My partner and I have been fortunate enough to visit a number of great hotels and resorts around the world, including properties such as the Four Seasons and Banyan Tree.
The St. Regis Punta Mita is, hands down, one of the best resort properties we have stayed at. The resort is immaculate and very well designed. The staff is excellent - we are greeted by name by staff members that I didn't recall meeting. The butler service is a very nice touch.
Like many reviewers I struggled with whether to stay here or the Four Seasons. We visited the Four Seasons one day and I must agree with the other reviewers that it felt more cramped and older than the St. Regis. We were very happy with our decision to stay at the St. Regis.
A couple of quick tips:
- The resort is quite small. I wouldn't worry too much about the room category you book unless you need the space.
- The car service from the airport was great. However, look specifically for the person holding the St. Regis sign and avoid talking to anyone else. There seemed to be some people trying to take advantage of the confusion in the airport.
- All three restaurants at the St. Regis are excellent - but all unique. Sufi is in the same complex as the St. Regis and the Four Seasons and was also excellent.
- I highly recommend the town tour - you see a lot of the town. Parts of the town appear a little rough, but we enjoyed learning more about where we were staying.
- The whale watch boat trip was incredible. Shouldn't be missed if you are there in the right season. However, the boat is very small (purposefully so, because its easier to get closer to the whales.)
- During the slower times, the upper level of the pools (two of the pools are two levels - amazing) were more relaxed and laid back... however service up there was also just a bit slower.
- You will hear that the beach is rocky - that is somewhat true. Walking into the water is definitely rocky. However, the rest of the beach is beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst one of the world's most alluring beaches at the Riviera Nayarit, in a a 1500-acre resort and residential community, The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort is an exquisite luxury resort in Punta de Mita, Mexico. Our property features 120 accommodations, thoughtful amenities, and spectacular grounds. We offer an experience that transcends ordinary travel, immersing guests in unsurpassed luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Punta Mita Hotel Punta De Mita
- St Regis Punta De Mita
- St Regis Punta Mita Hotel