“High Quality Relax”
Review of Casa Valentina

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Akumal
Casa Valentina
Ranked #5 of 7 Akumal B&B and Inns
Milan
“High Quality Relax”
Reviewed 5 November 2010

I came back to Casa Valentina because I had a wonderful experience last time and I wanted to try it once again. And even in this case I left the Casa only with positive considerations. The Casa allows you to relax and to arrange your time as you prefer: I had the chance, in fact, to spend hours in the most beatiful beaches of Mexico, I visited all the Mayan ruins and had a lot of tours. But, at the same time, I relaxed for hours in a special environment thanks to the high quality of the location and of the service offered by Casa Valentina. Very comfortable and clean forniture, both indoor and outdoor, allowed me to spend a lot of time relaxing with the wonderful tropical gardens around me. And for dinner a high level cousine, mixing different international experiences, was a 'trip into the trip'. Collateral services were very helpful, as Casa Valentina offered me the transfer both to/for airport and to/from all the beaches/points of interest. Air conditioning and wireless internet were a benefit that increased the quality of the period spent in Casa Valentina, considering the very competitive fares requested.
Fo all these reasons I have to say once again: Thanks Casa Valentina!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Roeselare
Reviewed 7 August 2010

We just spent three busy weeks visiting Mexico and the last three nights we wanted to experience a different, more quiet and relaxing atmosphere rather then choosing an obvious resort location or sea view hotel. No offence to the touristic hot spots (although…), but this place is from a totally different level and offers so much more!
Arriving at Casa Valentina is already an experience on its own. No paved or clean touristic road to the exclusive B&B, but a bumpy narrow path, half covered by tropical bushes and trees. Don’t worry, you can get there without SUV - just adapt to the rhythm of the jungle…

After 1.5 km you set eyes on a cozy hidden gem, surrounded by a well kept garden.
Gerardo welcomed us with a warm heart and made us comfortable from the moment we arrived. We spent quite some time talking with him, and listened to the pride he has for his country, the nature and the cultural heritage. He has a wide knowledge on different topics and – in combination with his good sense of humor – it led to interesting conversation.

A short list of the high qualitative amenities of Casa Valentina: spacious rooms and en suite bathrooms, wi-fi, sky-tv, air condition or fan, shady palapas, hammock next to the room on a small private terrace, intimate central sitting lounge with relaxing background music, Gerardo as an excellent cook (and margarita mixer), a small swimming pool, etc.
We really couldn’t think of anything missing and even if there would be, we believe that Gerardo would have found a way to provide it anyway.
The stay is extremely quiet and sleeping in the middle of the jungle sounds is an unique experience.

On Gerardo’s advice, we went snorkeling at a breathtaking location. We could use his snorkeling gear.
In short, for everyone who loves exceptional places, who doesn’t want to be in between crowds of loud tourists, who appreciates a friendly and personal approach, take our advice and stay at Casa Valentina!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Tulum, Mexico
Reviewed 1 April 2010

I have traveled around the world for years, and have found the Concept of "bed and breakfeast" the most satisfying for my travel accomodations. You have the atmosphere of a home and the peace and tranquility, impossible to find at large all inclusive resorts, yet keeping the quality and service to the highest standard of a 5 star hotel.
So as I planned my trip to the Mayan Riviera, I did my research and came across Casa Valentina located just a few miles north of Akumal, where I decided to stay at, for their concept and belief of a true Bed and Breakfast. Where that is exactly what I received !
The most confortable bedding accomodations and a complete breakfast, lacking in many businesses which advertise as is.
The place is breath taking! The property is surrounded by a lucious jungle, rich in follage, flowers, and species of birds. You feel a real essence of nature, peace and its sorroundings. The owners Gerardo and Valentina were wonderful host and now friends, making both my girlfriend and I feel right at home! They also provided great information and things to do around the area. A most exceptional and unforgettable experience!

Thank You Gerardo and Valentina for your hospitality!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank N0h0ch
Pacific NW
Reviewed 17 March 2010

The further I get from our trip to Casa Valentina, the more I miss it. I wish it was a place close enough to visit on a long weekend, but alas it is several thousand miles (and more importantly several hundred dollars) away!

My husband and I visited were fortunate enough to stay with Gerardo and Valentina for 5 nights. I am so thankful we decided to stay jungle side for half our trip instead of heading straight for a beach location. We learned so much about the area from Gerardo and Valentina, about the modern day Mayans, the foliage and fauna, local politics etc. It was a real Mexican experience.

The owners are so friendly. Valentina saved us from walking home in the dark one night (not recommended in the jungle...silly Americans!) They had these really nifty beach chairs and beach games we were able to use. Not to mention the insider information on beaches and restaurants. It was really nice to have so much care and concern.

The included breakfast is tasty and plentiful. You have several choices. My husband, a BIG eater, always left the table very satisfied.

Our room was big and comfortable. I loved the huge shower and our hammock.

Book a stay, open your mind to another culture while being well taken care of in a beautiful setting. You won't regret it.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 11 March 2010

The service provided was courteous and friendly. We had breakfast served to us every morning and it was exceptional. The rooms were immaculate, spacious and with beautiful views to the garden, it is quite impressive when you see it and showcases the natural beauty of the property. Casa Valentina is the perfect get away for everyone. Overall this was a great place to stay with our family and friends.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed 28 February 2010

We stayed in Casa Valentina for a week with our 3 children. It was quiet and peaceful, just the kind of place you want after a long day visiting the Mayan ruins. We really enjoyed the place. Gerardo showed us round the garden on the first day. We saw beautiful birds and the "tejon" came for a visit! It was too cold for the pool but following Valentina's tips we discovered beautiful beaches and cenotes. Food was great too!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
chico california
Reviewed 3 February 2010

Hard to add anything more to all the great reviews but this place was really a lucky find! My wife and I spent 3 days with Gerardo and Valentina and felt so at home that we didn't want to leave. They are the most charming couple and have created an architectural and floral masterpiece. As truly amazing and inspiring as the the open air dining and living room are (careful you don't step in the in-floor fish pond!) the true wonder of the place are the owners. Since we were the only ones there we spent many wonderful moments just comparing life stories- be sure and ask them how they met and got to this place-fascinating! Expect magic- like the irridescent green bird with the long ornamental tail siiting in the rafters above the dining room! Our bedroom suite was also perfect- roomy and interesting! You'll love this place! And yes- the food is fantastic- Gerardo made some tasty mole and all the breakfast food was great!

Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akumal
LM Hotel Boutique
Barcelo Maya Caribe
Barcelo Maya Caribe
#12 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,109 reviews

Been to Casa Valentina? Share your experiences!