Iberostar Playa Mita
Imanta Resort(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$5,483
US$5,355
W Punta de Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$607
Hotels.com
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$250
  • Breakfast included
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$2,483
US$1,593
  • Pool
Casa De Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$946
US$922
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Meson de Mita(Punta de Mita)
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,354 results
All reviewspacific expressstar friendsfrench restaurantspa roomcigar barocean frontel nopalswim up barspecialty restaurantsbike tourdressel diversentertainment staffgolf courseother resortschairs and umbrellaskids clubpool games
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014

First time to all inclusive and first time to Mexico. At New years. IPM was a great experience as the property was new, clean, and under half occupied. The buffet had lots of good choices. Often better than the on site restaurants. Rooms were spacious. I would go back. Biggest issues are the cold pool water and messy beach. I am hoping they decide to bring up the temp on the pool as no one spent much time in it. Likely the beach will become a priority once the place fills up.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FactoringGuy
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Playa Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the Management team we would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the rest of the online community your experience at our hotel.

It is a cause of satisfaction to hear that you have had a wonderful holiday in Playa Mita, and very gratifying to hear that your first all inclusive experience in Mexico exceeded your expectations.

We would like to let you know that we have already installed the heating equipment necessary for the pool, to be used during the winter season, we hope you are able to enjoy it on your next visit to IBEROSTAR Playa Mita.

We hope to see you soon.

Best regards,

IBEROSTAR Mexico.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and I were looking for a place to go for a quick 4 day trip and came across a great deal online for this resort. The price was very reasonable and it had solid reviews so away we went. The hotel picked us up from the airport, which was nice because there is so much unnecesary activity at the airport. Be warned, the cost is $100 per person roundtrip, but the price isnt too far off from other companies so just budget accordinly. The property is new and it is wonderfully decorated. The lobby area, pool area, rooms, restaurants, etc, are all new and look really great. The beach is private and quiet and the ocean water was nice and warm. I think its a great value for what I paid but there were some things that I think were a little disappointing.

The service was ok but not great. The bartenders at the pool area, do a really good job of acknowleding everyone and engaging the customers, no complaints there. They need more people to service the beach area though. There seemed to be only 1 waitress servicing that area and it took forever to get anything and lots of people just went to get drinks/food themselves. Not an indictment on the servers, just think they need more of them. Also the beach chairs are uncomfortable, they should really jazz up their beach furniture to match the look of the rest of the hotel. The service at the buffet (particularly for breakfast, lunch wasnt as bad) was less than stellar. What I found is if you arrive to the breakfast or lunch buffet within the last hour its open, expect little to no service. Everyone is focused on getting ready for the next meal (understandable given the small amount of time) but people still expect service at all times. I had to ask for water (again I had no waiter that asked me), and the waitress did not bother to ask did we need anything else,just put the water on the table, walked away and never came back to the table. We had to take silverware from another table, not a huge deal, but still. At the Mexican restaurant, my wife ordered a dish that was described as being "beef and pork tacos", but received a dish with only pork. When we questioned the waiter he said, the dish doesnt contain beef, just pork. He asked the chef about it and the chef repeated the same nonsense. We asked to see the menu again, and showed them that it clearly said "pork and beef". They were suprised and said "noone had ever brought this up before". They did bring her another dish so that was appreciated but how can pork and beef tacos have only pork, lol. Also, I witnessed an employee at the buffet leave the restroom without washing their hands and they were leaving the toilet, if you catch my drift. No bueno.
The food was similiar to the service, ok but not great. It will get you through but not anything to get excited about. I will say the Spanish buffet night was pretty good and I had no complaints besides the paella was not great. Lots of things lacked flavor. The pork tacos she had that night were dry and flavorless, and there were several other dishes I had that lacked any flavor whatsoever. Also there were several desserts that didnt really taste like anything. The Tres Leches cake was essentially wet bread since it had no taste. The appetizers at the Mexican restaurant were good, and some of the dishes at the French restaurant were delicious, although the snapper had no real taste.
Overall, I think it is a really nice hotel that has great potential if they can address the service issues and improve the food. It was a great value, and I would consider returning, but only if the price was right.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pushamarc

Dear customer,

We would like to extend our appreciation for choosing IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts once again, we thank you for taking the time to express your opinion about your stay. Please rest assured that your comments are certainly being taken in consideration.

Please accept our sincere apology regarding the waitressing and food service your experienced. We will pass your comments onto our kitchen staff to review these points.

Once again thank you for your observations. We will be glad to welcome you back to our resort!

Receive warm greetings.

IBEROSTAR Mexico.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Just got back from a 6 night stay at Iberostar Playa Mita and we really had the time of our lives!! We went as a family of 4 with our two girls, ages 5 and 8, and they had the BEST time ever.

