“Great Vacation!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Calgary
“Great Vacation!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great spot! The hotel is new and well maintained. The staff are friendly and provide excellent service. Impressed with the beach as I was concerned it would be cold and too wavy to enjoy, it was warm and perfect! We stayed in a Ocean view room on the top floor. The views of the ocean and pool were great.

Did excursions to Punta Mita and Salulita, as well as zip lining. Tranquilo Surf in Punta Mita was fanfastic! We had them take us out on a boat to the Marietas Islands for snorkeling. It was a great trip and they were excellent tour guides.

Room Tip: Top floor ocean view rooms all the way.
7 Thank REF18
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Playa Mita, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences on Trip Advisor about your stay in IBEROSTAR Playa Mita.

Your opinion of our premises and the service that you received from our team, is highly appreciated.

We are pleased to know that you were able to enjoy so much of what the Bandera´s Bay has to offer.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back soon.

Our best regards,
IBEROSTAR México

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (844)
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Every summer, my family (2 adults, 2 children - aged 10 and 5) goes on an All Inclusive vacation. In June, we went to Aruba, but came back home feeling like we didn't bring back any culture, so we decided a trip to Mexico. We have been to MX several times, and every time, the service is excellent. The Iberostar Playa Mita, was amazing. Considering how new it was, there were barely any glitches. We got an Oceanview Deluxe room, and in my opinion it was worth the extra bit. The property itselt is very spreadout, so you might want to put in a request to be closer to a certain area, if getting from point a to point b is an issue. For us, I thought it was good excercise, walking to the buffet everyday. The shows were ok....we have seen better in Mexico, but for as new as the property is, I think they do a good job. Candy in the Kids Club is super amazing. You can tell, just from the way she communicates with the kids, that she loves her job. Bryant (Zumba instructor) was fantastic as well....I did Zumba every day at 4 pm with him. We celebrated our son's 10th birthday there, and everyone made it very special. My son was called on to the stage at the end of one of their shows and the performers sang "Happy Birthday". They also gave him a special slice of cake for his birthday at the restarant.

Francisco (worked the grill at the Buffet), knew exactly what I wanted every time I stopped at his station. He had so much passion. He remembered exactly how I liked my fish.

Another neat thing about this property was that they had at least 5 Concierge desks, strategically positioned. So, there was no need to stop at the FD for anything. And the Concierge, especially Reyna and Monica, we excellent.

The 1 thing that I think people should know, going to this property is that it is tucked away. We have been to MX several times, so it wasn't that important to do excursions. We took a cab to Sayulita 1 day (300 pesos one way), my son did some surfing, my husband got a massage on the beach and I got my hair braided. There is a public bus that goes to Puerto Vallarta from outside the hotel, but I didn't want to do it, because i was an hr ride.
Also, if you want to do jet skiing, there is a vendor to the right of the hotel (facing the beach), who has very reasonable rates...we paid $40 for 30 mins for my husband and 10yr (as my son had to ride with an adult).

And the hotel has free wifi!

Although everyone provided excellent service, these are the names that I took down: Wendolin (HSKP), Monica and Reyna (Concierge), Brenda and Candy (Kids Club), Armando Tapai, Bryant, Armando (Entertainment), Jenny, Emily, George and Les (singers), Arturo and Erubey (Front desk), Francisco (grill), Sandro and Vidal (Buffet).

No complaints about this property at all.

Room Tip: I'd recommend staying above the ground floor...lots of lttle crabs every where. We stayed on the...
8 Thank Kavitha S
Dear guest,

We wish to extend warm greetings from IBEROSTAR Playa Mita and thank you very much for posting your opinion about your stay with us.

We are pleased to read that you were able to enjoy our facilities and hospitality. We are grateful for your positive comments in relation to the high level service provided by our dedicated staff.

We will congratulate Wendolin, Monica, Reyna, Brenda, Candy, Armando, Bryant, Jenny, Emily, George, Les, Arturo, Erubey, Francisco, Sandro and Vidal as they have contributed to a wonderful vacation.

