“Original Anclote, Punta de Mita, Mexico.”
Review of Original Anclote

Original Anclote
Ranked #17 of 59 Restaurants in Punta de Mita
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Occasionally, I rent a car during my annual vacation at Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and, having completed my chores, my wife and I often visit Punta de Mita, a charming haven for surfers and sun seekers, at the northern end of Bahia de Banderas, some 25 miles from P.V. We enjoy sitting under a palapa for a few hours, drinking beer and snacking on nachos and mussels at the Original Anclote Restaurant - Bar. The tables are literally a matter of a few feet from the breaking waves. The experience is tranquil and relaxing as we watch the water taxis come and go, the pelicans diving for their sustenance and the local hero, Neptuno, the dog that surfs!
Dr Gareth Griffith,
Saskatoon,
Canada.

2  Thank GarethGriffith

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We wanted just a hamburger or light fare....they only had children's hamburgers...but assured us they were good size. This was not so. We paid 890 pesos for a poor hamburger. Now in other years I have eaten brunch here and it was wonderful. Staff was very nice.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

we had a fantastic lunch at the Anclote! great sea food,big portion, super atmosphere and fabulous service!!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Ya I know what you are thinking, why are your ordering soup when its a thousand degrees out? Well because I love soup and have to try it everywhere I go and since this spot had at least 4 on the go, the lobster bisque that was amazing and I will go back for, an onion soup that we did not try, a mushroom soup that my 4 year old had and after the first bite we did not hear from her for 15 min....she loved it that much! My other daughter had the shrimp fajitas and I had the beef fajitas, both great. My wife had the cilantro Mahi and said it was very good. We were there for lunch and it started off not too busy but then got quite busy so the wait was a while but we were in no rush. The vendors selling things do come in since it is open on the beach to sell you things so if you feel uncomfortable with this I don't know what to say as it happens everywhere. I don't really care but during our 1.5 hour lunch we must have been hit up by at least 20 vendors, I just said no and they usually just went away. If in Punta, even if you just go for a quick beer, order a soup, you will be happy!!

1  Thank Trav69
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We only had appetizers, but the food and service was good. Unfortunately, we were ringside for every beach vendor. Wish the staff had kept them away when they saw we weren't interested.