“never again”
Review of La Lunita

La Lunita
Reserve with OpenTable
La Lunita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Akumal
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2010

I have been saying for years now that I will never go back, but last month we decided to give it another try...I was right the first time. The prices for what you get are crazy! I ordered soup and it came out in what I would call a tiny cup, not the nice sized bowls you get at all other restaurants in the Yucatan...but more expensive! Come on! It was not even very good, and my fish dish was way overcooked and not eatable. I'm not going to say maybe they were having a bad day, but every time I give it a try, it was a bad day...too many good places to go...don't waste your time...only good thing about it is, if you reserve a seating out on the beach, it may make up for it...a little...very little

There are newer reviews for La Lunita

Reviewed 25 March 2010

We reserved a table for my birthday dinner and were not disappointed. As the gentleman pulled out my chair, a small hermit crab crawled into a crevise in the rock wall. We were seated in the front corner, right next to the rock wall and close to the ocean. It was perfect.
Don't worry if its windy, the outside area is well protected. The food was very good and the service was excellent. If you want romance, this is the place!

Reviewed 20 February 2010

We came into Akumal at night, and it is an absolutely charming place! It reminded me of a little village!
La Lunita is a small quaint restaurant, and perfect for a romantic dinner. We ate right on the beach. Perfect!
Oh yeah, I almost forgot the food! We shared some ceviche for an appetizer, had some giant lobster, and the sweet potato rolls w/ ice cream for dessert. Service was so good, we were done quickly. This was fine, as we had to be up early the next day. I think we got out of there for a little over $100US w/ drinks and all. So, not the cheapest place, but definitely worth it!
If I had anything negative to say, it would be that maybe it was a little too dark on the beach(hard to read the menu). Also the margaritas were just okay. Are these really problems? I think not! Don't miss this place!

1  Thank FestusOKC
Reviewed 6 February 2010

Nice restaurant with an excellent location right on the beach. Laid back atmosphere and a nice setting. Food is always good and, while the prices are a little higher than others, still a good experience. Service is always good.

Reviewed 9 January 2010

My boyfriend and I spent three nights in Akumal and this was our favorite meal. The setting is beautiful and it is not a 'scene'. The food was absolutely delicious - not spectacular but nonetheless we liked this place best because of the wonderful setting and ambiance.

1  Thank musicgalNewYork