Once again, thank you for your comments. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Sunny regards,
IBEROSTAR México
UK
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel is great located on a huge beach which has only one other hotel on it takes about 1 hour to get to from the airport rooms are a good size and cleaned every day had a t shirt go missing from the room which we think went out with the change of towels and sheets the management are looking into it (still waiting), food is good we liked the pacific express best the steak is fantastic the evening shows are professional and a live band in the lobby bar at night.
The beach is great plenty of sun beds and the guy is the to help with the umbrellas every day won’t let you do a thing he work very hard just like the rest of the staff , the down side of the beach are the vendors who are up and down all day long you tell them no thanks but they still wake you up trying to sell you some fake silver DONT BUY IT on one day the police arrived I’ve never seen them move so fast Olympic standard none are licensed , if you want to go snorkelling use the dive centre the cost of taxis to the main hotel zone are expensive,
Recommended

1 Thank petere1234
Dear customer,

We would like to extend our appreciation for choosing IBEROSTAR Playa Mita. Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion about your stay.

We are pleased to know that our facilities were of your liking, thank you for your nice words regarding our restaurants, the evening shows and night entertainment.

In addition to the snorkel activity, we would like to comment that our guests can also find many more options of things to do outside the hotel, and some of them with transportation included. The Iberoservice desk is open daily and our guests will be gladly assisted to make an exciting and fun program that will provide you with memorable moments from your holidays in Mexico.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you again at this beautiful location.

Receive warm greetings!!
London
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel in June 14 and it was an incredible experience. From the magnificent lobby to the well manicured grounds, everything was on point. Very quiet resort, hardly much people which meant staff could cater to you personally. The staff were all welcoming and friendly. Your rooms were cleaned twice a day. I would recommend that you stay on an all inclusive basis- you will save so much money. This includes obvious breakfast (great choices), lunch & dinner (food was ok but not much variety) replenished drinks in your fridge everyday; a choice of four la carte restaurants, I would recommend the steak restaurant; use of water sport facilities- jet skis etc, free 24hrs room service including food. I have stayed at many hotels and would have been charged for at least one or more of these facilities. Now I have seen some dodgy, cheesy entertainment at other hotels but the entertainment staff at this hotel are AMAZING! They have a dedicated theatre stage at night with different entertainments- make sure you check out the MJ performance. I only stayed for one week but wished I stayed longer. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone. Tip: Not fault of hotel but if you are booking excursions, try to book ones that include transport or share taxis with other guests. Taxis are VERY expensive- £20 ($33) ONE WAY. There is some kind of dispute between taxi firms and tour operators which is the reason for this but don't let it deter you from going

• Stayed June 2014
Dear guest,

On behalf of all our staff and Management team, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Playa Mita for your vacations.

We appreciate your nice words regarding the hotel facilities, staff and services. We are pleased to know that you were able to enjoy so much the nightly shows, so we will congratulate the Entertainment Team for their good performance.

Once again, thank you for sharing your review, it would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back soon.

Our best regards,
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is my fourth trip to Mexico in two years and I wanted to find a resort that would be consider luxurious since I am 20 weeks pregnant and can only do so much. We purchased this package from Transat Holidays and was quite pleased. The flight was direct, the transfer from the airport to the hotel was fast and air conditioned. My husband and I were happy to not have to pay for a taxi or shuttle since it was included in our deal.

Tips/FYIs:
- The hotel is very clean and modern. The resort is big but not overly big. It is very walkable.
- Food is good! We found the buffet and the Japanese restaurant were the best. The steakhouse was not bad but it's not comparable to steak we are use to back home.
- The 24 hour room service does not include drinks. The menu is very limited but doable. There is a fully stocked mini fridge but found it was not cold enough. No worries because there is an ice machine on every floor.
- The gym was nicely air-conditioned and was not too busy. The equipment is all new.
- The pool is large and yes, there are a few kids in it but they were all very well behaved. The swim up bar was always too busy so we just walked up from the pool to the other side of the bar to get our drinks - no big deal though!
- Wi-Fi is free which is a huge bonus. Late at night we would watch Netflix movies from our laptop.
- There was no bath tub in our room. Make sure to request a room with one if you prefer a bath.
- At the lounge bar if you sit down and order drinks, they will provide you with a bowl of popcorn which was nice for our card game sessions. There is also live music in the lounge bar.
- The store in the resort is a bit pricey for things (as expected). Make sure to bring enough sun screen or you will be paying $30.00 USD for a bottle.
- Yes, there are these little beetle/spider looking bugs that come out at night in the hallways. They are just visually unappealing but the resort does a great job killing them and sweeping them up. They do not bite or fly at you.
- We paid for an ocean view and I had even asked the front desk to make sure that our room would have even the tiniest view of it and we were assured that all the rooms can see the ocean. Obviously this did not turn out to be true. She gave us room #1233 which overlooked a grassy field. A little disappointing but it just made us stay at the pool longer during the day.
- The beds are SO comfy! We dubbed it as the "vortex" since a mid day nap turned out to be a 3 hour sleep for the both of us. The mattress, the blanket and the pillows were amazing! The room was perfectly air-conditioned and the fan above our bed gave a nice breeze while sleeping.
- Blue beach towels can be exchanged in the hut beside the pool.
- There was never a wait for beach chairs. The hotel was about 70% at capacity.
- No timeshare hassles and no locals taking over which was very nice!
- There was a complimentary fruit platter and a bottle of tequila for us in our room upon arrival. Bonus!

