“Simply Stunning!”

The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This was a ladies getaway but I highly recommend this for getaways, family, or couples.
I was around all and everyone I met felt the same.
The hotel.. The grounds are exceptional and and very well laid out from the pools to the restaurants to the spa. You never feel crowded but you are close to all.
I used the adult pool and the beach but all of the pools are so amazing and very well thought out as far as location. This is one of best thought out properties that I have been to for meeting
everyones needs.
And everything on this property is immaculate!! Congratulations to St Regis for having such a pristine property, I noticed and appreciated it thru out my stay.
The rooms are nicely decorated, but the highlight is the outdoor shower. I was upgraded to a beach room. The view was stunning, and and the bed was very comfortable.
I did not have a chance to eat at all of the restaurants but make sure that you do not miss the boat on the beach, Mita Marys. It is reasonable and some of the best seafood tacos that I have ever had. The guys that run that boat are great and so friendly, you just want to go back again for more. But saying that all of the servce was great and the food wonderful and fresh everywhere.
I really appreciated the attentiveness of the staff, everyone was friendly and ready to help.
Carl the GM is so nice. professional and so engaged with all of the guests and came up immediately when we met him on the beach to say hello and make sure that we had everything we needed.
I would like to thank Xochitl for always checking to make sure that my stay was perfect.
One thing not to miss. Check their daily paper out for the 2 pm sessions at the Sea Breeze bar.
You can learn about Tequila's, or maybe learn how to make ceviche, it is different everyday.
I am a spa person and I was not disappointed. It is spacious and loved the relaxation area, beautiful. It really reminded me in many ways of the One and Only Palmilla and that is one of my favorites. I had a hair treatment, all I will say is treat yourself to it, your hair will feel amazing for the next days to come, I can't wait to go back for other treatments.
One recommendation is they should put cold face towels by the steam room, I was looking for that but they did not put any out during my stay, Otherwise this spa is perfection.
I would also recommend that you get some water shoes because the beach is rocky closer to the water, and perhaps easier on your feet
Punta Mita is a short cab ride away 1 mile or so and has some very good restaurants as well, as well as some local shops that feature some of the local artists, some beautiful things to see and buy. One note, some do not open until 11 or 12 pm or later so do not expect to go shopping right at 10 am.
I can not wait to go back to the St Regis in Punta Mita, it is really heaven on earth and if you are looking for perfect weather, truly 5 star service and a magical experience, you have found your next destination, for business or pleasure. I want to thank everyone, to many to mention for making my stay at the St Regis another amazing Starwood hotel experience
If you travel in whale season which I did, DO not miss a whale watching trip with Punta Mita Expeditions, they did a great job and I have some amazing pictures and memories.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rmoonriver
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear rmoonriver,

It was great to see you during your recent visit. I’m glad that you joined us during whale season, December through March. The humpback whales that return to the Punta Mita waters every year are an amazing sight to see. Thank you for your recommendations of cold face towels in the steamroom, I will look into this possibility. I’m glad that you experienced the Mita Mary boat, our newest dinning experience. We hope that you will come visit us again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 January 2014

we just completed a 5 night stay. The good news is the staff and service is better than expected and the hotel is proffesionally managed. Every member of the staff is pleasant and attentive and what you would expect at a quality resort. the property is spread out enough that you never have the feeling of being crowded and the golf course is a convient walk away and hardly has any play so getting a tee time and playing quickly is not a problem. Both courses offer a great layout, challenging and in great condition. The only negative is that most of the common areas (restaurants, bars, spa, etc.) and in particular the rooms are very outdated and in need of renovation to be considered a 5 Star hotel. This was surprising considering the hotel is only 4-5 years old. If your expectations are Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons type of facilities then you will be disapointed which is why I assume the room rates are much less than the adjacent Four Seasons. However, the staff and service are equal to either and on par with other 5 star resorts we have stayed in the past.

Room Tip: some of the rooms which are advertised as Ocean View offer limited view of the Ocean due to height o...

Dear Sbazoian,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that the service and staff exceeded your expectations. Thank you for also sharing your comments regarding updates needed to the common areas of the resort. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you in more detail on the areas that you observed. You may contact me directly at carl.emberson@stregis.com. Again, I appreciate your feedback.

My personal best regards,

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Wow. Wow. Wow.....
What an amazing resort. Unbelievable staff, food, service and kids club. Tony & erika at the kids club were great. Butler service was excellent. Great place for a family vacation especially with children. We will definitely be coming back!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear j s,

Greetings from The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort. Glad to hear that you found our resort amazing and that your children enjoyed the Children´s Center. Our staff, from the butlers to the team at the Children’s Club, takes great pride in making sure that everyone has a wonderful stay, even the youngest ones. We hope that you and your family returns in the near future.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Wow…what an incredible experience.
From the entrance to the resort to the check out experience, the experience far exceeded our expectations. If you have the opportunity to visit this exceptional resort, you will not be disappointed and may just have the best hotel/resort experience of your life.

Pros:
*SPG recognition - while our suite night award was not met, the hotel upgraded us to a beach front junior suite prior to our arrival, with quite possibly the best view on the resort…thank you!

*Staff - Carl, the GM was very present during our stay, engaging with many guests, inclusive of leading the Friday night champagne ritual and genuinely caring about the guests on the property. Tony, the activities director made us feel like family. He has a great presence on the resort and genuinely cared that everyone is having a good time…exceptional! The remaining staff…too many to list…all authentic, caring and truly care about the service they provide and ensuring a great experience for their guests…quite possibly the best staff of any resort we've traveled.

*Accommodations and grounds - the resort itself is picturesque and extremely well maintained. The beach is rocky in places, but is natural to this area of the coast. The resort offers three pools… our favorite, the adult pool, at the bottom of the reflection/fountain pool leading from the top of the resort, down to the beach…check out the top portion of this pool…it's like having your own pool. You can't go wrong either with the beach club pool, which is closer to the beach and offers incredible views and close to the bar and Mita Mary's (the best lunch spot ever imagined). The family pool is great for families…great layout.
The rooms are well appointed and appropriately set up to reflect the areas culture, yet cater to the distinguished guest…love the outdoor showers that seem to be in most rooms and the large balcony's are a great place to take in the incredible sunsets

*Food - Check out Seabreeze for the catch of the day and the best lemongrass rice i've ever tasted. Everything we ate there was good and fresh. The other restaurant on property, Carolina's was such a great experience…great service and exceptional food in a serene setting…highly recommend! Our favorite of all was Mita Mary's, a little make shift boat right near the water, serving the most fresh fish options one could ever ask…awesome!!
Definitely check out the fresh catch of the day if you are there on Friday's. They come up with fresh fish at 11:30 and you can have them cook it however you want, for lunch or dinner…very cool experience!

We couldn't say enough great things about this resort if we tried and have been telling all our friends about the area and resort…of course not too many, as we also want to be able to come back whenever we want! If you get the chance, we highly recommend the Marine Safari…we got some incredible pictures of whales during our trip and was a life changing experience for an animal lover. Also check out the local restaurants in town…Si Señor was awesome and the owner was present and very engaging!!

Visit this resort…it will be a memory you never forget.
Thanks to Carl, Tony and the entire staff for making us feel so welcome, that we decide to extend our trip while there and we will be back again soon!

1  Thank Andrew M

Dear Andrew M,

It was great to see you during your visit. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed our little piece of paradise and it exceeded your expectations. Very good- you got to see the humpback whales during your trip. They are in the Punta Mita area from December until March and are indeed an amazing sight. Thank you for your visit and for continuing to recommend the resort to your friends. We look forward to welcoming you back again mate.

