
Reviewed 13 October 2009

Although Casa de Mita came recommended by a local, we had a quick check on trip advisor and this place intrigued me because there were NO bad reviews! How could that be? Well, it's all true. The location, the wonderful service (thank-you Memo, Lalo & Sammy!) the limited number of rooms (only eight), the great food and common areas were all designed to make you feel comfortable and relaxed. We had the added pleasure of meeting the other guests, who were a terrific bunch from all over the continent. The "welcome home" we received on arrival was a little misleading, since in my real home, no-one is there to bring me drinks (of any kind I desired at any time of day or night), offer me a wonderful selection of meal choices, change my linens, tidy my room and clean the shower on a daily basis! Frankly, after five georgeous nights, we really didn't want to leave. The only reason we did, is so that we can plan our return...

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HappyHolidayerX2
Reviewed 9 September 2009

My husband and I recently stayed a few nights at Casa de Mita. We loved everything about it! The location is beautiful -- on a fairly secluded stretch of beach; the public areas of the resort are lovely; and the rooms are decorated with Mexican art and furniture. The service was impeccable -- everyone at the hotel was so friendly and willing to help us with anything we needed. The food and drinks were delicious; most meals were taken with a gorgeous view of the ocean. We especially enjoyed eating dinner while watching the sunest. Since the hotel only has eight rooms, it is a very intimate place with personalized service. Everything is well orchestrated without being stuffy. We can't wait to go back for another romantic vacation! It is certainly not an inexpensive place to stay, but if you want to treat yourself to some rest and relaxation in luxurious style, don't miss Casa de Mita!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AKCHouston
Reviewed 9 July 2009

We visited in May 2007 and just returned again this month. Casa De Mita remains excellent. It's changed very little, which is a good thing. In fact, many of the staff members were the same. This is just the place for relaxing with a loved one, in a beautiful environment with terrific service. This place is casual luxury - sometimes difficult to find but done perfectly at Casa De Mita.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Italy5
Reviewed 5 May 2009

This boutique hotel does it All~and so well. It's a shame we couldn't give it a higher rating. In every way, from the moment you ring the bell at the front gate of Casa De Mita upon arrival, you start making vacation memories you'll want to duplicate again and again. It's slow, easy, yet elegant and oh, the food...! We consider ourselves fairly sophisticated world travelers with developed tastes for fine dining. Casa De Mita wowed us every meal; eclectic specialties like amazing eggplant appetizer to red snapper, perfectly done fillets or grilled scallops on a bed of chorizo. And the little extras like homemade breads and a wonderful selection of fine wines.

Very quickly we became spoiled vacationing for a week at this resort where our room was cleaned not once but twice a day. With only 8 guest rooms the atmosphere among guests and staff soon becomes "mi amigos & amigas". And very soon we will be returning to our friends at Casa De Mita, hopefully bringing our extended family with us to enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank stannie6
Reviewed 1 May 2009

I've stayed at Casa De Mita twice within the past year, and eagerly await my next trip (and the one after that....).

Casa De Mita is simply perfect - a small elegant hotel, personalized service, and a perfect, natural beach.

The property is perfectly set on a beautiful, pristine and peaceful beach. The rooms have lovely terraces, breezes and views, enchanting and unique antique and handcrafted furnishings and tile-work, beautiful large showers and vanity areas, and the most amazing beds - be careful not to sleep your day away!

The meals are delicious, the wine choices very good, and the drinks well made and continuously offered. The outdoor dining is offered for very generous timeframes three meals a day, with amazing choices and fresh, beautifully plated food.

I'm able to make it through a week without my dog by keeping company with the loving trio of Casa's dogs and I enjoy walking on the beach, finding sea glass, lying peacefully on the incredibly comfortable chairs and sunbeds poolside, and all the other amenities. I find the people who visit Casa De Mita include other return visitors and everyone is friendly and polite.

The setting is elegant and chic, yet truly relaxed. And the service takes it over the top.

On my last visit, I decided I wanted to go fishing - alone. The staff easily arranged a fishing excursion for me, knocked on my door in the morning as a wake-up call knowing I'm a lazy bones and drove me to the boat they had booked for me. As I hoped out of the car, Sammi handed me a small bag - inside was a breakfast sandwich someone had cooked for me long before the kitchen opened. When I returned, the hotel had already rang to check that I was back, sent the car to pick me up, put my fish in a plastic bag, and served it up to me for dinner prepared beautifully by the remarkable chef.

The free wifi works throughout the property and there is a phone and computer for complimentary use by all guests. The massages are amazing and offered in a lovely breezy space.

Great place for singles or couples - and the lack of children is a key plus at this small intimate hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita
#2 of 11 in Punta de Mita

Been to Casa De Mita? Share your experiences!