“Amazing hotel, Terrific Service, Beautiful Grounds” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Los Angeles, CA
“Amazing hotel, Terrific Service, Beautiful Grounds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Perfection in Mexico! From the stress-free outdoor check-in to the friendly, attentive service we enjoyed every minute of our stay. And if you are lucky enough to have Luis for your butler, you are in for a treat. He is knowledgeable, detail-orientated, super friendly and humorous. He made sure every need was met, quickly and unobtrusively. The staff was always helpful with any need for our kids - even brought a crib out the pool! Will be coming back!!

1 Thank laskibum
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Greetings from The St. Regis Punta Mita!

Many thanks for your kind review. We pride ourselves on our Butler Service and we are so pleased to hear they made your stay memorable. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Luis and the rest of the staff, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Yours sincerely,

Carl Emberson, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Gorgeous hotel. Very pretty resort. If u don't speak Spanish a little difficult to get service sometimes. The dinner staff particularly good, the breakfast staff so-so. Tankes a LONG time to get any meal after ordering. Some people at the resort a litle stuffy & full of themselves. The concierge, David, extremely helpful gentleman. Any reservations he is happy to help. Our butler showed up the 1st day we arrived & never saw him again. Went into town & ate at Margerita's delicious. The spa is amazing. Snorkeling & SUP incredible. Beach very rocky. 4 Seasons beach much nicer. Had dinner at 4 Seasons. Better wait staff. Much more family friendly. But older hotel.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room on the beach
Greetings from The St. Regis Punta Mita,

Thank you for your stay and your review. We always appreciate honest feedback from our guests, and I have taken note of your comments in regards to our service and will address them with our staff. We work hard to ensure the utmost level of service and comfort, and I do apologize that we fell short during your stay. We sincerely hope you give us the opportunity to provide you with memorable experiences upon which we have built our reputation.

Should you have any other comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me personally via email at carl.emberson@stregis.com.

Sincerely yours,

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

This was our second stay at the St. Regis Punta Mita. If anything, the property has improved over time -- in particular, the landscaping is more lush and beautiful. The rooms are perhaps the best designed in which I have ever stayed -- elegant, spacious and comfortable, while taking full advantage of the views and the warm climate. Balconies are very large and private. The entrances make you feel like you have your own villa. We never once saw another guest while going into our own room. The pool areas could accommodate many more guests than the number of rooms at the resort. As a result, there is so much space that you never have to overhear another conversation or feel that you don't have plenty of space of your own. The poolside service is friendly but not intrusive. The room rates are a very good value for the level of luxury and the overall quality of the property. The food is generally of high quality and not badly priced for a luxury resort. While the service in the restaurants is not always the most polished, it is always warm and friendly. I highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AvidTraveler941
Greetings from The St. Regis Punta Mita,

Thank your review and your return visit. Your kind remarks are much appreciated and we are so pleased that you enjoyed the beautiful architecture and design of our resort. The St. Regis Punta Mita was designed by internationally renowned architect Roy Azar, who was awarded the Best Interior Design Project in Mexico by Architectural Digest in 2009. We agree, his work is fabulous.

I have taken note of your comment in regards to the quality of service in our restaurants, and I will be sure to pass your kind review along to our team. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

Stayed 4 nights at the St. Regis and 4 nights at the Four Seasons during my stay in Punta de Mita. If I come back to the area I would stay here again for the entire stay. The rooms are nicer, the property is wonderful, the people are great, and the restaurants were better.

I did feel that some of the activities on property were a bit expensive, but this didn't detract from my overall opinion of the property and my stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeffrey S
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear Jefferey S,

Greetings from The St Regis Punta Mita Resort and thank you for your visit and review. Punta Mita is indeed a privileged address hosting to wonderful hotels such as ours and The Four Seasons - it is only natural that guests will compare and I am grateful you preferred our hotel as I am sure that other guests may prefer our neighbour. At the end of the day we both promote and form part of PUNTA MITA which is a wonderful destination for a captivating holiday be it R&R, Golf, Tennis, Scuba, Surfing etc - it is complete !!

Rest assured I will share your comments with the team

Yours Siincerely Carl Emberson
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

During my stay in June 2012 at this "supposedly" 5 star resort I was fairly disappointed. I have stayed at more than 10 five-star hotels in all over the world in my life, and i have never seen one with such bad service/quality. If the prices would not range from 500-1000 USD a night, I would totally recommend this resort to any backpacking teenager, but for a 5 star price, you expect a 5 star quality.

Service: In general the service was very unreliable. Orders were simply not processed or not completed successfully. Also the hotel seem to be quite understaffed, despite there were many guest during low season. It was not possible to get the towel guy prepare the seats at the pool or get the concierge to take an order for dinner. The atitude was mostly nice, but could be better. I assume this hotel is poorly managed. Also higher priced suites come with a butler service, you can page him using your in-room phone. While this seem quite a good feature, even after 5 times of paging, I did not get him to show up once at the door.

Value: Not worth it. Use the money to go to the Four Seasons (True 5 Star Resort).

Sleep quality: Bad, the A/C was noisy and the thermostat was unable to reduce the fan speed. Also The bedroom unit refused to work at all. Windows are not sealed at all, so if you neighbours (in a 30-100 feet distance) are having a party/music, dont count on getting any sleep.

Cleanless: More or less. The hotel really needs maintenance, a lot of places in the resort look simply outdated and need urgent paint/maintenance. The room was fairly clean in all bathroom areas, but the patio was dirty and did not look nice. Dishes were also not clean and showed a lot of dirt/waterspots. Simply inacceptable for 5 stars and quite a suprise, because usually all large restaurants have commercial dishwashers in their kitchen, which leave NOTHING behind).