I hope that helps everyone! Overall, we would recommend this resort if you re looking to relax as a couple or as a family. It is not a resort for the party rowdy bunch.

Room Tip: Make sure to be pushy for room with an ocean view. I asked multiple times and was reassured that all...
10 Thank Lis_wm
Dear guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity of being your host to celebrate your baby moon. We would like to thank you greatly for taking the time to share your relaxing experience with us at IBEROSTAR Playa Mita.

We appreciate your valuable comments on our services and our restaurants, and are very glad to read that you were able to enjoy the welcome amenity as well as the view and the drinks from the lounge bar.

However, we offer our apologies about the misunderstanding at the Front Desk and happy you enjoyed your room after all. This point will be reviewed with our Manager. Likewise, we are grateful about your comment on the room service menu and please be assured that we will pass it on to our Food & Beverages Department.

It is essential for us to know our guests’ opinions and see if we are accomplishing our most important goal, which is to meet our guests’ expectations.

Thank you again for sharing your opinion and for recommending our resort. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in your next visit here at IBEROSTAR Playa Mita.

Receive a friendly HOLA from sunny Litibú!!

Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Iberostar is an excellent resort. This review is written from the point of view of a couple in their 50s who have stayed at 10 different resorts in the Caribbean and Mexico . I have added hopefully “helpful tips” in many of the categories below.

The location - located 25 miles from Puerto Vallarta International Airport. Fortunately we booked through the Canadian Air Transat and so the transfer was included. Otherwise it can be an expensive trip. There is a golf course next to the resort but beyond that it is a costly ($40 one way) taxi ride to go shopping to Bucerias or Puerto Vallarta.
Tip – arrange transfers before arriving!

Customer Service was delivered consistently at a high level whether at the front desk or at one of the five bars. One of the best tests of the service level is when something goes wrong but we had absolutely NO problems throughout the week. One of the ladies at the concierge desk consistently greeted us by name (thank you Reyna!). Others recognized us as well.
Tip – Find Reyna as she is the best!
Rooms – we had an awesome 4th floor room with some ocean view. It was quiet and the housekeeping was excellent. It is a treat to stay in a “new” resort. The bedding was average sheets with extra pillows. The mattress was too soft for our liking but probably was perfect for others. There were facecloths! Bath Amenities – housecoats, supply of shampoo but no special toiletry pouches such as at other 5 star All-inclusives.
Tip – bring your own shampoo and conditioner!

Food and Drink - While an extensive buffet can be a big attraction for some, I look for quality over quantity. There was a lot of variety and the desserts were the absolute best! The quality of the baking was better than at many of the resorts.
Tip – take time to scout out every corner of the buffet area; there are some hidden treasures

Concierge Service – excellent service in arranging dinners at the a la cartes (4 to choose from). Tip - Long pants for men required at one formal dining restaurant. Also book your special dinners as soon as you arrive.

Pool Service – one hard working staff member who was excellent in servicing us with drinks; beautiful pools that were well maintained;
Tip – bring gigantic plastic clothespins that can hold your towel to your lounge chair

The resort is well laid out and accommodates wheelchairs. The grounds are well maintained and beautiful. The only suggestion I would make is to have more signage to the beach.

In summary, this is an excellent resort that has worked hard to serve its customers. Good job to everyone involved at Iberostar. Thanks for an excellent vacation. (and excellent value for your vacation dollar!)

Room Tip: spend a little more to get a room above the ground level.
3 Thank Ka--Alberta
Dear guest.

