“SPECIAL THX TO MANAGEMENT FOR THE ASSIST...WE ARE NOW HAPPY CAMPERS”

Best Western Ne Kie Tepic
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Tepic
Reviewed 7 March 2014

after reading some of the reviews posted here by fellow travelers...thx you all by the way....
we decided to take the chance and stay here....to save a few bucks we booked with expedia which is generally good for a savings
...but this time the hotel was less expensive...should always call first..
so we arrive and check in and we are given the worst room ever imaginable
paint is coming off the walls .theres rust on all the door jams ,stains on the carpets ..you get the idea...well it turns out the whole place is under a remodel...
we are so tired the first night we crash/sleep and the next morning we ask the managers why we were given this ugly room
turns out no one got the memo not to rent that room out ...
only one person at the hotel speaks english her name is jessica
she communicated to the boss that we would liiek to exchange rooms and just like that we were upgraded to a jr suite
all you have to do is ask
the complex is very nice and the breakfast buffet is great as well
thx to one person we are happy campers again
please do not stay in room 04 06 08 if you come before may
they are still under construction
we now have a mini fridge and a flat screen tv
before we had a tv from 1976
i recommend this hotel now
where on the first day i was ready to check out and sleep in the park!!
enjoy

Room Tip: choose room 22 or 24
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Lovely balconies, old fashioned elegance, 3 pools, 2 for kids, nice people. I stayed at another hotel called Fiesta Inn in Tepic and it was so awful. We were glad to find this place with a playground, good buffet, pools, and nice clean rooms!

Room Tip: Best in Tepic! All the rooms are nice!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayed a single night at Ne Kie while visiting a friend in Tepic. It's an average hotel by Western standards, decent for short stays. A bit like an older Holiday Inn in the U.S. I did find it a bit expensive at least for what you get, especially since it's not a resort.

The location was very good, central to everything and easy to find.

The room seemed clean, if a bit dated on furnishings. The bed was very firm, and somewhat uncomfortable since I am used to pillow top type mattresses. Bathroom was bit unusual layout and decor, but no issues with it. The breakfast buffet was decent.

I did not have high expectations since all I was looking for was a bed for the night, and it did meet my expectations there. If you are passing through Tepic and need an overnight place to stay, it's good.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank mpgyvr
Reviewed 17 December 2011

The hotel is showing its age, dirt everywhere in the room, cockroach behind the dresser the two days I stayed. Good bfast buffet, close to the bus terminal, good Internet. Party poolside with large band with huge speakers went on until 2:00 am. Front desk seemed Unconcerned. Brown water in the pipes and the tub.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank jchgpr
Reviewed 20 January 2010

I was at the Nekié in December for business and I saw they are in a new administration, they are improving many areas of the hotel.
The breakfast buffet is very good and they have nice Orchids all over the lobby. The Wifi at the room was a bit unstable but I did have internet in my room.
It has some really nice, Mexican hand made details on the decoration that make the hotel a very original place.
They need to improve the service, but as I saw, they are working hard on getting the Nekie back on track.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Monterrey, México
Reviewed 14 May 2006

If you want to feel like at home in every aspect, meaning food, drinks, service, and comfort stay at Ne Kié Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 February 2006

If you like being taken and deceived then choose the Ne Kie. They bill themselves as the only 5 star hotel in Tepic but they don't reach that level by any chance.

The exterior and lobby look nice but don't be fooled. Everything in the rooms is tacky: faux marble everywhere, bad taste wooden furniture in a sorry state, dark bathroom and more.

I travel for business and an Internet connection is important to me. They informed me they had wifi in the rooms. A few minutes later somebody else from the reception said they did have it but only in the lobby bar, not in the rooms. It turns out there is no wifi there either.

For US$85 I felt taken for a ride big time and will never stay here again. I wish I had looked into Trip Advisor first because it seems there are nicely reviewed hotels in Tepic.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business