“Plan your Wedding Here!!!!”

Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
GreenLeadersGold level
Kindersley, Saskatchewan
“Plan your Wedding Here!!!!”
Reviewed 11 May 2009

We were married at the Palladium Vallarta on April 22/09. When we booked out trip we were looking for something inexpensive for our families. We booked and then read many many reviews about the hotel on trip advisor. Well to say the very least we were terrified about what we had gotten our selfs and our families into. Over the course of a year and a half we in close contact with the hotels wedding coordinator. They were quick to respond and always very willing to help in anyway possible.
When we arrived at the hotel we were nervous, however it was stunning at first glance. We stayed 2 weeks in the Royal Suites of the resort, and for anyone who is not travelling with children, I would highly recommend this section of the resort. The staff went above and beyond what they needed to do. Everything was clean and pristen and the food was amazing. The resort as a whole was fabulous, there are lots of things to see and do.
Back to our wedding though. When we first meet with Elly (the resorts wedding coordinator) we were happily surpised. She was so wonderful. She made sure everything was perfect for us from finding a room for me to get ready in closer to the location of the ceramony to the rose peddle heart in the sand at the reception.
We are already planning on returning to the Royal Suites for our first anniversary!

4 Thank travelbug2344

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (902)
san antonio, tx
Reviewed 1 May 2009

This is a very beautiful resort from the outside and for the price. However, that's where the enchantment ends. The food was horrible (All inclusive) we got food poisening twice during our stay (6 days). Our room was mediocre at the least. The sliding glass door would not close completely (Left a gap of one inch and would not lock). They could not repair it and refused to exchange our room. The room safe did not work. Maids would not heed the "Do not Disturb" sign and would knock on your door any way, and then only do a bad cleaning job. The staff was inconsiderate, rude and often times hostile. My wife and I speak very fluent Spanish, so language was not the problem. On check out, I paid extra to check out at 5:00 pm instead of 12:00 since our flight wasn't until 9:00 pm. I was called 3 time between 9:00 am and 1 pm reminding me to check out. When I told the individual (Female) of the arrangements she would hang up. Upon check out, I advised the desk manager of what ocurred. A female was on duty along with the manager. She had the stones to call me a liar, and continued to do so even after my wife and son told the manager that a women from the front desk had called 3 times. The manager just stood there and let her call me and my family liars. I couldn't believe it. I have spent enormous amounts of time at 1 to 6 star hotels, my work is on the road around the world. This was the worst experience I've ever had and would NOT recommend ANYBODY to stay at this so called resort. If you can afford it go to the Four Season's if not, go into Punte de Mita. There are some nice hotels on the beach or stay in Puerto Vallarta, stay out of the Palladium Resort. Very Low Class and not worth any savings or offer. I spent 20 days in the area of Puerto Vallarta and Punte de Mita and stayed at 3 other hotels, all were great with great service. This was our last hotel and ended the trip with a nasty experience.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank lshenderson2009
B.C.Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2009

We arrived about 3 p.m. at Resort.Transfer from Skyservice Aircraft needed 2 buses.Welcome Drink and Fast check in by Claudia at Desk.
Because we were returning guests we were Upgraded to Bldg.#3,Newly remodeled at NO extra cost.

Room: Fantastic View from top, 3rd floor,with flat screen t.v. free large safe.fridge with Pop and Water Only.NO Beer(only the Royal Suites get beer). Room was kept spotless .Quiet bldg.,but a further walk to Lobby ,Pools ,Beach etc. .On our 2nd. day we received a bottle of chilled Champane and Choco.Strawberries from Management !!

Meals: We went to 3 Specialty Restaurants, You can now go to as many as you wish.
We enjoyed all 3.
Viva Mexico (we got VIP table on outside deck-Wow)
Bambu -Asian.and Porfofino-Mediterranean.
We did NOT go to the Beach BBQ.
Buffet at ElBosque was good at all times. Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner. Never hungry and different Theme Nights daily. On the Asian theme night ,On Tues.nights, we had the BEST RIBS ever.,with No sand blowing in the food ,like at the Beach bbq. Lol.
You can get a "Made to order Pizza" done ..
Snack Bar by the Main Pool (Las Terrazas) had fantastic Rotis.Chicken, plus good burgers(ask for well done) hot dogs,pizzas, fries,ice cream etc. etc.
Ricardo tried to keep the birds away.Lol
We did not have anything at the other Snack Bar by the Main Lobby Bar.

