“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Accion Tropical

Accion Tropical
More attraction details
Owner description: We are located in Punta de Mita and we offer the services of Surf school, surf lessons, surfboards rentals, Surf instructor, boat trips, surf trips, snorkeling, Marietas Islands trips, stand up paddle (SUP) lessons and rentals
San Diego, California
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Lalo and his crew are THE BEST! This was my 3rd surf trip to Punta Mita (one time with 2 teenage sons to surf, 2 times on a women's surf trip). We rented boards and boat rides with Lalo's outfit each time, and they have been awesome. This time, we had both long-boarders and short boarders, as well as some mixed ability levels, but Lalo, Fox, and Alex made sure everyone had a great time, caught tons of waves, and received help if they needed it. Not only are are they knowledgeable, helpful, and trustworthy, but they are just really nice people and a joy to be out in the water with. Everyone on our trip agrees we will continue to go back to them....can't wait for the next trip!

Visited March 2014

vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“These Guys are Awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

If you visiting the Punta de Mita area and want to surf and have a great trip Lalo and his crew will sort you out! They have great boards, tons of local knowledge and are incredibly helpful with sorting you out! Be sure to go on one of their boat trips! Thanks again for everything Lalo, you rock!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank tofitian
Amesbury, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great surf guide and snorkeling and whale watching guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Thomas and his crew gave us a great experience .. Me a surfing alone one day only had half the $ and still let me have a board and a guide for 3 hours . Surfed in front of joe Francis house on small breaks but had fun .. Brought back my girl and another couple from iberostar the next day for a trip to marietas islands and on the way out we saw a lot of whales and before snorkeling Thomas maneuvered is boat into little hidden coves and caves as other boats stayed out side . Very cool. And he was very conscientious about the environment as we picked trash out of the water along the way. We snorkeled in 2 different spots and he knew everyone . . Even fixed my girls own mask she brought. We will be going Back next year from Boston and will be reserving a spot with him definitely .

Visited February 2014
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Whale of a ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We went as a family of 10 ranging in age from 3 to 65 to go snorkeling. We all got to go on the same boat and had an awesome guide. I am used to the big expensive streamline tours that you get from your hotel but this was so much better and so much cheaper. Within the first 5 minutes we saw a mommy whale teaching its baby how to breach, she was pushing the baby through the water, absolutely breath taking. Then minutes later another set of whales. The guide stopped every sighting and we just watched. It did not feel like we were not on the clock so we never felt rushed. The guide then took us to where the big hotel tours go but we got to get in really close, so less swimming to get to the secluded beach that was absolutely beautiful. We stayed there for a bit and then hopped back in the boat for a sight-seeing ride. We rode the waves in the little boat and he showed us caves that the big boats could not get in to, we saw blow holes then got to snorkel some more. Then we rode back in spotting more whales and again stopping. The guide was so friendly and truly excited by our excitement, for most of the 10 of us it was our first time seeing whales and he shared in the excitement especially that of the children. My only negative I would have to say the snorkeling was not the best I have seen, but I was not expecting much in that way as I don't think Puerto Vallarta is hot spot for snorkeling. I would defiantly recommend this company to friends and family and would go with them again maybe for surfing when my kids are a bit older.

Visited December 2013
Santa Rosa, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lalo's scam shop!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

My wife and I paid for a deal with Lalo for 6 days of guided surf trips. The guides kept dropping us off at La Lancha which is a decent surf spot but we wanted to take a look at some other spots to surf, but the guides wouldn't take us anywhere else to surf. After the 5th day the guides informed us that Lalo said this was our last day in which we protested due to our agreement with Lalo. One the guides "Fox" agreed with our deal with Lalo since he was there when we paid in cash!! Bottom line is if your taking surf lessons this company might be fine but if you are an experienced surfer and want a guided surf trip look somewhere else!!!!

Visited February 2013