Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
7,867 results
All reviewsother hotelsalux restaurantcenote snack barpenthouse suitelobby bara la carte restaurantsprivate beachrooftop jacuzzifull length mirrorgala nightdon pablosushi baran adults only resorttrolley ridedinner reservationsnever waited more than minutesbutler service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Went there with my parents and brother, was a surprise for my mother. We LOVED it. Everyone was pleased with EVERYTHING. People were nice, food. WOW! Anyone must try. The pools are very clean, animation for everyone. You have to take a little car to go to the beach, but it worth it because of the advantage you get with the Sian Ka'an. I repeat: Excellent food, excellent service, rooms are very clean. I will return for sure.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jenjedy
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for your recent visit to the Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an Resort and for taking the time to write your positive impressions about our hotel.

We are very happy that you surprised your mother bringing her to our hotel, we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our facilities, the excellent food and our services.

We really appreciate you mentioning our staff, specially the animation team; they are great ambassadors of the service in the Sian Ka´an Hotel. We will immediately forward your post to the correspondent managers for their well-deserved recognition.

Receive our warmest regards,

Gracy Manzo Mendoza
Public Relations
Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an

Reviewed 10 September 2012

This is going to be a long review, I will do my best to keep it short. Sorry now for spelling and grammar lol.

Flight: We booked with Air Transit but flew on a Can jet plane from Calgary AB. The flight was great. They played very old movies thoe.

Arrival: We got through all the security in no time at all, maybe 20 minutes, there was about 300 people in line not kidding. Upon walking to our tour guide we had a lot of people offering to take our bags etc just kindly say no and find your tour rep and they will give you your bus number.

Bus ride: It was great. Don’t buy beer at the airport it cost 36 dollars for six. They serve beer on the bus for 3 dollars. Wish we knew this before we bought it lol. The bus ride took about 1 hour 20 min.

Check in: Painless, we stayed on the Sian Kaan side so there weren’t many people checking in. We were in our room within 5 minutes and had to wait maybe 10 for our luggage to be bough up.

Room: Breath taking, we were in 40222 penthouse Jacuzzi suite. Very quiet room, close to the lobby and Bahia spa. We use our jacuzzi only once but it was great.

Maid service: Top notch, they arrived about 10 every am. Our fridge was always stocked.

Food: The buffet in the Sian Kaan side is small and does not have a huge section, we used the Coba one most, no complaints.

Snack bar by the pool on Sian Kaan side: I would not eat there until there a little busier. Most people go to the other side so the food tends to sit out there a bit.

24 hour snack service: Yum... ordered it and it took about 30 min

Pools: Quiet and relaxed and no trouble to get a chair. On the other side, its crazy busy and you need to be up at 5 am to get a spot.

Beach: A little rocky but not bad. Sian kaan has its only private spot that no one else is aloud on and there is a bar tender. Very nice that you can always get a spot. The rest of the beach you need to be there early to snag a spot.

Golf: We did golf and it was worth it. We paid 120 for both of us, 9 holes. Included the golf cart, clubs for both of us, bucket of balls for the driving range, balls for the course and snacks... water and chips.
The course is not for first time golfers, it is very challenging. Alot of people say its a rip off but I pay the same or more in Canada to golf and the courses are nothing like this one.

Golf cart, train things: they run every 15 minutes... this resort is huge, if your on the Sian Kaan side it is a good 10 minute ride to the other lobbies. Just stand and ask where they are going, lol beats walking

Tours: We only did the jungle one, zip lining, cave swim. Pictures are 50 dollars but we got over 500 pictures and 2 printed ones. Cost 110 for two people.

Don’t do the Mexican Fiesta at the mall place it is not worth the 15 dollars per person. Just my opinion thoe.

We did pay for the picture and frame, 25 dollars and I had to go to the other side to pick it up the next morning. It was a little bit of a fuss as they kept telling me it wont be ready until 2. We were leaving at 1145. We did get it after about 45 minutes.

Disco: Fun time for sure, drinks are included.

Check out: We brought our own bags over our choice. We had to pay a charge at the front desk for something we had and the guy had no clue. It took abit. We than didn’t get a baggage tag and had a bit of a fuss getting one do to the front desk guy not speaking any English. But I was glad that they would not allow me to load my luggage without a tag. At least you know they wont just allow anyone to take of with luggage.

Leaving: quick and painless

Over all it was a great trip. Sian Kaan is going to be adult free in November. I like the privacy of this side of the resort. Slower pace and laid back. But than you can go to the other side and use all of the bars etc.

Remember this resort is massive. If you stay in Sian Kaan you can use all the resort. If your on the other side at one of the three you cant use everything. Each side has perks.

We always went to the shows on the other side, im not even sure if they have shows on the Sian Kaan side. They do have a band every night.

Any question feel free to ask.

Suggestions to the staff:

Don’t allow towels to sit at pool side or beach on attended all day. If people are not there for hours there towels should be removed for others to get a spot. Like I said this isn’t a problem at the Sian Kaan side.

Smile, make conversation

There should be a better overview of the hotel at the morning meeting with the rep or check in. Like where the shows are at, etc.

Over all we enjoyed our stay and may return for our wedding :)

Room Tip: If you want to party or be close to the beach go to Coba, Tulum, if you want a quiter spot go to Sain Kaan.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank bubbles1980
Juan O, Gerente at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear Guest

First of all we would like to thank you for trusting Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts for such an important occasion as your holidays as and also thank you for spending your time to share your impressions. As a customer satisfaction orientated company, it is always a pleasure to read positive comments as the ones you have kindly share.

We really appreciate you mentioning our different department staff as the quality of our services, it really incentives and encourages us to keep working and improving day by day.

