I have just got back from a full week at this resort and this is my own personal view.
We read many reviews about the sian kaan and knew what we were expecting...to some degree.
The bus ride from the airport was a little long as we hit traffic and construction so it lasted 2 hrs. but on the way back 1.35 much better 6/10.The front counter was excellent as check in was very smooth and we got upper floor as we requested by email.10/10.The hotel looks great and the rooms ..no complaints10/10.Our room keeper ..a young man was just fab..kept our room nice and clean 10/10.Lots of green everywhere you look and lots of birds chirping all day long.They go to sleep at night but other forest animals kept us up a few nights..nothing the resort can do about this its jungle.7/10 All the restaurant we went to were great and the food at the buffet was also great 9/10.The staff at this hotel is extremely accommodating from counter ,cleaners waiters.waitreses,managers towel girl,etc 10/10 All were fantastic.The pools very quiet with one with light music and entertainment.8/10.The ocean...the spot wich was reserved for sian kaan was a little disappointing for me as it is very rocky.(If you walk a little to each side you can get better there 6/10.I did like the service at the beach 10/10.The trams...my wife kept on saying geez cant lite a cigarette and smoke all of it as they were very efficient and friendly 10/10.Bring bug spray as you may need it and for those of you who don't like bugs well there are some creepy crawlers here and there..i'm still here so i'm not dead...The sun is extremely hot so you must need high protection 80 plus ...There were so many good people there that I cant name them all but Thank you Gang well done.WE tipped as needed and let me tell you the tips were plenty as the service we got was fantastic.Overall this hotel would get 4.8 if it wasent for the beach and late night critters keeping us up.Hope this gives you a little idea of the hotel.(We spent a lot of nights at the coba as the shows there were great)
If you need info just email me through tripadvisor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal