This was a girls trip for my friend and I the end of July. Last year we stayed at The Royal in Playa Del Carmen which I did not like at all so we were looking for a change. My husband and I frequent Secrets Maroma beach resort a couple of times a year so my standards are pretty high. It would be unfair of me to compare Sian Kaan to this resort however, for the money we paid I was very impressed with our stay.
I enjoyed the more mixed clientele from Europe and found that even though people had fun it didn't feel like spring break for adults.
Before this trip I had read many reviews stating the quality of the food in the buffet was outstanding and I have to agree. Both a la carte restaurants were also impressive, however I found the ones outside Sian Kaan in the other Bahia areas not so good and we ate only at Sian Kaan. Drink selection was very good, my only complaint was the lobby bar closed at 11pm......I have experienced this at other Bahia resorts and don't get it, but I guess it is their company policy.
Staff were all outstanding, kind and helpful.......please remember to tip and treat people as you would wish to be treated.
I agree with other posters that the beach area is a little small but we always found a seat. Outside our room was the quiet pool which we enjoyed very much.
The trolly system works well and we had no trouble getting around, we enjoyed the scenery and all the animals. The golf course looks amazing.
We had no rain during our stay so did not encounter many Mosquitos, however folks it is Mexico so expect them and come prepared.
We attended the fitness classes offered at the Tao Wellness centre........I own a Pilates studio so it would not be fair to comment on the quality or safety of the classes but it sure was a lot of fun. We did not use the spa as I find the price for a massage in Mexico resorts is way too high. We would take the trolly to the main road and take the collectivo (local van/bus system) into Playa Del Carmen for three dollars where we could get a massage on the beach for twenty dollars. Very easy and safe......the vans are a white/grey colour with air conditioning so very comfortable.
I found the rooms to be fairly basic but adequate, but again, for the price I paid this resort exceeded my expectations and I will return again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal