“Worked for me”

Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We attended a wedding at this resort, and as our first "all-inclusive" we were happy with the experience. The best part of the resort was by far the service. Every employee I ran into, whether it was a maintenance person, house-keeping or server, greeted me with a smile and an "hola." I appreciated that bartenders and servers would let me try my spanish, and not automatically reply in english. I also really liked that there seemed to be a lot of latino tourists, which it made it feel slightly more authentic. As a vegetarian, I was not particularly impressed with the food...it was fine, but the emphasis was definitely on meat. I would have loved a wider variety of fresh, tropical fruit as well. We paid the extra bucks to have an ocean-view room, but our view was pretty limited. I'm sure they would have switched us up if we had asked. I really appreciated the adults-only pool, since the main pool was soooo loud. Either way, I spent most of my time on the beach, so it didn't matter much. Some new snorkeling gear would be great, too!

Room Tip: Upper level, low-numbered rooms have better ocean views (ex. 1210 vs. 1140).
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank RiotBird
dtoradjuntoayb, Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

Dear RiotBird,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback, very much appreciated. I will pass to our staff your comments about the food and the service. These comments help and give motivation to the personal and to improve our service day to day. Our commitment is to provide the best service and attention at all times to our guests.

Concerning the observation about the food, I just would like to add that we have a special vegetarian menu as well as a fitness corner, self made salads and a fresh daily wide variety, nonetheless we take your comments very seriously in order to enhance our offer day by day.

Thanks again and if you decide to visit us again and for any further comments please, do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Recently came back from the trip of a lifetime. We have a 3 yr old girl and I was concerned about her nutrition being so far away from home. No problem, with several restaurants on the resort there was lots of choices of food (all inclusive) and the people there were more than willing to get her what she wanted (ex. choc. milk, fries...) The resort is beautiful (palm trees, botanical garden, zoo) and the people there are more than accomodating and so friendly. Warm weather, sandy beach, swimming pools...All the paths are covered so you don't have to worry about the hot sun, great entertainment, lots to do and there is even an activity coordinator if you're not so sure about what to do. There is a baby and kids club on site with great people who entertain the kids. No complaints...when can I go back?

5  Thank Trish-Edmonton
JulioCA, Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Dear Trish Edmonton:

We are very pleasant to read your trip report and find out how well you and your family enjoyed of the services that we offer as Grand Palladium now, all the newest projects that you have mentioned as the mini club, baby club, and the Junior club, are just some of the new services we have available for our guests with the main purpose to provide the option to the couples to enjoy of their privacy while their kids are safe and having a great time.

We hope to continue attending you and your family in a short future,

Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We were a group of 7 including 3 young children. The grounds are beautiful, the kids loved the zoo and the food was very good.

Checking in was quick and smooth, but we couldn't get two rooms side by side, we had to settle for them close - but not side by side as we were promised when we booked the vacation. I was hoping to have two rooms that share an inside door so I can put the kids to sleep and be in the room beside them at night.

The kids loved the kids club and couldn't get enough of it. The swimming pool is clean and nice, I enjoyed swimming with the kids there.

The ocean was amazingly beautiful with nice smooth sand to walk and play on. I walked off the premise of the resort and noticed the sand change to tiny pebbles not so comfortable to walk on. So BIG thumbs up for Palladium for making sure that the beach area under their control had nice smooth sand.

NO MOSQUITOES. Not one mosquito bite on me or our group the whole week.

Food was very good. There is the buffet and 3(or 4) other specialty restaurants. No need to make reservations for the specialty restaurants, which is very nice, at worst they give you a pager and tell you it will take half an hour to get you a table - which is very reasonable.

Service was good, always with a smile and very accommodating.

Nightly entertainment was the weakest element. The performers did their best, but there was only 6 or 7 of them and they carried the show every night and they were not top notch either. Also, being a family friendly resort I expected more kid activities at night, this was one of the worst kid's nightly shows I have seen in any resort. It basically consisted of the kids' club staff going up on stage and playing a game with the all the kids that didn't last more than 5 minutes.

As for the rest of the show, on one night they had activities that included participation from the audience but the rest was basically the same 2 girls and 4 guys dancing on the stage - same dance moves in different costumes.

It felt that the resort put just enough resources into the nightly entertainment activities to say they have it, but not enough to make it any good.

The in-ground zoo was nice. The kids loved the monkeys and the deer and all the birds. The crocodile was a sad sight all lonely.

