“Above the rest!”

The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
“Above the rest!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I have been home from our stay for about a week now and we cannot stop talking about what an incredible time we had! The entire staff made us feel welcomed and "at home". Most resorts do not have this affect on us, but we really felt like we were a valued part of the St. Regis family during our stay; we are already planning our next trip!

This experience set the bar for us, it will be hard to beat. Hands down, the best customer service I have ever experienced. And the most beautiful location anyone could ask for.

Muchas Gracias to everyone at the St. Regis Punta Mita!

1 Thank Laurina L
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Laurina L,

Greetings from Punta Mita! I am thrilled to hear that The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort has set the bar for you. This just means that we will need to top ourselves for your next visit. On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back to your second home.

Muchas gracias,
Carl Emberson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Simply put, The St. Regis in Punta Mita is the perfect place to take a family vacation. The hotel is gorgeous - nice enough to go without the kids for sure. But, what makes it special is that you can enjoy an adult getaway with your kids. There are 3 pools which all offer something different. The beach is beautiful, and allows for plenty of different activities. And then there are all of the "a la carte" activities that, for a price, can add another element.

We went on the Island Safari and Inland fishing. The staff could not have been better. Fishing was fun, and great for the kids. The island safari was a bit of a tourist trap... I'd say do it, but it is not as special as it sounds on paper...

And then, when you are craving that margarita in the pool, just drop the kids off at the Kids Club and they will be happy. Our kids were looking forward to it every day...

The restaurants are exactly what you would hope for at a resort in a location like this. Big, open air, beautiful bars, etc. (one note to the hotel - the bar stools at the Sea Breeze are way too low - they should be about a foot higher - random I know, but true). The food was fine, but there are some great restaurants about 5 minutes from the hotel, so I would encourage taking a trip to town 1-2x.

Overall, this place is a home run. I'm looking forward to going back with some friends in the near future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear evan p,

Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort for your family vacation. I’m glad to hear that your kids looked forward to going to the Children’s Club each day. Indeed there are many activities for our young guests to enjoy. Children have even written letters to me directly to tell me how much fun they had at the Children’s Club. I will certainly look into your suggestion about the height of the bar stools at Sea Breeze. I’m glad that your family vacation was a home run. As you stated, you came with family, now do come back with friends and experience the Resort in a new way. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had the pleasure of spending this past Memorial Day Weekend at the St. Regis Punta Mita resort. Punta Mita is a lovely little surfing and fishing village several miles north of Puerto Vallarta Airport. The resort is adjacent to the village of Punta Mita. You'll find plentiful golf, resort villas and two five star resorts, one of them being the St. Regis.

The staff at the St. Regis Punta Mita is absolutely fantastic. They are determined to see that you have everything you need to enjoy your stay. The butlers, the housekeepers, the pool boys, the bartenders-- all very friendly and very attentive to your needs. The butler even insisted upon packing my bags for my departure (and shamefully I must admit that he and his assistant did a far nicer job of packing my clothes than I did). The people at this resort make it a really special place.

I had a deluxe ocean view room and the room was quite large and didn't feel like a hotel room. The outdoor shower was a special treat that you'll enjoy if you have the chance. There was a big designer style bathtub, indoor shower, and well appointed vanity, making the bathroom feel larger than your usual Courtyard Marriott hotel room. Internet service was reliable in the room and on the patio. The view was a bit less than what I expected (more of the 18th green than the ocean), but nothing to complain about. The bed was exceptional, I slept like a baby. The room was quiet, no noise from neighbors or passers by. Each room seems to have a private entrance, which would seem to keep things quieter.

The pools are very well done. There are three pools, one for adults and the other two for families. The water is a bit warm, but I think that's just seasonal. The beach is spectacular. They do full service on the beach. Chairs at the pool and beach are plentiful. You will not need to make a 7am run down to reserve chairs (and if you do do that, knock it off please! it's annoying). One thing you'll notice about the resort is the lack of a crowd, which was very pleasant. They have a unique system of foot baths to get the sand out from between your toes after a jaunt to the beach. No getting sprayed by an old rusty shower head-- a very nice touch. Everything you'll need, the pool guys have it, just ask.

The food was a mixed bag. There's a nice breakfast buffet at Las Marietas. The dinners at Sea Breeze ranged from good to meh. The wow food experience was the Mita Mary stand on the beach. Fresh fish made simply on the beach. The rest of the restaurant's menus would have benefitted from Mita Mary's simple goodness. Bar service is fantastic. Ask the bartenders to make you a classic margarita or the house margarita. There's a bit of a push around the Mita Mary cocktails. I'm not a Bloody Mary fan, but perhaps you might be.

The spa experience was top notch. I had a great massage. My therapist was amazing, checking to make sure I was comfortable, that the pressure was right, etc. The facilities were fantastic. The gym needs some attention, the climate has taken a toll on some of the equipment.

