“Beautiful Resort and the best attentive staff, they were so understanding.”

Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Akumal
Campbell River, Canada
“Beautiful Resort and the best attentive staff, they were so understanding.”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed at the Sian Ka,wa from April 13th - April 27th/2014...the resort is very beautiful and with the regular trams every 5 to 10 minute,s, we had very easy access to the other resorts as well as the beach....Sian Ka,wa customers had access to there own private beach area where the staff went out of there way to get you beverages and greeted every day with wonderful smiles. It was the dream relaxed holiday that anyone would love. We will go back for sure :-).
Dan and Laurie Daly ( Campbell River Canada

Room Tip: We enjoyed the beautiful garden suite on the ground floor close to the pools.
2 Thank LaurieDaly
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Dan & Laurie,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for choosing Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an as you hotel destination.

It is a pleasure to read that you appreciate the facilities, the beach, and the service of the staff. Your feedback will be shared with our team and will definitely encourage us to continually provide all our guests with the best experience they truly deserve.

We hope to welcome you back soon in Mexico.

Warm Regards,

Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an Don Pablo Collection

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,775)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had a wonderful visit to this resort. The resort is very clean and peaceful, the food is great, the drinks are very good, the staff are friendly and very helpful, the entertainment is good, the beaches are very nice and the rooms are big and very comfortable. The buffet was one of the best I've ever had and the food items at dinner are changed up to represent different country foods ever night. The two al-a-carte restaurants; the Alux and Maiko are great. You can take the shuttle to any of the other affiliated resorts and visit their restaurants as well. We were not impressed with the Tortuga restaurant at the Tulum resort as most of the meat was very dry and difficult to chew. The only other negative I can say here is that the "free" internet is a bit slow, limited and you have to reconnect to it often. There is a premium internet service available at a premium price. We would love to come back to this resort again and we highly recommend it. Anyone saying this resort is anything but fantastic have too high of an expectation from a Mexican 5-star resort. We were at a 4-star resort 4 years ago in Cancun and after visiting this Bahia Principe resort, I'd like to go back and say that this other 4-star resort was more like a 2-star resort compared to the quality and service we got here.

Room Tip: You need to decide which al-a-carte restaurant you would like to try in advance and book them when y...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mike B
Dear Mike,

Please receive greetings from the Luxury Bahía Príncipe Sian Ka’an; we would like to thank you for choosing Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an to spend your holidays.

We appreciate that you have taken the time to give us your feedback; we are glad to hear that you had a wonderful time and that you enjoyed the great food, the drinks, the entertainment, the beach, the rooms, and the service of our staff.

Thank you for bringing to our attention your perception about the internet and the Gran Tortuga Restaurant; be sure we will give proper attention

We would be delighted to welcome you again at the Riviera Maya!

Kindest Regards,

North Plainfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We just got back from a 6 night stay at Sian Ka'an. We had a wonderful time! The amenities we got for the price were fabulous. We got a 'pent house' room which is a top floor room with a jacuzzi on the roof. Well worth it!

You just fill the jacuzzi when you want to use it. Takes about 20-25 minutes to fill and the water is definitely treated with chlorine or bromine which made me feel better about the cleanliness if it. We did meet a couple whose jacuzzi was broken so make sure yours works before you settle in if you select this room.

The room was bright and clean and I loved the floor to ceiling windows. The bathroom was big and clean with a good sized shower. Our room was located close to the quiet pool and just a short walk to the lobby and restaurants/buffet which we liked (in the 41### block). The 43### and 42### blocks seemed far from everything.

Our bed was very lumpy and uncomfortable. I can usually sleep well anywhere, but had a hard time getting comfortable and my back would hurt in the am and my husband had an even harder time. Also a minor area that left something to be desired was the mini bar in our room. I would request particular things but it was random what we got. One day no one came so we didn't have water and had to call the front desk (but then someone did bring water right away). Another day we got 3 decaf coffees which didn't do us much good the next morning :).

Upon checking in we made appointments for our dinners with one of the two women at the desks to the right of the front desk. We had tried emailing the week before but never heard back and they did not have any of the reservations in the system. They asked when we checked in if I had any food allergies so that the restaurants were aware when we made our restaurant reservations. We only ate at Alux and Maiko which are the two restaurants at Sian Ka'an. Alux was so accommodating with my gluten allergy it was very sweet.

The buffet and 'snack bar' which was also a mini buffet had so many options it was fabulous! I have a lot of food allergies besides gluten and there were so many options that I never had to worry about finding something.

The ride to the beach was always fine. No more than 10 minutes each way and the trams were always available - i think they run from 7 to 7. We always found a place to sit with a hut, but not always an ideal location as the seats do go quickly. The beach is beautiful. It was rocky in the water, but the water is clear enough that you can navigate around them. The pools were kept very clean and again we always found a seat and the pool itself never seemed crowded with people in the water.

We didn't do much on the sister resorts. We went to the casino at Coba. Nothing spectacular, it was crowded and small. We didn't know about the Hacienda at Tulum until the last night. We think it's a big open shopping center with Mexican music and sometimes they have a fiesta. People we met said it's a good time. Definitely going to check this out next time we go back.

We also did the nature walk through Eco Bahia which was fun (and starts with a 20 minute bike ride so be ready).

My husband got a massage at Tao which we think is not part of the resort, but the trams go back and forth and Sian Ka'an guests can use the gym. The massage prices are cheaper than the spa and my husband said it was good. It's a cool spot to walk around too. The gym is very small and there are usually a good amount of people in there so you have to be creative with your workouts.

One other note is that we used CARM transfers for our transportation to and from the airport. It was $140 in total and they were right there as soon as we landed upon arrival and showed up on time to the hotel.