Someone else mentioned this below and I had the exact same experience. On my check out day our bus was scheduled for 8pm and the check out was at noon. We were told that for $60 we can keep a room till 6pm. This sounded great, cuz we needed the kids to nap and shower and change and get ready for the trip home. A couple of days before the check out day we went to the front desk, to pay for the late check out. We were told that we had to come on the same day as check out, early. We got the impression that this was going to be easy with no problems. But on check out day I was there 9am and was promptly told that the resort was at 100% capacity and I could not get a late check out. I pleaded that I have children and I needed the room, to no avail.

The front desk was always pleasant but never helpful.

The kids club allowed us to use their shower for the kids, which helped. We used the to changing rooms beside the lobby, they were nice but we had to wait for our turn. Floors were wet.

I would go again but I hope the nightly entertainment will improve and I hope to get two rooms beside each other with an ocean view :)

Room Tip: We were in building 1, second floor. Even numbered rooms had a beach view and better wifi reception...
7  Thank Will C
JulioCA, Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear Will C:

We are very pleasant to find out how did you and your family enjoyed all the new services that we are advertising to our visitors to know that the new Grand Palladium Vallarta offer a very good selection of concepts to do easy way to go through the vacation with the perfect combination of family atmosphere and the newest for kids as our baby club, mini club, jr. club etc.
Regarding your comment about the unlucky coincidence that on your departure day the Hotel was going through a 100% of occupancy in those moments it is very difficult to offer a late check out since the room are already assigned and needs to be ready for the new Guests that are check in on the same day, we hope you can understand us and gave us the opportunity to welcome you back with your family.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Just returned home from one week at the Grand Palladium and have to say for the most part it was a very relaxing and enjoyable time. We met some great people from all over Canada and the USA. The adult pool I have to say was the best place to be. The bartender at the adult pool made the best drinks anywhere on the resort. What I like the most about the adult pool is that you can sit in the very comfy lounge chairs and still enjoy the ocean view and the ocean breezes. When it comes to the food - it's just ok - you can always find something you like so you never go hungry. I did get some kind of stomach thing happending one day and thought that it must of been something I ate. One week was definitely enough at this resort.

Just three real complaints. Upon our arrival at 3am in the morning. We were given a room key and told our luggage would be brought to our room. We found our room and entered - and to our surprise the room was already occupied. Needless to say we did not stick around long - we promptly went back to the front desk to let them know their mistake - the could of cared less about it. Just said Oh, here take this other room and gave us a new room. No appologies nothing. Our second room was unoccupied - thank goodness as we were rather exhausted. Our room faced the Royal Suites near their outdoor dining area. On our fifth night at the resort at 2am in the morning the hotel decides that they are going to fumigate the kitchen area. This is a very loud process and woke everyone up on that side of the hotel. That did not impress me either. And our last issue was wake up calls at 8am in the morning which we did not ask for. Our first two mornings we got wakeup calls. When I phoned down - of course no one knew nothing. So from then on we just unplug our phone at night. If the management is reading this review - I would suggest that you listen to your guests problems that were experienced at your hotel and improve on your customer service.

The hotel also has two showers for late check out guests. This is a great option however not nearly enough showers for everyone wanting to use them. We did want a late check out but were refused one due to the hotel being book.

These issues were experienced did not take away for the great time we had they are just worth mentioning in hopes that the management will read this review and take notes.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank drassarb
dtoradjuntoayb, Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear drassarb,

First and foremost, thank you for your comments about your holidays in our resort and for taking the time to give us your feedback, as management we really do care and pay special attention to our guest’s comments. About the issues that you said in your trip report, I would like to mention that it is important for us as a hotel to know how and where we fall short and what we need to do to better meet our guests’ expectations.

We are working every day in order to improve our services and we really appreciate all comments that help us to know which we are falling and to be a better hotel.

We are glad to understand that you had a great time during your stay, and please, do not hesitate to contact us if you decide to visit us again or if there is anything further we can do from this end.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Had an wonderful oceanview room enjoyed watching surfers. You can charter a boat directly from Punta Mita ( ask for Rudy) and go to the Marietta Islands or Yalapa - way cheaper than excursion prices. To get to Punta Mita take cab $10 or for an adventure ride the ATM bus $1 that you catch right in front of hotel. Food & drinks excellent this hotel excellent if you wish to relax if you're going for nightlife go elsewhere there is none here. The ala carte are unlimited and no need for reservations - they give a beeper & you return when there is an opening- only reservations you neeed are for BBQ day in advance don't miss best meal by far

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Xcskir:

Thank you for the time you gave us to share your experience in The Grand Palladium Vallarta, for sure all your information will be helpful for our future Guest, we appreciate all your observations about the service and the spectacular spot that we have to enjoy of a great vacation with the family,

