“One of the best vacations we've ever had...”

The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Lafayette, Colorado
“One of the best vacations we've ever had...”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

From the first moment we stepped out of the taxi to the last moment being dropped off at the airport, we had the most wonderful experience. Every detail was thought through and we appreciated them all. The cold towels and margaritas upon arrival set the tone for what we could expect. Our favorite moments were dining at the Mita Mary boat everyday for lunch, Antonio and Riccardo taking care of us at the beach and pools, the fabulous dinner at Carolina with Cesar as our waiter and meeting Chef Lopez, our room decorated with swans and rose petals and a candlelit bubble bath on our first night, paddleboarding with Josue in the ocean, and winning the Instagram contest (for which we enjoyed 2 complimentary margaritas)! Wonderful experience and we will be back soon!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Betsy D,

Congratulations on winning our Intagram contest while you were at the resort! I hope that you enjoyed your complimentary margaritas. Our Instagram contests are just one of the many ways that we like to engage our guests during their stay. I am thrilled to hear that you had one of your best vacations at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Carl Emberson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This property is like no other...the other reviews give you all of the incredible reasons why so I will share a different perspective.

For years, we have been making the pilgrimage to Hawaii when we want an over the top vacation experience (service, local culture, beauty, activities, etc.) and I can assure you that we won't be returning there anytime soon. The St. Regis Punta Mita exceeded our expectations in every way, factor in it's only a 2 hour flight from Phoenix at 1/2 the price as Hawaii and the suite with the 4th night promo through Amex FHR made it 60% less than what I could have booked in Maui. Finally, the food & beverage costs are significantly less both on property and in town and the service from the entire staff can't be beat, even up against some of the other heavy hitters like the Ritz, MO or the 4S. There are too many incredible folks on Carl's team to name them all so just trust that you can't go wrong!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Patcom

Greetings from Punta Mita !! Thank you so much for your visit and I am indeed thrilled to read how much you enjoyed our Resort. I was bought up in the Fiji Islands and have been to and love Hawaii however I must agree having been here for 4 years at our beautiful resort the Mexicans warmth and hospitality make our resort so unique and special. I am grateful to the team for consistently delivering exceptional service and to you for your visit and review - GRACIAS !!!

Carl
GM
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

This place will spoil you. I was there last September and still wax poetic about it. Service is impeccable. Beaches are gorgeous. Food is delicious. My boyfriend and I enjoyed the perfect mix of rest, fun, dining and cocktails. They just really know what they're doing when it comes to service--from the morning coffee tray (delivered when and how you prefer) to making a note of my gluten free diet so that when they brought my boyfriend a surprise bday cake (requested by me via email to our assigned private butler, so slick), the chocolate cake they delivered was gluten free so we could both enjoy/share. By the way, Sept is not a great time to go due to weather and we had a couple days of intense rain but it was still AMAZING. Go enjoy this paradise if you can!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LouiseG227
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear LouiseG227,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience in September. We are always striving to deliver a personalized experience to all of our guests and I’m glad that you experienced this with the gluten free birthday cake. We hope to have to opportunity to spoil you again in the future. May I suggest a vacation celebration for your birthday?

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have recently spent 5 days with friends, and it was excellent. Rooms, food, drinks, golf, swimming pools, beach were simply amazing, but the difference was the service. The GM, Carl Emberson and his team surpass all your expectations in terms of service quality. They understand that guests like to feel unique and be pampered, and they are so well prepared that they guess your wishes even before you can ask.
We had the chance to take a boat ride, and have the company of hundreds of dolphins dancing around our boat. On top, we saw 2 whales.

I have been to several resorts worldwide, but none has the service an attention of St. Regis Punta Mita. Thanks to all the staff for making me feel so special, literally in heaven

My only wish is to return ASAP, with my wife.

Salud
Fabrice Meyer

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Fabra
Greetings from Punta Mita ! THank for you and your friends visit and I am thrilled you loved our resort and services - thank you for your comments on service which I will share with my team.
I hope to have the oppportuinity to welcome you back and on that occasion with your wife.
Salud to you all

Carl E
London
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Over the past year, I have stayed at 6 St. Regis hotels around the world. None surpasse this hotel. It has soul and service. The staff are some of the best I have experienced - personable, friendly, attentive - everything you could ask for from a hotel. And as all other reviewers have said, it is stunning.

To the management, thank you. I stayed here almost 6 months ago and have been meaning to write this. I am currently at the St. Regis Bahia Beach (Puerto Rico) and have realized just what a gem the Punta Mita hotel is.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank granttheron
Dear granttheron,

Thank you for your loyalty to the St. Regis brand and for taking the time to share your experience. We are honored to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We hope that you and your family with return to visit us at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort.

Warm regards,
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We had an amazing weekend! From the pristine gardens to the comfy bed and luxurious bedroom it was delightful. Dinner at award-winning Carolina restaurant was superb! The butler service makes you feel like a VIP at all times. Spent the day at the pool and beach along with a massage the following day in their world-class spa. A must in Mexico!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear CoiDR,

Many thanks for your recent visit and your review. The pool, the beach, dinner at Carolina restaurant and a massage at Reméde Spa indeed sounds like a perfect weekend. Next time, may I suggest a longer stay?

My best personal regards,
Toronto
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the St. Regis Punta Mita for three nights following a wedding that we attended in the Punta Mita area. To start the St. Regis service really is superb; from the moment you arrive, to service on the beach, at the bars and restaurants; everyone is very welcoming and try their best to make your stay very special.
The property itself is allows you to customize the way you want to spend the day - you can participate in group activities and learn something new - feel like snorkeling or standup paddle boarding (Carlos was an excellent instructor) - just take a look at the daily schedule and see when a free class/lesson is available. Don't feel like physical activity? Why not check out a Margarita class and learn the tricks to making a delicious St. Regis Margarita!
One other very special features of the St. Regis Punta Mita is the wide array of high quality dinning. We ate lunch daily at Marietas Boat - Mita Mary - located on the sand, great seafood! We had happy hour drinks daily at Sea Breeze Bar, (mgr. Miguel keeping us company with conversation). Last but not least - Carolina - St. Regis Punta Mita's signature restaurant - sophisticated dining experience with delicious high quality food - be sure to make a reservation as they are often booked full.
Overall a very relaxing experience at a very beautiful property.

Room Tip: look out for SPG Hot Escapes rates - they are a prepaid option on St. Regis' website - great dea...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MM-TorontoTraveler
Dear MM-TorontoTraveler,

Thank you for your recent visit and your review. I’m thrilled that you enjoyed some of the various activities that we have at the resort. Indeed, this is a great way to customize your day. On behalf of the entire staff, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your husband back to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort in the future. We will have your favorite cocktail waiting for you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,446 reviews
The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium

Been to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort? Share your experiences!