“Amazing holiday in an amazing resort!”

The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We loved everything about our whole week at this resort. This was especially topped of by the wonderful warm staff who were fantastic led by the GM Karl who really delivers a world class experience. I couldn't recommend a hotel more highly

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear AndymBrockhoff,

Greetings from Punta Mita! It was great to see you during your visit. I’m glad that the staff at The St. Regis Punta Mita exceeded your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your high recommendations are greatly appreciated. I hope to see you again soon.

My best personal regards,
Carl Emberson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,974)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We just returned from an amazing holiday at the St. Regis. The vacation could not have been better. Room quality was amazing, it was spotlessly clean, and the butler service was flawless. The resort itself was beautiful. There were three separate pool areas (2 of the pools had two separate levels), but our favorite was the upper level of the adult pool. The pool service here was amazing – friendly, fast, and there just when you needed them. The hotel restaurants were great - Carolina was elegant and creative food with impeccable service. If you do want to venture off site for meals, there is also other options close by. We can’t wait to return for our next holiday.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank WestCoastTraveler61
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear WestCoastTraveler61,

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write a review. I’m glad that you had an amazing holiday. Indeed Carolina, our 5 Diamond restaurant, offers a memorable experience with impeccable service and creative dishes. Did you try the flaming coffee while you were there? We look forward to welcoming you back for your next holiday. We will have your favorite spot on the upper level of the adult pool waiting for you.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We are here now, staying for one week. I put my son for a nap, and while relaxing on the beautiful sun patio overlooking the beach, listening to the calming sound of waves and reflecting back on our first two days here, I've already felt compelled to share the experience. I have never experienced such outstanding service! And God knows, we've been to different resorts. This is our first vacation as a family of four. Aside from beautiful landscape, spotless grounds and amenities, what will ultimately make me come back here, without a doubt, is the explicit service!!! Not one employee here makes u feel like ure a bother to them (and sadly I've felt they way many times in other places). One worker told me that they are treated very well here. How nice to hear something like this! Everyone has a genuine smile on their faces and looks like they enjoy what they do. They all go out of their way (from the butler service, to the housekeeping, to the waiters and managers) not just to send u a smile, but to make a conversation, to ask about your day, etc. These things are important to me. Brought in a kids crib for my younger son. Too small? Not a problem. We will bring u something else. Playpen? Too small again? No problem. We will figure it out. (Sorry about that guys ;)). Key doesn't work for your room? No Worries. You dot have to go anywhere. We will bring it right to you while ure suntanning at the beach. Ure too hot while eating dinner? No problem, here is a fan just for you! Ure lost? I'll show u the way. Ure tired walking? Let me get the golf cart and give u a ride. U need an extra sheet for ur bed? Five minutes! I mean anyone who's had anything negative to say about this place must be completely out of their mind!!! Very kid friendly too. Nanny service and kids club available hassle free. Beach service with non stop ice and water. My sons are having a time of their lives, and as a parent I can't be grateful enough for that. Overall, this experience is by far the best one I've ever had. Doesn't even come close to our honeymoon. So happy 2nd honeymoon to us! U guys do an amazing job. Thank you for making it so special! Keep it up!
PS - the drinks with freshly squeezed fruit are to die for! Get a lotus!!! :)))) going back to vacationing now. :)

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank QtXenia

Dear QtXenia,

Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort for your family vacation. I’m thrilled to read that your experience inspired you to write a review while still at the resort. Indeed all of the staff takes great pride in making our guests’ stay as relaxing as possible. I’m glad that this has helped make your family vacation extra special and even feel like a second honeymoon. Enjoy the rest of your vacation and please let any of our staff know if we can assist you with booking your next reservation before you depart.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We absolutely loved everything about this resort. We went here for our honeymoon the second week of June on a referral from an associate. Very glad we did.

We loved our room which was an upgrade based on our Starwood preferred status. The room came with an outdoor shower (which they all do I believe), a claw foot tub, indoor shower, large his/hers bathroom, super comfy bed, large living room, sun patio with a lounge chair and partial view of the ocean. The turn down service was spot on.

