“Great food and fab location”

Lol-Ha on Akumal Main Bay
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Akumal
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A view of Lol-Ha Restaurant and Snack bar from the tip of Akumal Bay. Lol-Ha offers seafood, steaks, pizza, mexican food and great burgers. It is kid friendly, casual, and has the best view of the main bay. Check for weekly live entertainment and look into our romantic dinners on the beach. Our staff will welcome you and make you feel at home. New management as of 2009. Same owners since 1984.
Bristol, England
“Great food and fab location”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Lovely food - best guacamole I had in Mexico with lime and coriander in. Great location, good service and 5* bathrooms.
Recommended for a lovely spot for lunch on Akumel beach.

Gibraltar
“Excellent beach and sea location”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I visited here with my family, brother and his family in May 2013. My brother had been before so recommended it. The beach bar where we sat offered a fantastic view across the beach and sea. There was a good choice of food and drink. There were some good additions to the Modelo family I hadn't tried which was an added bonus. We ordered a good range of food which was plentiful and bursting with the usual Mexican flavours. On the negative side (like other have mentioned) the food was quite expensive considering it was local. The view watching the night close in was very nice and I would visit again in the future.

• Visited June 2014
MO
“Seasoned visitor to both main restaurant and beach bar”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I can't count how many times over the past almost two decades we have been coming to the area, always coming to Lol Ha...the view is wonderful. We went there after checking into our rental and went for the coconut mojitos and pizza. The best drinks I have had and a fair pizza. We came back on monday for the soup of the day...my monday favorite, and some panuchos. The place was not crowded at all, maybe 8 people that night at the beach bar. The soup came out about 20 minutes later, and it was stone cold, as were our panuchos. The servers that evening stood around and talked to one another, or were texting all the time, and so our dinner sat in the window until it was cold. Really! So....on our last night we decided to go to the main dining room for our dinner. Only four tables that night...strange...I ordered the shrimp scampi with pasta ($24), my hubbie ordered the grouper veracruz ($18), and an avocado and crab salad ($11). The fish was good, but small, the salad ok, and the scampi had six shrimp on the small side with about enough pasta for five bites...pasta is cheap....give me at least a cup for that $24! Way overpriced for what you get. We have decided that the tourists are too many and that it is just not the same anymore...they don't put the love into it like in the past...what a shame...but I bet they make it up with the many, many tour bus people that don't know any better...

1 Thank Akumalholic
Dallas, TX
“Nice restaurant on the beach”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nice restaurant. Very reasonably priced. The chicken mole was very good. Everyone love the filet as well. It was great eating on the balcony overlooking the beach.

Dallas, Texas
“Mostly fried food on the menu”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It was somewhat difficult to find something not fried on the dinner menu- not good for me, since my gut doesn't tolerate fried stuff very well. I had pan-fried grouper (with the fried breading scraped off) and it was very tasty. Quieter tables on the beach.

Visited May 2014