Best Regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2012

We visited March 3-10th, thankfully just before the rush of the spring break. I'm going to state the negatives that I experienced first.
FRONT DESK - Definitely don't go for the upgrade. I paid 250. US more, because I wanted it to be special for my grand daughter. People in my party had the same as me, with out the extra charge and the nightmare hassle I had at the front desk. There customer service there is very lacking....extremely poor.
Our 1st evening there, we got a complimentary small bottle of tequila brought to our room, I was so impressed. Then I found out the rest of my group all got cute little sets of shot glasses to go with their bottle. (They were laughing at me....remember I just paid 250. US more for my room...which wasn't different from there's.) Anyway what made it worse, was when I mentioned it to the front desk, and on the phone...I was basically told that I was a liar...that I did not get them. I was more than offended. ( I don't really care about the shot glasses....but DON'T call me a liar.) My group couldn't believe it. We had 3 rooms in total.
ROOMS - I was almost crippled every morning from the extremely hard beds....they do need to improve on this. Also, I think it is wrong to charge for a descent pillow. I had to pay daily at the front desk for one. Ridiculous..really. I love there power saving, but they should keep there fridges going, so the beverages inside, at least get a chance to get semi cold... Otherwise, I found the rooms very nice and clean. I never saw any bugs. As for as tips in your room. No need to go out of your way in the rooms...I felt I tipped well, and they really didn't do anything extra for me. (example a few times I left extra, and a note for extra beer, and didn't get it.....but they took the money.)
Zoo - In the middle of the resort..All rescue animals...I absolutely loved it. You can see all the animals are very happy and well taken care of. Everything is kept very clean.
FOOD- I must say the food is the best I have ever had in Mexico....delicious! I had one bad experience, and that was in the Mexican restaurant, when I decided to order the Lobster and steak . The picture looked mouth watering. When I got it, it looked nothing like the picture...and was 3 tiny scampi and a fatty slice of roast.....I couldn't even eat it. Talk about a false picture....save your $35.00 US extra charge...yuck!
SERVICE - Everyday we had breakfast and lunch in the buffet. We loved the waiter "Alberto" ! His service was excellent. He was always there the moment we all walked in...... Definitely one of our highlights of our trip...was having him as a waiter. A + there for service with him...I must say.
ACTIVITIES AND SHOWS - I loved the activities and shows. Just make sure your there 10 minutes before any activities. Nelson and the others do a great job. We never laughed so much.
BEACH - I just want to make a comment on there new life guard they had.."Carlos". You can feel safe with him watching, he is right there. I was very impressed on how, on the ball he was.

Despite the lacking customer service from the front desk...I would definitely go back. But save my money on some of the extra's I purchased this time. We actually all wanted to stay longer. I hoping management takes the negatives I have mentioned as positive criticism and corrects them. Had a great time...loved the beach bbq, Spa and the infinity pool (adult pool). Special thanks to Alberto, Nelson and the group, and Carlo's ...you made our trip..thanks! See you next year! :))

Room Tip: Not worth upgrade! Save your money.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Sandra B
dtoradjuntoayb, Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Sandra B,

First and foremost, thank you for your comments about your last holidays in the Grand Palladium Resort & Spa. All comments are very important for us and for improve our service and facilities every day.

Concerning the observations you made in your review, I can assure you that we will take them very seriously with the purpose of ameliorate our offer as our aim is to fulfill our guest’s expectations creating an enchanting experience to our visitors.

Thank you again and please, do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit in order to provide you with the best of all attentions.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2012

We just returned from Grand Palladium Vallarta on April 21, 2012 and had a blast at the resort. We met many friends and our 3 year old daughter had such a good time. The pool, kids pool and adult pool were amazing. The kids club was also awesome and they were very good with her. There is quite a bit iof walking but not as much as other's have complained about. The food was amazing at the Ribs and More and the Asian restaurant and the buffet was very good as well. One con was when we were eating in the snack bar we saw a waiter drop the tongs on the ground and reuse them again to put more lettuce on the tray. Another con was the wasps, they were not aggressive, but there were many. The internet was also not that great as there were a few days with hardly any access.

We did ask for a ground floor room when booking, which would have been ideal as we have a young child and got put in a third floor room, but the rooms were beautiful and very well rennovated and modern. I slept amazing all 7 nights as well.

All in all we had an amazing trip and the beach was beautiful!!! I would return to Grand Palladium!

2  Thank andrea C
JulioCA, Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear Andrea C:

We appreciate all your comments about our Resort and the time you toke to share your feed back with our visitors, for us every comment it is very value and we have strong commitment to go beyond our Guest satisfaction, we hope to continue attending you in a short future.

Cordially,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#38 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vall...
#14 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
#14 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta
ClubHotel RIU Jalisco
ClubHotel RIU Jalisco
#20 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!