Pools: Loved the Salt-Water Pool. Almost full for 3 days, then drained, then last 3 days Full and overflowing. Just great.
Adult Quiet Pool: Enjoyed it Untill the Drunks arrived on our 2nd. week.from Canada. They got fantastic sell off deals and got every last cents worth of booze. One person was arrested for Damaged Room.too bad not more were thrown out of the Resort. This was the Only Let Down of the whole trip. We found it awful behavior and made us ashamed to be from Canada. Resort Needs to Control these Drunks better. We found out that several were issued Warning Letters,so they did seem to tone down a little the last few days of their week.
Main Pool:seemed too busy so spent most time at the Beach.

Entertainment: was Great.Costumes New all around, Clowns, Vegas night, glamor night.International night, and the best Mexican night.,plus a casino night and others.

Hubby won metals for winning at Bocci Ball. He Played Pool in the Lobby Snack Bar with a young boy,and had a hard time winning. Lol.
Lots and lots to keep the whole family busy at this resort.

Bars: Loved Meningways Bar.Comfortable sofas and good drinks.
Met lots of new and returning guests. Victor was the Best Bartender.,they are moved around, so he worked the Main Pool and Lobby bar lots as he is FAST. Fantastic fellow. Francia and Tony were super friendly too.

Staff: all were very friendly and helpful, they do all they can to please.

Bus: took the local bus to Bucierias town and the New Mega Store, 10 peso of $1.00 usa each way. Fun Ride.
Desk will break down Large Peso bills into smaller ones for tips when asked.

We truly enjoyed our Trip and will Return to Palladium .
Lots of Kids and saw some all dressed up in Costumes one Day a Lunch

12 Thank JoLeen2
Montreal Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2009

When we arrived check in took a long time since there was just one employee at 3 am at the front desk. Our room was very old and in a bad condition, the toilet was not even flushing. After we where transfer to another room where we shared a door with the people next door, who were smoking and all the smoke went into our room. Make sure to ask them for the rooms located in tower #3 since those are the only ones worth a 4 star category, maybe a 5 but in general, the service was so, so.
The people staying at the Royal Suites which is an upgraded category in general had a private pool, private restaurants and a reservation guaranteed at the other restaurants. So is kind of not so nice to see that, unfortunately i got transfer to the upgraded rooms after a 5 day stay, because all i wanted was to be send back home instead, and then is when the manager decided to give us an up-grade for our last night!!
The gym equipment is really old, and all of the machines where rusted, almost dangerous to use!!
The only good thing about the place is the food, but make sure you have a reservation!!! Certainly a 3 star hotel!!

3 Thank AngelaMontrealCanada
vancouver
Reviewed 27 April 2009

For anyone who is going for an all inclusive to Puerto Vallarta, this hotel is worth the trip. First off we left from Vancouver and the flight was short, always a bonus. We arrived at the hotel and were very pleased with the landscape and the area. The beach was beautiful (not Cancun white sand) but lots of beach to enjoy, if you are a surfer there are awesome waves to surf. For swimmers the ocean was warm enough to cool off in after you sizzle under the sun.
The Rooms: this was our only initial concern we checked in and we a little disappointed with the superior rooms, they were a little older and me and my fiancé had two queens instead of a nice king. We wanted to upgrade to the royal suites but it was about $50US to upgrade a night and to be honest we really didn't spend that much time in the room so it was a waste of money to upgrade. We had friends that stayed at the Suites and they were really beautiful, so if you can do the upgrade through your travel agent for cheaper DO IT!!!
The Restaurants: The buffet was really good, lots of variety and each night they did different themes. There are also 3 other restaurants. Italian was okay but there had a lot of cheese in most of their dishes. Mexican I was really excited about trying this one out because I love Mexican food, but it was so disappointing. Japanese (BAMBU) WOW this was an amazing restaurant we went twice and are still craving for more. Highly recommend ordering the sour chicken soup, rolls and veggie tempura it was so good. They also had a BBQ on the beach the ambiance was great and the ribs were tasty. However the BBQ had only 2 seating times so we waited between seating’s and got really hungry so try to plan accordingly. ALSO make sure that men bring dress pants and women bring skirts because they have strict rules about dress clothes at the à la carte.
The Pools: there are three pools one exclusive to the royal suites, the family pool and the adult only infinity pool (this one was my favourite)
Nightly entertainment: I have a high expectation for the nightly shows because I used to dance in a hotel just like this one in Cancun, so I was a little disappointed because the shows were boring and not the best dancers, to make up for it the resort had a different live band every night so it was nice to sit around and listen to the music. There was also a disco if you wanted to go and have more fun.
THE SPA: we didn't get around to getting pampered, but our friends who went for a full body message said it was well worth it. The spa aslo allows you to use the jacuzzi for free if you book in a time slot.
OVERALL IT WAS A GREAT VACATION AND VERY RELAXING. If you want to just get away and enjoy the sun this is the place to go to.

