“magical”

The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Magical is the only way I can describe this property! From the moment we arrived to have the check-in on a terrace overlooking the ocean with drinks waiting. To the attentive service from everyone at the resort. I was taken aback with the attention to detail. The position of the resort on a peninsula is stunning with sweeping views of of the ocean and a true feeling of peace. There are three pools and the ADULT pool is stunning and very quiet with lovely beach frontage.The service was wonderful and I felt like I was at a lovely home and not a resort The Mexican President and his wife were visiting while we were there but at no time were we made uncomfortable by the added security. If you are looking for a tranquil oasis to relax then this is the place for you, After I advised Edgar that I craved a flan he brought one in the next day! Miguel brought me fresh lychees as did Carlos of the butler service. This is going beyond the call of duty! Thank you to everyone for making my vacation so special. Kudos to the Management team! I cant wait to return,

2  Thank Fatemeh L
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Fatemeh L,

Greetings from Punta Mita! I’m glad that Edgar, Miguel and Carlos made a memorable impact on your stay. Perfect examples of the personalize service that every team member focuses on at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We also cannot wait for your return.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I just spent a long weekend with my wife and family at the St Regis Punta Mita and I felt that I had to post my experience online! As we arrived and entered the hotel grounds we were greeted with the words "Welcome Home"! That sums it all up, we were treated like royalty! The staff friendliness is amazing and genuine as well as their attention to detail. Our room was pure luxury and the linens a dream! The grounds are unbelievable and the beach I would say is the best in all of Mexico! Brilliant wihite sand and turquoise waters make for an unforgettable experience there and super calm so the boys could frolic without any worries. The culinary experience was out of this world, they offer different restaurants to cater to all guests and the beach BBQ at sunset is magical! The rooms are enormous and the butler service second to none! I will return here again & again. This is an incredible experience not to be missed!

Room Tip: The junior suites are amazing and the oceanfront location is amazing with the sun setting directly i...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Johann A,

Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort for your family vacation and for taking the time to write about your experience. I agree our resort is located on one of the best beaches in Mexico. As you mentioned, the waves are not very strong plusthe water is perfectly warm yet refreshing on hot days. I’m glad that you enjoyed the beach BBQ. I highly recommend that all of our guests experience this dining option. It’s the perfect place to enjoy the sunset and views of the ocean at night. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back home and hope that you will consider staying longer next time.

My best personal regards,

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My wife and I just returned from a 5 night stay at the St. Regis Punta Mita and all we can talk about is when we can go back. Usually we favor trying some place new instead of going back somewhere we have already been, but this place may force us to break that streak. All of the raving reviews are right on. Hotel property is amazing and takes your breath away from the moment you driven through the gates. The hotel staff is by far the best I have ever encountered. They are incredibly friendly and they genuinely want to do whatever they can to make your stay more enjoyable. The butler service was a special treat as well - being able to text a request for dinner reservations or any other questions you have was so convenient. The butlers themselves were superb as well, especially Julio!

The restaurants on property were very good, although I do admit we skipped Carolinas in favor of going into town. Watching World Cup games at the sea breeze bar was really fun and eating fish tacos on the sand at the Mita Mary was something not to be missed. The pools were all great as well - but we spent most of our time on the beach where they bring you buckets of ice water and whatever else you need. The ocean was incredibly warm, and if I had to complain about not thing it would be the ocean bottom is really rocky right in front of the hotel making entry and exit into the water very difficult. Not really worth complaining about as it did not take away from enjoying the water.

The rooms were also great. We were upgraded to an ocean view room which was really awesome. All of the rooms have outdoor showers, are well sized, and have patios with a sun bed and more chairs. We had the option of getting a junior suite for one night. It was much bigger and really nice but we opted to stay in the slightly smaller room with the ocean view - worth it.

Overall I am just repeating what all the other reviews have already covered. I remember thinking how I had never read so many unanimously positive reviews about anything before but now I know why. This is a special place if you want to get away to somewhere beautiful and truly relax.

We will be going back!!

Room Tip: regular rooms with ocean view are spectacular. We stayed on the far east side of the hotel closest...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Joe K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind comments about the service and staff- Julio will be especially happy to read your review. I’m glad to hear that we may have broken your streak of always going someplace new for your vacations. We have many guests who return year after year who are delighted to find that the resort has the same great service and amenities that they expect, however we also create new experiences so that the experience is fresh and new. We look forward to welcoming you back to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

If you are looking for a relaxing trip and just being pampered, this is the place for you! This place is definitely worth it, even with the 45 minute taxi ride from the airport.

After a dreadful stay at another hotel, we checked in to the St Regis and from the moment we pulled up to the driveway, I was in heaven. The service was impeccable. Our room wasn't ready, but we were allowed to use the amazing spa facilities while we waited. There is an adults only pool which was very relaxed and surreal. Again the service was impeccable - from drinks to popsicles during the day to having someone clean my sunglasses when I got out of the pool, everything was just great. When we finally checked into our room (after the keys were delivered poolside), we found that our luggage had been unpacked and hung so neatly! And our room had both an indoor and outdoor shower.

The property is gorgeous with a decent gym and great running trails. While the dinner menu seemed limited, the breakfast buffet was fantastic. There was also a nice "beach shack" open during the day where we had barbecued seafood for lunch right in the sand.