Thanks for your meticulous description of your trip and to share some tips for a future guest, regarding shows we do have 1 a blackboard at the palapa’s animation and 1 blackboard with all the activities at the complex next to the Alux pool, anyway we will work for better information to our guest, you can be sure that we will be reviewed with the different departments and we will take immediately an appropriate action for every different situation

Also we like to thank you for sharing your experience as your point of view about the golf course; we will pass your feelings to the main direction of the Riviera Maya Golf Club.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the resort in a very near future.

Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were lucky enough to spend a weekend here on our honeymoon. Neither of us wanted to go home and everyday when I wake up I'm disappointed that I'm not still here. The resort is gorgeous as are the other resorts on the property, the food is excellent, and the staff is top notch. Upon our arrival we were treated with drinks and smiling faces. Both of us having worked in the service industry in Orlando Florida, we were delighted to be greeted the same way. The staff really goes above and beyond what you expect of a resort staff. Carlos Chan at the bar by the main pools was fantastic. I spent many hours with him, Alex, and Oscar from the animation team at the bar or playing various games in the pool. My wife took naps in the afternoon and I would go hang out with Carlos and Alex who became my friends. The sites of property are gorgeous we went to tulum, snorkeled with sea turtles, and interacted with dolphins, the last 2 were even onsite. The food was fanrastic everywhere we went, and I can't wait to go back. We were there in May, but not a day goes by when I don't think about Carlos and Alex, and how badly I want to hang out with them. If you're thinking about going to Mexico, do yourself a favor and book this resort. It will be the besy vacation you've ever had!

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank nickgetchell

Dear Guest

We really appreciate you mentioning our staff as you is mentioning the quality of our restaurants and services, we will immediately forward your mail to the correspondent managers for their well-deserved recognition.

We really appreciate, it really incentive and encourages us to keep working and improving day by day.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

My Husband and I spent a week at this resort for our 17th Wedding Anniversary. It was lovely - relaxing, peaceful, excellent food, outstanding service with a smile all in a beautiful location. The pools are tranquil, the private beach is very nice - you can always find a lounger and thanks to Paloma for bringing our drinks with a smile! The fact that it was not located directly on the beach is no big deal at all, the trams run every 10-15 minutes. There a rocks in the water but there are sandy spots to access swimming with ease. The access to the other BHP Resorts on this huge property is a plus - they are much busier and it is fun to enjoy the shows and the huslte and bustle for an evening and then return to your quiet oasis at Sian Ka'An. A very special Thank You to Guillem the Guest Services Manager who arranged all our A LaCarte bookings in advance and was a pleasure to deal with. We wil no doubt return to Sian Ka'An

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elise D

Dear Guest

We really appreciate you mentioning our staff we will immediately forward your mail to the correspondent managers for their well-deserved recognition.
Your positive comments it really incentives and encourages us to keep working and improving day by day.

Personally It was a pleasure to assist and meet you so I hope I can welcome you once again at the resort in a very near future.

Best regards

Reviewed 7 September 2012

7 members of my family ages 22-82 stayed at Sian Ka'an the end of June and had a fantastic time--so much fun that my husband and I are heading back there in December!!
I'll try not to repeat too much of what is already mentioned by others..
We had 3 rooms with jacuzzis, ground floor, buildings 3 and 4--talk about a perfect location. Our rooms were near the pool and front lobby and there were NO noise issues. We had a pump go out on our jacuzzi, and it was fixed promptly with Claudia's help--didn't impact our stay at all.
Saturday night is the Gala buffet with lobster tails on the menu, so work around that for your ala cartes!
Speaking of food, we ate at Maiko (excellent) Alux (oh my, thought we were in heaven), Gran Tortuga (disappointing--we have stayed at Coba before, and remember this restaurant as a fantastic night filled with fun--this time, waiters seemed disinterested in making this an experience. The food was ok, but we had to ask to be served several of the meat items), Le Gourmet (excellent), Dolce Vita (good, ask for a table by the window looking over the ocean) and Don Pablo (fantastic).
We were celebrating multiple special events. I worked with Claudia prior to arrival, and everything was set up perfectly when we arrived. She is a tremendous asset to the Bahia organization. She checked back with us several times during our 7 day stay to make sure our needs were being met. Rooms were wonderful, decorated daily with towel art! Daily treats arrived including champagne, desserts, fruit, and candy!
The bar staff have been mentioned multiple times with good reason!! Oscar, Maria, and all of them were fantastic. Our party would meet for cocktails prior to dinner--the staff remembered our drink orders and my dad said it's one of the best martinis he's ever had :) All top shelf liquor at the lobby bar.
My husband and son played golf multiple times, or just hit at the range and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff were fantastic, beautiful course, well worth the "cart price" previously mentioned.
We spent alot of time just relaxing by the pool or beach. Carts to beach and other resorts were frequent and no big deal. Private beach with bar--nice touch. If you want more action, hit the pool and beach at tulum.
Bring plenty of sunscreen--it's hot and sunscreen is expensive to buy there! There are mosquitos, especially close to foliage and at night--bring the bug spray. We sprayed it around our jacuzzi as well and no problems.
Please note that you can "borrow" snorkel equipment at the Eco Bahia hut on the beach. And NO TOWEL CARDS which is fantastic.
We loved it so much we are heading back in December!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Tabbori

Dear Guest

We really appreciate you mentioning our staff, we will immediately forward your mail to the correspondent managers for their well-deserved recognition.

Also thank you for bringing to our attention the points where we can improve, you can be sure that they will be reviewed with the different departments and we will take immediately an appropriate action for every different situation