Location: The location is pretty good itself and the size of the golf course is remarkable. If you want to use the beach, this is not the place to go. Due to a rocky beach it is impossible to enter the water at any time.

Breakfast: As the other food in the Resort: No more than mediocre. Rather go to the Four Seasons Reastaurant which is exceptional or eat at a place outside the resort. It will not even be less than a 90% cheaper, it will also taste much better. The food prices are way more expensive than the Four Seasons, and you actually get a much worse quality. Despite the main restaurant serves mexican cousine, the chefs had quite trouble serving popular national dishes.

Overall rating: 2/5. The resort did clearly not reach 5 star standards and as mentioned before,I recommend everybody to stay at the Four Seasons, which is only 2 minutes away from this resort. There are other reviews from guests that made direct comparison to the FS and see it the same. It looks like the hotel run out of funds a couple of years ago, and urgent repairs are simply not done, or in a very cheap way. These things you just dont want to notice, if you expect the best. The beach is also a big minus, since despite the spectecular views you can not go into the water.

If you are curious what other people say: Read the other 1-3/5 rating reports. You'll get the idea!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank James F
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Sir,

Greetings from The St Regis Punta Mita Resort and thank you for your review. We do rpide ourselves on the consistent high level of service our team delivers day in and day out and I do regret that we fell short of that during your stay with us in June this year. I personally try and meet as many guests as possible and do apologise we did not get a chance to meet as I would have welcomed in person your feedback as I am sure other members of my team would have as well.
I have taken note of all the points you mention and will discuss them with the team while I would like to clarfiy a few of them. We offer Butler Service for all rooms in the hotel ; Ithe Four Seasons our neighbour is also a wonderful hotel ; I sincerely hope you reported any noise issues you may have had during your stay so we could address them ; we pride ourselves of keeping our property in optimum condition and have by no means run out of funds as stated in review, as you may recall our beach area has a swim in area of at least 100m with the possibility to snorkel, surf, stand up paddle or hop on a boat for an outing as many guest do.
I read your recommendation to read all the negative reviews while at the same time I urge TA readers to read the positive reviews. I sincerely thank you for all our points and hope to have clarified a few in this reply - rest assured I take them all to heart and as the General Manager have shared them with the team in the spirit of making corrective actions where and when neccesary.
Should you wish to discuss your visit further please email me at carl.emberson@stregis.com or my directo no is : 00 52329 291 5810 - I would be honored should you give me this opportunity

Carl Emberson General Manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

The title of my review says a lot... I travel extensively for work, and have spent time in AMAZING hotels, resorts, and villas around the world. My experience at The St. Regis Punta Mita was flawless.

We had such a wonderful time at the St. Regis resort on many levels. We had heard good things about the resort at Punta Mita, mainly that it was considerably newer than the alternatives in the area, with a more modern feel and a fresh, progressive approach to high level hospitality.

We booked a 7 night trip and from the moment my boyfriend and I arrived in Puerto Vallarta airport, our driver from the hotel, Alejandro, was there waiting for us in the nicest SUV. We practiced our Spanish with him the entire way, and got the lay of the land through incredible recommendations for places to visit, restaurants etc. Alejandro was also playing the greatest music and I commented on how much I liked it. A couple days later, he had a disc of music with him -- the "soundtrack from the car". This was just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the "above and beyond" attitude of this resort, and the entire staff.

The check in process was smooth, and there were margaritas waiting for us.
The room, particularly the bathroom was AMAZING! We loved the outdoor shower, and the general modern open layout of the bathroom. The room itself was perfectly laid out, with a nice big closet to hang our clothes and a super comfortable bed. The balcony was a great place to enjoy the complimentary coffee every morning while we planned our day. Our butler Jorge was wonderful... he was a help in arranging laundry/dry cleaning, sporting activities, spa reservations, transportation and dinner reservations.

The vibe of the resort was spot on for what my boyfriend and I were looking for – we could remain in private seclusion to enjoy each other’s company, the beach, spa -- or we could venture out to enjoy the resort and occasionally interact with like-minded folks.
We appreciated the close proximity to local towns for culture. Of course, we also loved the sporting elements including tennis lessons with Chris, and surfing right out in front of the resort.

Probably the most memorable experience was the staff. Veronica at the concierge along with our waiter Jose, at the INCREDIBLE Carolina restaurant on site, helped to mastermind a perfect evening for my now fiancé, for which we are absolutely grateful. From start to finish they created an environment and experience that was truly unforgettable, as was the food!! If that wasn't enough, the next day, our waiter Jose delivered a disc with photos that he and the other staff had taken of the proposal (I was blindfolded), which we were able to share with family and friends, making them feel like they were RIGHT there with us!

In conclusion, our experience was above and beyond our expectations. The spa was incredible (ask for Soledad if you want the most incredible massage ever), the room was perfect, the pools were beautiful, and the weather and water were PERFECT! We will absolutely be coming back again, and are very much looking forward to seeing the faces of the staff that we came to know on such a wonderful level.

We cannot recommend this resort enough!

Room Tip: We had a top floor, deluxe ocean view room and I would highly recommend it!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Larissa B
London, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Such a beautiful resort, with amazing staff that were always there to help. The food was amazing and so were the beverages. They had daily drinks/food lessons near one of the pools for anyone that wanted. All pools have easy access to the beach and the rooms are private with beautiful views.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear Kaitlyn

Greetings from The St Regis Punta Mita Resort - thank you so much for your visit and we are indeed glad you had such a wonderful stay with us. Indeed the differente tastings and cooking classes are some of the Rituals that make this place so magic !! I do hope you are able to put some into practise and relive memories and a taste of The St Regis Punta Mita.

Yours Sincerely

Velas Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
#5 of 127 in Puerto Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,551 reviews

Been to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort? Share your experiences!