“Wowed everywhere...”

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Akumal
ottawa
“Wowed everywhere...”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This resort was not my first in the Caribbean but it was my first adults only and I was pleasantly surprised as I wasn't sure what to expect. We arrived around 1 a.m. and there was barely a guest to be seen. We were one of two couples who checked in and were taken to our room on a cart. For two people I found the room an acceptable size though two people using the bathroom at the same time could be tricky. Even at this time of night we found a light snack to help us fall asleep.

We enjoyed waking up every morning to the birds singing but I was glad to still have brought my earplugs as it's hard to get used to. Even with the shades rolled down, a lot of light still gets in. We're usually late sleepers (10ish) but not so much down here. We took turns having breakfast at either the main dining room or by the pool which was more relaxed.

Each day we visited one of the other three resorts as a way to get to the beach and enjoy the pool as there are definitely not enough pool chairs at the adults only pools. Plus, it was fun to get off Sian Ka'an for part of the day. The golf cart ride over the highway each day was actually quite fun...and we're not golfers so didn't take advantage of this section. Only in the very late afternoon when we had returned from the beach were chairs available but by then the sun was being hidden by the palms. The chair game even resides here sad to say!

We always had excellent service no matter where on the resort. Even though I tried to make notes and get names, I can only do shout-outs to Carlos, Angel and "Isabel" the three guys at the lobby bar, Delinl at Maiko, Absalon and Jose at Dolce Vita, Roque at Alux, and Luis and Ramon at the buffet. There were others, including our housekeeper who we never met.

Other items of interest: We took a collectivo to the Tulum ruins and it cost 30 pesos each each way. The admission to the ruins was 59 pesos each. So for two people to visit the ruins using the collectivo was 238 pesos which in USD would be about $18, a far cry from the 40-50 USD we saw being advertised around the various resorts. We never felt unsafe and it was a good way to learn some history and culture when it was cloudy and cool at the resort...not so among the ancient ruins.

Tipping: Always an area of debate. We left 50-90 pesos per night at the a la carte restaurants, and a little less at the buffet between breakfast and lunch. 20 pesos per day for room tips and 20 pesos for the fridge tip (we didn't use the fridge items much, other than the water).

Drinks: Favourite was the Dolce Vita (campari, white vermouth, peach schnapps, and sprite). Learned to like Don Pedro brandy and Don Julio resposado tequila.

This was our first trip to Mexico and we really enjoyed ourselves at these combined resorts (we did feel the luxury of it), as other than our self-guided tour to the Tulum ruins, we didn't do anything else. Be warned, the evenings shut down by 11, unless you go to one of the shows at the other resorts. But we will go back as I still have yet to swim in a cenote and that is on my bucket list!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank tmr7
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your first vacation in an adult only resort. It is great to read that you were pleasently surprised!!

We really appreciate you mentioning what you enjoyed and great service of our staff; specially thank you for mentioning the names of the people that made your stay so good.

It will be wonderful to welcome you again,

Best regards.

Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an Don Pablo Collection

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,785)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Goulds, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The Sian Kaan was beyond my expectations!
I read all the recent reviews and was still pleasantly surprised with the quality of the resort , especially the service. If you want a worry- free resort , pleasant and peaceful vacation , you will enjoy the Sian Kaan!
Adults only , rooftop jacuzzi, 5 star restaurants and fantastic buffet will astound you! Lizeth , at the front desk will take. Are of any problems or any special requests. You can't beat this resort for your vacation.

Room Tip: Rooftop jacuzzi suite is the only way to go.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Jeffinduhgoulds
Dear Jeff,

I am glad to read that Sian Ka’an was beyond your expectations! It was my pleasure to be at your service =)

It is always great to know that our guests had a pleasant vacation, it will be wonderful to welcome you back in the future at the Mexican Caribbean.

Warm Regards,

Newquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Some things were amazing but others were a disaster, however we did enjoy our holiday at the sian kaan.

First up and because I felt so strongly about these resort layout mistakes, pull whoever is responsible for the resort layouts into the managers office right now and give them the sack, they have made too many unforgiveable mistakes and should never ever design resorts again.

The food in the buffet restaurant in sian kaan was the best out of all the all inclusive resorts I've ever been to, it was really healthy and not all fried junk, so if you like junk food you are not exactly going to get that in sian kaan main buffet other than pizza and burgers, which people were uninterested in as there was so many other tasty dishes instead. I heard the other GBP resorts in the location serve more junk food to suit the guests tastes and age groups. The Alux a la carte was beautiful food. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I got on the scales to find I never put on any weight when I got back.

I will give a good reason to stay at sian kaan and that is for the restaurants as they are modern and nice size/layout. I walked through the tulum resort buffet restaurant and it was massive, I'd need binoculars to see from buffet serving area to the furthest away tables in the corners, there were literally thousands of seats and felt like 300 hundred yards across to the furthest table, there are several dining rooms hanging off the buffet and each one was massive, I can imagine coba and akumal like this too. We walked through just before meal time so the place was empty, I wouldn't want to picture the place in my head when it is full of people.

