We were at Viva Vallarta from February 21-28, and from some of the other reviews I have to wonder whether we were at the same resort! The rooms are perfectly adequate - no dressers, but plenty of closet space.
The food was fine. Sure there was lots of Mexican influence, but where are you after all? And we were very happy with the three a la carte restaurants. We got smiling, courteous service from everyone. Sure at one point some people at the adults' pool got a bit rowdy, but security staff zoomed in quickly.
It was definitely winter while we were there, and they weren't taking kayacks or catamarans out. A bit disappointing, but they have to think of their guests' safety after all. We did take the public bus into PV (an adventure tour everyone should take!) as well as a whale-watching tour through Vallarta Adventures. Sure, the entertainment was so-so, but I don't go to PV expecting Las Vegas-style entertainment. As to the complaints about Mexicans at the resort - where the heck are you? Sure there were some there, but I didn't notice them being any more troublesome than other guests. And for children - if you want to avoid children (and many perfectly nice people do) then either book at an adults-only resort or book at other resorts during non-popular-vacation times. March is generally "spring break" at least somewhere after all.
Gay couples - I can't answer that. I certainly can't see that a particular resort (anywhere) is at fault for failing to provide a gay couple with contemporaries. I'd figure a knowledgeable travel agent would be the best bet.
I'm not saying the resort's for everyone. It's true that it's quite spread out, with many steps (and not all have handrails). So anyone with mobility difficulties might want to think of something else. But as I've said earlier - if you have concerns, you do your homework ahead of time rather than complaining laater.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular property that offers a 300 meter long private Pacific beach, from which guests can witness stunning sunsets. The construction of the hotel has maintained the natural flora and fauna of the area to provide an extraordinary setting for an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palladium Vallarta Resort And Spa
- Palladium Vallarta Hotel Punta De Mita
- Palladium Vallarta Puerto
- Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
- Palladium Puerto Vallarta
- Viva Vallarta
- Hotel Palladium Vallarta
- Club Viva Vallarta