3 Thank VnDluvPlaya
British Columbia
Reviewed 23 April 2009

Just came back from our second trip (in 2 years) to Palladium. The resort is still very nice, great food, and service. Went scuba diving at Marietas, 2 dives for $105.00 I was trying to book some diving before I left canada, but the best deal was actually at the resort. By the large pool they have a scuba lessons and you can book you trip right there. I am not sure about other locations but Marietas is great place to dive. Snorkeling is great just off the resort. How come I was the only one snorkeling ???!!! There was so many beautiful fish ! I spend 5 hours in the water. If you going right now I recomend 3/4 wet suit cause it gets cold after a while... The only negative experience was when security guys kicked me out of the adult pool after 12 am !!! What is wrong with ppl ?? it is adult pool the bar was closed and no one could go in after midnight ???!!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Powderjunke
wisconsin
Reviewed 23 April 2009

things we found wrong with the trip are as follows:

1. Key did not work in the room - we spent at least 2 hours going back and forth from the front desk to our room trying to get it to work. Finally we told them fix it, let us know when it's done and we will take the key. They sent me up to the room with the maintenance guy who spoke absolutely no English whatsoever. He had to jiggle and wiggle the key over and over again to get it to work. Finally, i figured out exactly how to wiggle the key to get it to work. no one else could use the key except me.

2. Air conditioning did not work in the room. We called the front desk at 3pm on the day we checked in. They did not come to fix it until after we went to the front desk and really complained about it. Finally at 9:30pm, they came up to the room and fixed it.

3. Towels. We had 4 people in the room. We NEVER received 4 towels from housekeeping. We called the front desk multiple times and finally again received the towels at 9:30pm. Every day, we had to call for more towels. One day, we only received 2 towels!

4. Friendliness of the staff. With the exception of Alberto at the breakfast and lunches, no one was even remotely friendly. Very very standoffish. Borderline rude even. The bartenders were terrible. They did not know how to make any drinks, even the ones in their books! They also did not put hardly any alcohol in the drinks, even if you asked for extras. And the cups? very very small.

5. Restaurants - we could only eat at the buffett or at the beach because the kids didn't bring long pants. I would have thought it would have been listed for us to bring dress clothes if that is what was expected? We were not allowed to push tables together to eat.... there were 7 of us? what did they expect us to do? The lunch at the poolside restaurant was not good. The bees were terrible, the birds were constantly eating off the buffett (is that even sanitary?) and the food was dried and hard.

6. Excursions - we took three, City tour - good, deep sea fishing - the guys liked it alot, and horseback riding. The horseback riding started off bad. We took a taxi to the place for pickup. it was supposed to cost us $17USD. it was $44 USD. that was a huge shock. then when we were returning, the tour dropped us off on a street corner to catch another cab? and that one was $35USD. completely unprofessional I thought. And the tips, we had to tip everyone and their brother! The guide, the driver, the ranch hands, the waiters..... it had to have cost us at least another $50-60 in tips that day. I'm all for tipping people for a service well done. but to be asked for multiple tips throughout the day? unprofessional.

All in all, i don't think it was even close to being a 5 apple resort. I've gone on numerous Apple vacations in the past and i've always used the apple rating to determine my hotel stays. I'm an admitted hotel snob. This was not 5 apple by any stretch of the imagination.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank loricoon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#39 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
#17 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
#17 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!