I would highly recommend staying at the St. Regis Punta Mita. I would do so again without any hesitation. It's a bit more corporate in feel than my all-time Mexico favorite, Esperanza, but I think anyone looking for a peaceful getaway will enjoy themselves greatly.

Room Tip: Go for ocean front over ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear mbinsac,

Greetings from Punta Mita! Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough review of your experience. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort. I’m also happy to know that you enjoyed our newest food concept, Mita Mary Boat Bistro which was inspired by the popularity of food trucks. As you stated, simple, fresh food with premier views of the ocean and Las Marietas islands. The Bloody Mary is a St. Regis ritual because the Bloody Mary was invented at The St. Regis Hotel in New York, and the Mita Mary is our own recipe which incorporates Mexican tequila and spices. However I can certainly understand that not everyone is a fan of the Bloody Mary, therefore when you return we will have your favorite house margarita waiting for you upon arrival. Thank you again for your recent stay and your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to paradise.

With kind regards,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I traveled to Punta Mita for my 40th birthday present. We had a fantastic six-night stay at the resort. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are spacious and the staff was fantastic. Everyone we dealt with at the resort went above and beyond our expectations to make the visit special. Our butlers, Leo and Carlos provided truly exceptional service. We also had a fantastic meal at Carolina and our server Cesar provided outstanding service - not to mention the chef accommodating my allergies and vegetarian preferences. We always had breakfast at Marietas restaurant, and Oscar was extremely accommodating, making me special berry smoothies since I was usually allergic to the special juice of the day. We had a great time at the Friday night family-style BBQ and also enjoyed the champagne ritual. We also appreciated Guest Relations Director Michael O'Hara's attention to detail. Overall it was a fantastic trip. We have already raved about it to friends and family, and we can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We loved the ocean view but would recommend a second floor room to avoid the noise of upstairs neigh...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Heather M,

Happy birthday! I am thrilled to read that your experience at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort was beyond expectations. I am glad that you joined the Beach BBQ and the Champagne Ritual; both events are not to be missed. Thank you for your special comments regarding team members who made your stay even more memorable. On behalf of the entire team, we also cannot wait for your return.

My best personal regards,
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Fantastic property and service from beginning to end. The resort and town are a quiet and dead at night, but if you are planning more of a quiet, relaxing vacation then that's not an issue and this is the spot for you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dallasag
Dear dallasag,

Many thanks for your recent visit and your review. I’m glad to hear that you had a great stay. The resort, although active during the day and evenings, is indeed designed for relaxing at night. For any of our guests looking for night-life, there are plentiful options in the city Puerto Vallarta. I hope that you will join us again for another relaxing vacation.

Best regards,
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My colleague and I had an amazing time at the St. Regis Punta Mita. Having stayed at other Starwood facilities, I can honestly say that this St Regis was by far the most memorable. The room, food, service/staff, and the entire experience was amazing, and it is obvious that much work was put into getting that kind of order from a managerial stand-point. Compliments to you and all the managers at the resort. We especially liked that whenever we asked for directions the staff walked with us to our destination, no matter how far it was. That was one of the many small things that made our stay memorable. We will definitely be telling friends and family.

In addition, the beach is beautiful and the service on the beach is very attentive. We had absolutely no complaints. One of the bartenders, Edgar, makes AWESOME drinks and was also very nice to talk to while my friend and I were waiting for our food. Make sure you ask him to make you a Mango Margarita!

Room Tip: We were in Room 4403, which had a partial ocean view, and I highly recommend this suite.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Eric C,

I am thrilled to hear that you and your colleague had a memorable stay at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff and managers. I will be sure to share your comments with them. Sharing your experience with your friends, family and the community here on TripAdvisor is one of the best compliments that we can receive. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Saludos,
nJ
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is our fourth stay at this hotel and under the leadership of Hotel Manager Carl Emberson and Michael O'Hara will exceed all of your expectations. From the highly trained room butlers like Omar and Carlos, to each Restaurant manager and staff member, they make you feel like your family. Every year Vladmir and Ruben remember who you are , what you like to eat, and even remembered how we like our french pressed coffee Every detail of your stay is attended to by everyone.
I must also mention the pool and beachside service, that brings you cold water, smoothies,and home made potato chips, lunch and drinks are at your beck and call. Antonio and Cesar will cater to your every wim on the beach. I am already booking my next trip back and can't wait to see what Carl thinks of next. Marc and Shelly

Dear Marc and Shelly,

It is always great to welcome you back to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your St. Regis Punta Mita family is looking forward to your next visit. We will have the French Pressed coffee just the way you like it, waiting for you.

Cheers,
#1 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
The Royal Suites Punta de Mita
The Royal Suites Punta de Mita
#4 of 11 in Punta de Mita

Been to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort? Share your experiences!