Cheers,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Okay so this is my first ever review but feel compelled to so because of how much we enjoyed ourselves.
Booked this resort on a recommendation of friends of ours for a long overdue vacation for my husband and myself. After reading many reviews we decided to go for it and hoped that it would live up to all the billing. Not only did it live up to the billing it exceeded it in almost every way.
Had to leave a day early (best thing that could ever happen) and lose a nonstop first class flight from the northeast due to an impeding snowstorm and flew on a connecting flight from an airport close to two hours away in the middle of the night. Total time=14 hours to get there. From the moment we arrived all that was forgotten and we instantly relaxed thanks to everyone we encountered once we got there as well as the sheer beauty of the resort (not to mention the weather)!. We were greeted upon arrival by Michael OHara (one of the nicest director of relations I have ever met)! Shortly thereafter we met the general manager Carl Emberson another super friendly guy, who has this resort running better than any we have been to (and we have have been to many 5 star hotels/resorts in the past). Their presence everywhere is very refreshing! Every staff member we encountered seemed to truly love their job and did anything and everything to ensure a memorable vacation. They cant do enough for you. Shout out to Tony (activities) who was so warm, so knowledgable about everything and went out of his way to ensure great fun, Jose one of the kindest pool butlers ever ....(oh how I miss those those tamarind popsicles!) and all the guys at the "Mita Mary" boat on the beach (best fish tacos ever)! The resort was at full capacity when we were there and you would never know it.
Very very rarely do we go back to the same place twice but this is one resort I we may go back to again and again and again!
The rooms are fabulous with each one having an indoor/outdoor shower. Coffee brought to you by request from your butler is a nice treat each morning. We stayed in a room by the adult pool which was very quiet...it was what we were looking for. We enjoyed walking the resort each morning and afternoon. If you want to be near more of the action stay by Seabreeze pool as that is where the restaurant, bar, and the only part of the beach you can really go into. Speaking of the beach...this is critical: BRING WATER SHOES! The beach is rocky, very rocky and sharp.... and having our shoes allowed us to enjoy the ocean more than most others.
Random other thoughts....Thursday night was family style barbeque. A wonderful way to meet others as is the Friday night Champagne reception. Had nice meals at Carolina's (finer dining) and Sea Breeze Restaurants. Highly recommend Sufi's and Si Senor for dinner off the property (Sufi is technically on the grounds but still a $10 cab ride to and from as is getting into the town of Punta Mita where Si Senor is). Great meals at both places. Also ate at Rosa Mexicano (just okay) and Casa Teresa (the novelty is that its Italian in Mexico...run by a mother/daughter team and famous for their lasagna). Serendipity, Bahia at the Four Seasons and Cafe des Artistes are 3 others to go to. We will get to those on our next trip there. We rented a car one day and drove 20 minutes to Sayulita... whats described as a bohemian, hippie surf town with shops and a market. It was okay...we'd probably have just as well enjoyed the extra day here at the St Regis getting pampered. Spa was fabulous too!
All in all just a wonderful week..... dont think twice just go!

2  Thank Heysandygirl3

Dear Heysandygirl3,

It was great to meet you and your husband during your recent visit. Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. I’m glad that your experience with us inspired you to become a contributor to Trip Advisor. Mike, Tony and Jose will be especially happy to read your kind words. We do look forward to welcoming you back again.

Saludos,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

at -25 degrees, my wife said get me out of here, so looking on line we found a special at the Punta Mita St Regis and a great choice. The hotel couldn't have been more beautiful and the staff more friendly. The casita was spacious and had a wonderful out door shower. Sunny and 80+ every day. Caroline's was good, but the wine list short. My duck was very good, but the lobster a bit tough. The burger at Sea Breeze is huge and can be split easily The town is a nice walk and there are several good restaurant's there. We did the Marine Safari with Mita Expeditions and our guide Josca (sp) and driver Estansio (sp) also couldn't have been more accomodative. Up close to jumping whales, snorkeling a reef in the national park and exploring caves at and inland beach swimming under the arch to arrive made for a fun and exciting day. The beach is rocky and getting into the water or walking on the beach at some points can be rough and would recommend reef shoes or sandals that strap on. The gold course interesting. The 3rd hole is an island which is occasionally closed due to surf covering the stone causway to the island so an alternate hole is used. Overall, couldn't have been better.

Room Tip: There are several on the beach, but pricey. We had the garden Casita which was fine and overlooked...

Dear remery1513,

I am glad that we were able to rescue you and your wife from the cold Minnesota weather. Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Punta Mita as your getaway. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and are considering returning next year. Return visits from our guests are the best compliments that we can receive. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We were part of a destination wedding here 1/16-1/20. We were skeptical of staying at a place we didnt pick, knew nothing about and was a little more expensive then we are used to. WOW, from the minute we arrived we were amazed by the beauty of the resort and pampering of the staff. The staff handled several events for the wedding party and all were great. Javier the pool waiter was great to all of us all week, very funny. One of the best experiences we have ever had.

Room Tip: The oceanview villas have a top floor and bottom floor. IMO you want the top, gives you a better vie...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank brian l

Dear Amex Traveler,

Greetings from The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort. Thank you for your recent visit and your review. I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I hope that you will join us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa

Been to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort? Share your experiences!