Complete and utter relaxation here. True paradise.

Since it was our honeymoon, we had a few special requests which were all handled with class. All of our expectations were either met or exceeded.

We loved the welcome signature margaritas on our arrival. Loved the food at Seabreeze, especially the brunch. The tasting menu for dinner at Carolina's was special. The scallops and grilled lobster at Mita Mary on the beach were second to none.

The entire staff were very accommodating. Great personalities. Great smiles. The little things that were done did not go unnoticed, such as when Oliver (the food & beverage manager) proactively brought my wife an umbrella to shield the sun from her at the bar. He noticed the glare bugging her.

Very nice job.

There are plenty of activities to get involved with. Our favorite was the marine adventure. A must.
We arrived late to the champagne ritual but wish we had come earlier.

Special kudos to Cesar and Antonio who took very good care of us on the beach where we spent the majority of our time. We found ourselves a tree to sit under the entire time. Perfect. If you are interested in getting a tan, don't let the tree's shade scare you. I came back with a George Hamilton (based on a one week stay)

Seriously though, Cesar and Antonio are mind readers service wise and had "our spot" ready to go when we arrived on the beach each morning. In fact, the entire service staff are mind readers. They seem to know what you need before you know what you need.

First class all the way.

We already can't wait to get back and are plotting our next stay at St Regis!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BinDerDunDat411

Dear BinDerDunDat411,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your honeymoon at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort. I’m glad to hear that you had a spectacular experience. Yes, all of the rooms have outdoor showers, indoor shower and tub. Thank you for the special mention of staff members who left an impression on your experience. They will be especially happy to read your review. We look forward to welcoming you back and will have your favorite beach spot waiting for you.

Cheers,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon at the St. Regis Punta Mita resort, and wanted to echo all the rave reviews here and send our compliments to the staff. We had a flawless experience from start to finish. The property is breathtakingly beautiful and gorgeously landscaped. We appreciated the separate pools for families and adults, and multiple bars and restaurants. Because of the level of service and the way the property is laid out, our holiday felt very private and peaceful.
I will always have great memories of watching the World Cup in the Seabreeze Bar. My husband took surfing and spearfishing lessons and had a fantastic time. I can't speak highly enough of the staff at the Spa, who gave me some of the best massages I have ever had (and gave me good advice about how to treat my sunburn!).
The St. Regis Punta Mita is an exquisite property, but the staff really take it to the next level. We feel very lucky to have visited and will be back soon!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear S R,

Greetings from Punta Mita! Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort for your honeymoon and for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review. Indeed the design of the resort keeps with the relaxing, private feeling even if the resort is at high occupancy. Congratulations on your wedding and I’m glad to hear that you had a wonderful honeymoon. On behalf of the entire staff, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Cheers,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I'm writing this review on day 2 of a 5 day stay, and I have to say that this St. Regis property is absolutely fantastic. The service is impeccable and the staff seems to genuinely care about their guests. The little things really do make the service shine... The staff recognized and greeted me by name within the first day of arriving. The butler service is fantastic. They handle everything from wakeup calls to private dining (room service) to scheduling a scuba diving expedition. They really do make the impossible happen. Wake up calls are accompanied by complimentary coffee or tea in the morning. The food in their restaurants and from private dining is fantastic, there really aren't many areas I can complain about. I've stayed at many Luxury Collection properties (along with the Four Seasons, Trump, and the Ritz), and this property is definitely at the top of my list. In my opinion, it's even better than the Four Seasons Punta Mita (right next door). This truly is a five star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael G

Dear Michael G,

It’s always great to see guests that are so inspired by their experience that they posted reviews while still at the resort. We are honored to be considered at the top of your lists among other great resorts. Indeed, personalize service along with the warm hospitality of our staff is what sets The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort apart from other hotels. I trust that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Amazing landscape and beach. Great for any kind of vacations, family, honeymoon, etc. The best sunset ever everyday! Many activities for all ages very good and personalized service. Nice restaurant on the beach. Very cool place any time of the year!

Room Tip: The best rooms are front beach and close to Sea Breaze and the pool.