We appreciate very much your high opinion about our premises and the service that you always received from our staff.

Our staff always extend a cordial welcome to all guests visiting our hotel, where we want you to feel at home, and we do our best to serve you with the excellence you deserve.

Thank you so much for your positive comments on our high quality service, our facilities, and restaurants. We will gladly share your review with our staff and will congratulate Reyna and the Housekeeping team, given that they contributed to your having a lovely vacation.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity of being your host, needless to say, we will be more than happy to welcome you in your next visit.

Receive a warm greeting from Riviera Nayarit,

Pico Rivera, California
Reviewed 4 August 2014

First of all I would like to thank everyone at this resort on making the best out of our stay, all of the staff members work really hard all around the clock. This place is amazing, it is way far away from Puerto Vallarta, which is well known for party goers, this resort is isolated and for a good reason, it is paradise. The resort grounds are spectacular, the staff makes you feel at home as soon as you check in. Everyone greets you anytime they pass you, this is the service you get for a five star resort, and they deserve that five star resort recognition. It is a great place for families too, it has a small kids pool area, with slides for the kiddos, a larger area beyond that for everyone, including the kiddos, another small pool for basketball and polo players. The wet bar area is very good, the bartenders do go out of their way to please you, and also know you by name. You hardly notice the time passing by since there are activities for everyone, from yoga, salsa dance class, merengue dance class, bingo and other stuff.

Our room had a partial ocean view with a balcony, we loved the distance from the pools, away but not too far. The beds are very comfortable, the A/C is very good, and the maid service is spectacular.

The beach, oh man, that beach is wonderful. No big waves here, which is a plus to relax. The water is clear, and there were small schools of fishes swimming around you. The water temperature was very comfortable, even after a small thunderstorm it was still good. We came in during the middle of the week, and that was a good decision since there is less people in the resort and it feels more like an oasis than a hotel. We never had a dull moment during our stay.

The food is not the best in the world, but it is delicious if you are not a food aficionado. The Japanese restaurant is like a Benihanas, food is good and it was entertaining to watch the cook make your meal in front of you. The steakhouse can use a little change, it did not have that "steakhouse" feeling, only a few options on you steaks, and the place is used for a between meals place, meaning that you can go there for snacks during the time changes of the other buffet area. Speaking of buffet, the buffet restaurant is good, food was hot and ready, basically the same each day but no complaining there, you eat what they serve and you move on. They do offer late night snacks in this buffet area though, after dancing at their disco, which closes at 3 am, but most of the time the disco was empty, since most party goers come in during the weekend. The Mexican restaurant was our favorite, the food was great, the atmosphere was great, the appetizers were great, even the staff was great. We didn't have a chance to experience the Gourmet restaurant.

The grounds offer a lot of different things for everyone, from a coffee shop, to a billiards room. The teen club is open late, which you can either play video games, or check your email, or just read a book next door in the quiet library. There is also a smoke room, which offers purchasing of different types of cigars, including Cuban cigars ( we didn't try them since we don't smoke). There is also a different show at 9:30 pm each night at their theater, which was very entertaining. The disco is next door, but like I mentioned that most of the time was pretty dead, but we had fun either way.

Overall, this place is great for families, couples, singles and friends. You will not be bored at all, you can either relax all the time, or be part of some activity. You can enjoy drinking all the time, or take it easy and enjoy the life, enjoy the beautiful sunsets also, which are very beautiful. Take a nap, or take a dancing class, it is you time and it is all well worth it. Thanks again, Star friends, waiters, maids, bus boys and everyone at Iberostar Punta Mita for making our vacation stay a wonderful stay. We will make sure to come back with our boys to enjoy the wonderful paradise you have built.

Room Tip: The only true ocean views at the end of the resort, facing the ocean. All other buildings, from seco...
Dear guest.

We are honored to know that you consider IBEROSTAR Playa Mita your favorite destination.

Thank you so much for your positive comments on our facilities, activities, restaurants, and high level of service.We are so pleased to know that you were able to enjoy our resort and our pristine beach.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you again here to this little slice of paradise.

We send you warm greetings,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#40 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Resort & Spa
Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Reso...
#1 of 2 in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
#17 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Hotel Riu Palace Pacifico
Hotel Riu Palace Pacifico
#13 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Iberostar Playa Mita? Share your experiences!