High points:
- Location / view: Beautiful view and the beach far exceeded my expectations as far as beauty. The rooftop bar at sunset is breathtaking.
- Lots to do: Between the massive pool, water park for kids, and beach there were a ton of things to do.
- Kids' Club: My daughters LOVED it. They went for approximately 1.5 - 2 hours a day and it was a nice break for them and for us. Candy and Brenda were amazing with the kids. It's open approximately 10:15am - 4:30pm.
- Kids' Water park: Perfect for all ages, my girls never tired of the slides in the water park and had the BEST time playing in it!
- Kids' Show at 8pm: Every night there is a Kids' Show on the Big Stage run by Candy and Brenda. Kids get to dance and play games. My girls wanted to participate every night. They loved it.
- Housekeeping. Very thorough and timely. Impressive.
- Comfortable rooms. I was surprised that the beds and linens were so comfortable. We slept really well.
- Oceanview rooms. We had an ocean view room on the 4th floor. It was right by the elevator, so I was a tad worried about noise, but our room was surprisingly quiet and we were never awakened by hearing other guests. Initially they put us in an ocean view room overlooking the kids water park, and I asked if we could find something a little more quiet as I knew we would be spending a lot of time at the water park and Arturo at the front desk worked to find me a perfect room.
- Dining service. At the buffet and at the restaurants, the servers were fabulous and attentive.
- Tacos by the pool. Some days they cooked tacos out by the pool around 2pm and they were AMAZING. By far my favorite!
- Value. Geesh, for what we paid and the entertainment, food, alcohol, and facilities, this resort is an amazing value.
- Snorkeling excuision. My daughter and I paid $60pp to take a jet ski and do an hour snorkel excursion to the adjacent reefs. Awesome experience, and worth it!
-Comfortable pool lounge chairs.

To be aware of:

- Food. We found food overall to be "okay". We didn't have an OUTSTANDING meal at any of the restaurants. The Mexican Restaurant we both had a terrible meal, same as Steakhouse. I had a really salty salmon, and my husband's steak was almost inedible. The Japanese Restaurant was the best in our opinion, and a fun experience to watch him cook in front of you. The rest of the nights we ate at the buffet because of the number of choices for the kids. Buffet was actually pretty good, but I recommend getting things cooked to order, as some of the other stuff was cold. But overall great selection at the buffet, and the kids loved it, and we really didn't care about gourmet meals, so it didn't bother us too much that we didn't find the food to be amazing.

- Kids' Club closes at 4:30pm. I hoped there would be an evening Kids' Club option so my husband and I could go to dinner alone one night, but the only option is baby-sitting, which you pay for and we didn't use because I didn't want a babysitter, would have preferred to check them into a kids' club with activities.

- Room Service. Room service had very limited options. There was only one dish to order at breakfast (fried eggs), but actually they were pretty good, so we did that two mornings. Another night we ordered room service at 5:30pm, but it didn't arrive until 6:45pm and the order was wrong and the food was cold. Room service fail! We hit the buffet and it was no big deal, but wanted to set expectations as far as room service.

- Pool was too warm. We went end of July and it was HOT. The pool during the day warmed up so much that it was almost like a warm bath. It would be nice if they cooled it on these hot days so it is more refreshing. We went down to the beach to "cool" off in the ocean and the ocean was just as warm!

Overall, a fabulous trip and we LOVED it! I would highly recommend the Iberostar Playa Mita for anyone looking for a great all-inclusive resort for families!

Room Tip: Recommend the ocean view rooms. The oceanfront also looked AMAZING. Ask for a room on the highest floor available, and if you want quiet, ask for a room situated in a quieter area.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Jennifer S
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Playa Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear guest,

We would like to extend warm greetings from IBEROSTAR Playa Mita and thank you very much for your detailed review about your stay with us. We are happy to read that you were able to enjoy our facilities and hospitality.

We appreciate that you shared with us the great experience that your daughters had with the Kids Club's team and we are also grateful for your highlight of the good job performed by our maids. It is important for us to know that we accomplished our most important goal: to meet and exceed your expectations, and to make of your stay your best vacation ever.

We are saddened to learn that our Room Service did not live up to your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by the delay on the delivery. Be sure that we will pass on your comments to the departments involved for their consideration in order to avoid delays in the future.
Similarly, we regret that your culinary experience at our a la carte restaurants was not entirely satisfactory. We will keep working hard on that point.
We were glad to read that you were able to enjoy the tacos by the pool, once again thank you for giving us the opportunity of being your host during your holidays and make it a memorable one.

We hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again in a near future at IBEROSTAR Playa Mita.

Best regards!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I do not usually write reviews, but we were so impressed, I thought we would share. We have been staying at all-inclusive resorts for the past 12 years now, mostly in the Caribbean. For a change, we thought we would try Puerto Vallarta. Boy are we glad we did. It doesn't happen to us very often, but every once in a while, you have a vacation where everything goes as planned. This one did. Since this resort is new, everything was very clean and well kept. All of the facilities worked, no broken elevators, no chips in glassware, chairs all new, etc. All of the staff were extremely attentive. Each of the concierges knew our names by the second day and greeted us as we passed by. Food was very good, rate it A-. Entertainment staff was good, but did not unnecessarily bother you at the pool, like some animation teams do. The only negative was a mix up at fine dining restaurant, where two tables were overlooked by the wait staff. When you make reservations, that should not happen. This was addressed with the management, who professionally addressed it. We have vowed never to return to a resort, because there are so many to chose from, but we would make an exception here. I highly recommend this resort. The surrounding area was nice and quiet, no touristy stuff. Quaint little fishing village nearby.

Room Tip: By all means, get a ocean view room. It is so worth it. I have never thought it justified the upcharge, but waking up to the beautiful sunrise and watching the sunset from your own balcony is absolutely wonderful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mik S

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for staying recently with us and for sharing your review with other travelers. We would also like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of being your host during your holidays.

Thank you so much for your comments on our restaurants, and the service provided by our dedicated staff.

We will happily share your comments with our staff and congratulate the Concierge team as they contributed to making your stay so special. It is gratifying to understand from your comments that you intend to return to our hotel.

We look forward to being able to offer you our hospitality again!

Best regards!

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I've never written a review before, but the service and attention we received at the Iberostar this past week was exceptional and really deserves credit.

The big, BIG advantage of this hotel is for the Marietas tour through island adventures. As the hotel is only 15 minutes by boat to the islands, the hotel charters a small speedboat (15 people) in the early hours and gets you to the hidden beach FIRST, before the two giant catamarans (each holding 130+ people) arrive. We had the beach to ourselves and were able to snorkel before everyone else arrived. The trip was also much shorter (3 hours vs 7 from Vallarta) as the boat travels much faster than the catamarans, so we were able to see everything the big boats saw in half the time. This was great for us as we were able to then also fit in the rhythms of the night tour on the same day!

I recommend swimming fast and sticking right behind the guide at the hidden beach stop so you're the first onto the beach, and can take the best photos, otherwise all your photos will have the rest of the tour group in them!

The Iberostar is quite a long way from Puerto Vallarta (approx 45 minutes) which is fantastic as the beach and the hotel is very secluded, but it does mean getting up a little earlier to go on tours and paying quite a lot for taxis (buses are impractical so cabs really take advantage- to get to Nuevo Vallarta for the rhythm of the night costs 430 pesos each way (2 people), and to drive 15 minutes for the Marietas trip cost us around 100 pesos for 2 in a shared 6 seater).

The food at this hotel was delicious, with particular highlights being the teppanyaki show at the Japanese restaurant, the Mexican food and the serving staff.

As there's only one swimming pool, it does get a little crowded at times but there was always enough space for us to float around unimpeded! There are staff constantly coming around taking drink orders as well which I thought was a nice touch.

I would like to thank three people in particular who made our trip memorable:

Abril from the PR department- it was my girlfriend's birthday on the day we arrived, and I spoke to Abril before we arrived to make some surprise arrangements. She was always available, responded quickly and gave me lots of suggestions for things I could do to surprise my girlfriend. She even arranged for the room to be decorated while we were out to dinner!
What we came back to absolutely blew my girlfriend away and far surpassed my expectations. There were balloons, towel animals, party hats, rose petals everywhere as well as the gifts I had arranged through Abril. They even threw in a bottle of champagne for us! I would definitely recommend contacting Abril if you want a celebration planned! Thank you again Abril!

Luis from the concierge desk- a really funny guy with a grin from ear to ear who tried very hard to accommodate our plans.

Felipe on the tour desk by reception-
Felipe really transformed our trip into something special. I contacted him before our arrival and he recommended booking onto the Marietas tour in advance which was extremely helpful. When we arrived he gave us the lowdown on the best tours and gave us lots of useful tips (like take bug spray to the outdoor adventure tour, and paying for cabs with pesos to save money). He really went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect for us, and made sure we knew which cabs to take, how much money we needed to bring and that we got everywhere on time. Iberostar has found a real gem and a gentleman in Felipe, so be sure to track him down for advice. Thank you again Felipe!

Every day the bedrooms were cleaned (twice!) until spotless and the fridges were restocked. The cleaning staff were very pleasant and always willing to help.

Another tip: allow much longer for room service at peak times (evenings- expect upwards of an hour wait). I imagine everyone orders midnight snacks at once!

Also, the hotel faces the sea and the ocean view rooms give you a fantastic view of the sun setting over the sea.

We were also able to book this holiday through airtransat which meant that airport transfer was included. This saved us a lot of hassle and allowed our journey to be completely pain free- the bus even stopped at the local corona factory (!!) for drinks and snacks so that we were comfortable for our journey!

Overall a fantastic holiday at a brilliant hotel with exceptional staff; I would highly recommend it.

Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Robin T
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Playa Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear guest,

We wish to extend warm greetings from sunny Litibú and thank you very much for expressing your opinion about your stay with us; we are happy to read that you were able to enjoy our facilities and hospitality.

IBEROSTAR Playa Mita is located on the North side of Bandera´s Bay, the new trendy destination in Mexico with pristine beaches and many secrets yet to be discovered.

Thank you for highlighting the friendliness and outstanding service provided by Abril, Luis and Felipe who of course will be congratulated as they have contributed to making your stay memorable.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you on your next visit.

Best regards,