I wouldn't hesitate to come back to the St Regis. This is definitely was one of the best properties I've stayed at!

3  Thank nelsoli

Dear nelsoli,

Many thanks for your recent visit and for taking the time to write a review. I’m delighted that The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort is one of the best properties that you have experienced. I agree, Mita Mary Boat Bistro on the beach is certainly a great place to have fresh grilled cuisine with your toes in the sand. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was by far the best ST. Regis experience we have had. The grounds are amazing, the staff is incredibly positive, and there is so much to do. The evening food options are lacking just a tad but a short golf cart ride into town allows for everything else under the sun. Once we locked down our spot on the beach it was just a matter of what ten activities we would want to participate in. I would rather go to Punta Mita than Kauai any day.

1  Thank jpandkate

Dear jpandkate,

Greetings from Punta Mita. I’m honored to read that we are your favorite St. Regis. I’m glad that you did partake in the activities that we have available at the resort. We look forward to welcoming you back. We will have your favorite spot on the beach waiting for you.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Frequent business/pleasure traveler here. The experience at this property is always spectacular (i have been twice). It's likely why the Mexican President and his family almost exclusively vacation there (I have been there when they did).

To say they go the extra mile is an understatement. The service is unparalleled. Managers are omnipresent and check in with you regularly to make sure everything is handled to your liking. You are provided with complimentary Butler service, they consulted with my wife on appropriate attire for each meal and then steamed her dress and return it prior to our meals in dry cleaning plastic! They roam the beach/pool areas cleaning your sunglasses, bringing you exotic popsicles and cool towels for your face. They also don't generally "nickel and dime" you here. Bottled water is free (you will need it), their hotel SUVs are the same price as the dingy local cabs, and the drinks are fairly priced.

The "rooms" are more like private Casitas with decks, indoor & outdoor showers and the AC is perfect which is critical given the climate. They're also very friendly to SPG members and take it very seriously. If you're celebrating a special occasion, get ready for a cute surprise in your room (my wife digs this).

Though I have only gone as a couple, the kids program is stellar. They have multiple people attending to like 3 children. I saw an exotic petting zoo one day. We plan on bringing our kids soon!

The hotel is immaculate and beautiful (I actually witnessed the GM of the hotel personally remove a candy wrapper someone had rudely stuffed in a bush) . Whether fully booked or not, you still feel like you are one of the only people on the property. Furthermore, they have a 100% private beach that feels completely natural and is ideally located on a stunning point. The ocean and pools are the embodiment of what you imagine a warm-weather vacation to offer.

Also, though i normally don't like Nicklaus golf courses, the Bahia course right next door is likely his finest effort, on the ocean and the $500 all you can play for 3 days deal is pretty sweet.

There are extensive activities available through the hotel (fishing, snorkeling, diving, spear fishing, spa) and they are all first rate. If you're budget conscious you can also do these things in town, though the experience is markedly lesser. My only minor gripe is that they charge you to use their bicycles which used to be free and aren't worth $25 an hour as you can take the SUV into town for $7 each way.

I have not eaten at Carolina, their upscale restaurant (i prefer simple fresh grilled fish), but their beachside grill makes a mean fish taco and beats out the off-resort casual spots by a mile.
I do recommend going into town to visit Si Senor which i feel is the best restaurant.

All in all, as a very experienced traveler, this place is second to none. Its light years ahead of the Four Seasons and blows away Caribbean resorts I've been to like the Ritz-Carlton. It's also extremely safe.

Enjoy.

Room Tip: You cant go wrong here. SPG members are highly valued.
2  Thank Andrew K

Andrew K,

It is always great to welcome you back to your home away from home. Please do return with your children next time. I highly encourage you and your wife to try Carolina restaurant on your next visit, perhaps for a special occasion. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, for your kind words and mostly for your loyalty to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort. On behalf of all of the team here, we look forward to welcoming you back.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We have visited the St. Regis resort in Punta Mita 3 times with our family. On our first visit, the resort was quite new and not yet discovered. We really enjoyed being pampered and feeling like we were the only ones there. On subsequent visits, the hotel has become much more popular, I wasn't sure it would have the same feel for us, but it only gets better. This is a real 5 star hotel. It has all the emenities anyone could want. It has 2 gorgeous golf courses walking distance, it has a beautiful ocean with white sand, 3 different pool areas, 3 very special restaurants on property, and others very close to resort. The rooms are furnished with a very calming luxury feeling with a very special outside shower. The best part of this experience is the service. It is top notch. Everyone at the resort wears a smile and wants to make it your best vacation, with out expecting a tip. As the room rate includes gratuities. If you ever want a really special retreat this is the place to go.

Room Tip: This is not a place to go if you can't walk stairs. Lots of stairs to most rooms, and walking ar...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear joanberger,

It is always a pleasure to welcome you and your family back to paradise. Indeed, like fine wine, the resort has gotten better over the years. Even with the addition of new food outlets and other amenities, we continue to focus on to keeping the same intimate feeling to the resort that our repeat guests expect and enjoy. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience. We are looking forward to welcoming you back for your next retreat.

My best personal regards,

#2 of 11 in Punta de Mita
Iberostar Playa Mita
Iberostar Playa Mita
#3 of 11 in Punta de Mita

Been to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort? Share your experiences!