The entire staff at Sian Ka'an was fantastic! Shout out to some of the workers were Froylan and Marisol in the buffet. Jesus at the lobby bar, Zimry at Alux and all the staff at the front desk. Thank you!

We will definitely be returning to Sian Ka'an and I recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing Riviera Maya experience!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AStop76
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for trusting Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts and for choosing us to enjoy your holidays at the Mayan Riviera.

We appreciate so much that you have taken the time to write your positive comments concerning your recent stay at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an. Our guest’s comments are vital for us to continue improving our services, and will certainly help us to keep focus on customer satisfaction.

We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed all our facilities; thank you very much for mentioning our staff; specially Froylan, Marisol, Jesus, Zimry and the Front Desk staff. We will forward your comments to our team.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again at the Mexican Caribbean!

Warm regards,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just returned home after spending a wonderful week at this beautiful resort. I always worry about the beds when I go away, but these were so comfortable from the mattress to the crisp cool sheets. I slept better than I do at home!!
The resort staff were always available and friendly. Overall wonderful experience, definitely would recommend this resort.
There was a wonderful variety of a la Carte's, but the buffet food was so good that we chose to eat there most nights.
This was also our first time at an adult only resort and I am now spoiled, probably will always look for this in booking.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Heather C
Dear Heather,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an.

It is great to know that you had a wonderful week the bed, the a la carte restaurants, the buffet, the only adults concept and the service of our friendly staff.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope we can welcome you back at Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts

Warm Regards,

Flin Flon, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Travelled with my sister and my son. We were assigned 3 rooms close to the lobby, but I found the noise from the live music to be a bit much. I asked for my room to be changed, and the staff was very obliging. Moved to the furthest building from the lobby (#17) and it was great. It was a bit of a walk to the buffet, but I needed the walk (lol) The food at the buffet was fantastic. Fresh, tasty, great selection. I wish I could say the same for the a la carte restaurants. Alux is the International restaurant. Good atmosphere, but the food was not great. Again, I was more than satisfied at the buffet, so that wasn't an issue.
The hotel staff was fantastic. Everyone we encountered (with the exception of Norman, The Front Desk Manager) was excellent. Very eager to please.
The complex is spotlessly clean and well maintained.Never an issue with this.
The beach area for Sian Kaan was small and unsheltered.Difficult to get seating unless you are there in early am. The Akumal area was bigger and more sheltered. When we went to the beach, this is the area we went to. The water beautiful and clear.
They have a very efficient tram service between the resorts of Akumal, Coba, Tulum, and Siaan Kaan. We ate at the a la carta off-site once or twice. They were nothing special. Wonderful surroundings/mediocre food.
Three pools. Clean and well maintained.
This is an adults only resort, which attracts an older crowd. My sister and I are in our 50's (so thats fine)...but my son was bored in the evening and frequently travelled by tram to one of the other resorts (Tulum)
Overall....a very nice vacation. We plan to return next year.

Room Tip: It depends on what you are looking for. I wanted peace and quiet. Building 17 was perfect. It was th...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Linda T
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Linda,

On behalf of the entire Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an team I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review regarding your wonderful stay at our hotel.

We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful time, in which you enjoyed the food, our staff, the cleanliness of the resort and the pools.

We thank you also for recommending Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an hotel and for advice to all of our future guests. It will be wonderful to welcome you again and give you the good service you already know.

Best regards from sunny Mexico,

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2014

A beautiful place for people who like to relax a lot, for the food nothing to say only that it's very good at any restaurant you choose at Bahia Principe Akumal , Coba and Tulum. For the Buffet it's really good for any meals in the day !! Don't forget that the beach is only by a little train you take to go... around every 10 minutes!!! Also others trains take you to Akumal,Coba and Tulum for the others restaurants on the site.

Room Tip: Choose the Penthouse on 40823 ,it's near a very quiet pool and a minute away from the lobby!
1 Thank Pitoune-drink
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for your recent visit to the Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an Resort and for taking the time to write your positive impressions about our hotel.

We are very happy that you appreciated the relaxing atmosphere, the food, the buffet and the trolley service.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon in Mexico.

Kind Regards,

West Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2014

A small modern style resort surrounded by dense vegetation. The resort staff are attentive and professional. The rooms are typical for the star rating. The food was selective but adequate.
Pros:
1. The Staff attitude
2. Sun beds and pool at the Sushi bar and the other warm pools
3. Efficient tram service to the adjoining resorts
Cons:
1. Not much of a private beach area and the smell of boat gas
2. In the room, low water pressure, saggy mattress, needs a little TLC for minor items
3. Penthouse roof-top bath is not reasonably private from other suits

Overall I had an excellent time. I would recommend this resort but be aware that it is in the jungle and you will encounter iguanas, scorpions and large spiders as well as other wildlife.
Tips:
1. I recommend the penthouse suites even though it's not as private as could be.
2. You can walk to the reserved beach thru the main gate in 23 mins if you want to get up early.
3. At Akumal beach you don't have to pay to see the turtles. It is also a public beach so you can swim where the locals swim and snorkel and you will probably see turtles.
4. Use sun screen immediately as it is deceptively radiant even on cloudy days (many people with sunburns on the return flight)

Room Tip: I had made a request for a jungle view five months early but when we arrived that is not what we got...
3 Thank 238Brian
Dear Brian,

We are glad that you had an excellent time at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an and that you have taken time to write about it.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed the food, efficient tram service and the service provide by our attentive and professional staff.

Thank you for bringing to our attention the points where we should improve, your comments had been forward to our staff who will be taking the proper measures.

We hope you visit us again in the future,

Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an Don Pablo Collection
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akumal
Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection
Grand Bahia Principe Tulum
Grand Bahia Principe Coba
Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa
Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!