Service in restaurants was 80% satisfactory, because they rotate the waiting staff so your favourite staff get moved to a new section and some teams aren't as efficient and mainly because they don’t get to know you as they are serving you as a duty and others you make friends with, I'd rather have had consistency of staff at my favourite table because it was a delight to get the favoured crews that knew our requirements and we had a laugh with them when they were on our section.

The concierge who book the a la carte bookings were all sulky, they would rotate staff in the middle of the discussion and not one of them cracked a smile out of about 6 different staff we visited.

We were extremely disappointed to sit with concierge and speak about the other Japanese restaurant where the chef does a display and cooks the food in front of you all dramatic and noisy, whereas the sian kaan Japanese is fine dining and brought out from the kitchen. The reservations were that busy we had to book 6 days in advance and when we got there we were shown to a table and when I asked about going into the section to have the chef cook in front of us, I was told 'you have to reserve a place in there', uh, hello that is what we thought we'd done, we may as well had gone to the sian kaan Japanese as it was better food. The concierge should book sian kaan guests onto that by default otherwise there is no point in going. They serve green tea in the Japanese it was twinning teabags...

The reception staff and reception managers were excellent and knowledgeable and bent over backwards to resolve all enquiries. However I always had to wait 5 - 10 minutes to get to see someone.

Allow 30 - 45 minutes to checkout before midday as we got there at 11.30 near the front and waited 15 mins as it was and a massive queue formed behind us, so consider that if you have transport at midday as we did. I appreciated the call the night before to discuss what time the bell boys would come and collect us with luggage the next day for checkout and he turned up exactly on time to the second.

If you leave your safe open, the chamber person will get security and they lock you out of the room and you have to authenticate who you are to get back in - painstaking but absolutely necessary and good approach they take.

The sian kaan resort is new and modern but the junior suite rooms lacked some things that constitute as luxury - ie chest of drawers missing, the bathrooms were like a compact modern and functional bathroom with sink, toilet and shower like the holiday inn, whereas other luxury resorts have a whirlpool bath and often double sinks.

If I got my room cleaned early I had all the towels replaced and the stock in fridge, most often it was late in the day and I was lucky to get more than two large towels and a bath mat and instead of getting a replacement whisky I'd get another vodka, so I had no whisky. It shouldn't matter if you are first or last, your room should be restocked properly and they shouldn't run out of these things, but the cleaner did do a good job, but not once did we have the towels arranged on the bed to look like animals or petals which in 10 days would have been nice to come back to one or twice, same with the other guest when we were chatting at the pool they all said they didn't get this service.

Golf was great, it was an amazing course and made the holiday as it was a factor for booking sian kaan. You will lose a lot of balls in the jungle and if you try to retrieve them you get bitten by bugs and anyway they were gone forever no matter how hard you looked for them. Beware that the golf shop have inconsistent pricing, I found the lady to give the correct price for the off peak season and was flexible as she allowed me to play 9 holes of the big golf course at a reasonable price instead of paying for all 18. The man wanted to charge the on peak season prices and was not flexible with a few requests ie my partner couldn't play that day and wanted to drive me around in the cart, he wouldn't allow it, neither would he price match the agreement I had with the woman for 9 holes on the 18 hole course, he put out the on peak pricing plan when he was on duty but the lady did the off peak plan which was the time of season we were on. The green fees are free but you have to pay for the cart which has that seasonal pricing plan. They are building another 9 hole course which will be par 3 - par 5 but it all has to do with the villa complex that they are building around the golf course ie the villas are for sale/rent, I wish I could afford one they are alright.

There is a lot of wildlife but you have to look for it. It would be nice to have a board to tell us what those animals are. We saw a lot of wildlife on the golf course, a lot more than in the resort and something growled like a bear a few yards into the jungle eek, I also saw a big blonde cat which locals believe could be a mountain lion, several times we saw a massive family of coyote mundi and who knows what the giant birds making really loud squawking noises were. We never saw any scorpions but there was a dead tarantula on the path and I never really saw any mozzies, every time I caught the bug stinging me in the act it was like a normal house fly and they even stung through my tshirt and trousers.

Also a board to let us know what stage shows are on at other resorts and in the room a list of the restaurants, bars and times they are open and phone numbers to call the services like the golf club, lobby, concierge, bell boys etc

You've got the opportunity to mix up your day by going anywhere in any resort, any restaurant, any pool, bar, beach, spa, gym - it is a free for all, so you are not confined to the same scenery for the duration.

We hired a car and drove all over the place, the roads aren’t that busy and it is the best thing we did, I booked it before going and europcar has a desk in the akumal resort. It took about 1.5 hours to book the car out and another 1 hour to book it in, so don’t expect it to be a quick transaction.

Sian kaan is laid to jungle, not even the top floor rooms always get the sun on the balcony, it is nice to walk about under the canopy of the jungle on the paths especially having to dap about quite a distance every day. The landscapers are a little bit lazy because they use a leaf blower and just blow the leaves into the undergrowth. The other resorts are laid to lawn and immaculate so all weeds and leaves are removed - I like both ways and it was hard to pick which I preferred best, but appreciated that they had preserved some of the jungle as they had removed so much of it already with the bulldozers.

Careful when putting your washing out on the balcony as it blows away easily.

Do not try to visit the sian kaan a la carte restaurants if you are not dressed up properly because they will turn you away. All ladies wore evening dresses (you can wear smart trousers, blouse) and men wore trousers/chinos (not jeans) and shirt. We saw quite a few people turned away because they were not dressed up generally it was men wearing beach shorts and tshirt and a lady tried to get in with a beach style dress rather than evening dress.

I see other reviewers mention they stayed at sian kaan to escape the kids. It might have been the 10 days we went, but predominantly the kids were teenagers - ie skinny t-shirtless lads and jailbait young girls dolled up in mini dresses and high heels and not so many of what i'd call children.

Sian kaan is split into two areas, the area with all the junior suites where the blocks were quite close together and not much space between the blocks and the main area with the villas and superior upgrades, still they were tightly packed. The junior suite area had the sushi bar and pool with hot tub jets. The main area had the 3 pools, no swim up bar, the lobby, restaurants, spa. The junior suite area was disconnected from the main area which felt like all the facilities and action was in the main area and we were left out. The junior suite area was extremely quiet so you get a good nights sleep and the hot tub pool might be too quiet for some but exactly what someone else wants - it was more busy later but we loved that pool and generally there were beds available so there is no need to reserve one with a towel when you aren't going to use it all day and we never even went to the pools in the other area. The guests discussed that there was a them and us feeling going on between the two areas.

The pools in the other resorts - ie the akumal were large and freeform, there were beds spread out and they could put more beds in large unused areas where they didn't put any beds. In sian kaan the pools are smaller and the beds much closer together and they didn’t pave much area around the pool, when we took a look at 10am all beds were taken.

In the other resorts, to get across the resort you could jump on the train but it is better to sit up front rather than on the trailer because of the exhaust fumes and there was one driver that was nuts and we thought we were on a roller coaster. In the sian kaan you had to walk and that was a chore, ie from our room to the main pools easily over 1k one way, it was too far in that heat and not reachable and the hot tub pool was inviting us in after playing golf anyway so we didn't feel like we'd missed out.

The sushi bar was adequate, we used it several times and they restock mid afternoon, which by then the sushi looks unappetising because it is in between being not much left and drying out and a restock, otherwise it was good, the bar man had a sense of humour and his drinks were mixed well, but he wouldn't venture out from behind the bar unless you asked him to.

Because the hot tub pool has jungle above it there is not much sun, but each bed during the day would get a turn with the sun as it moved and the leaves/tree debris rains down into the pool and onto the beds and that shows evidence that someone has hogged a sunbed and not used it. So it would be nice if the pool had a few quick cleans with the net during the day and the bar man could collect the glasses (I counted over 80 used glasses when I was bored and curious) and clean unused beds ready for the next guest. Also had to get him to tidy leaves from the table and chairs before we sit and eat sushi, he needs to be more proactive. He said he was moving to a different pool bar the next week so they rotate staff at the bars.

Everyone was talking about the route between the junior suites and the lobby/restaurants/main area. You walk along a path between the junior suite blocks and turn up in a parking lot, walk 150 yards through car park and you are at the back of the japenese and main buffet kitchens at the goods in entrance. They hold staff meetings outside and it smells of rotten food, there is always bustle and deliveries going on that should be invisible. Then you cross the service road used as an exit for the car park and by the goods in vehicles and walk onto a pavement and walk along one side the japenese then the pavement runs out and you step off and take your life in your hands because you walk into the traffic coming into the lobby for 50 yards and have to weave in and out of buses, taxis and the trains which stinks of exhaust fumes and people climbing out of vehicles and then you step into the lobby entrance. This could all be fixed as there are several different options to get a path in which would come out in the outside bar area by the buffet restaurant and join up both sides and definitely half the distance which was easily over 1k round trip from room to lobby and further to the pools, so a trip out to get up to the main resort had to be on purpose.

The Japanese restaurant overlooks 3 sides; the goods in entrance, roundabout and vehicles coming into the lobby, there was a thin layer of 2 - 3 deep trees outside the windows but you could see through them - not exactly romantic.

The spa was no better, you had to walk behind the reception past more trademans entrances, I think they were the landscapers, through their car park with unusual service vehicles parked and out to the pavement, walk along the dual carriageway to find some steps up to the spa doors - fronting out onto the dual carriageway service road - not tranquil. (also in another of the resorts the spa was tucked under the main buffet restaurant and you walk down a slope to it).

The main buffet restaurant had 2 sides butting up to jungle, so if you sit in the window of those all you will see is impenetrable jungle and not much sunlight coming in. The third side faces onto the outside bar and smoking area, we sat on that side so we could see out as we found the jungle, although beautiful, was claustrophobic and oppressive.

Plonked right in front of the stage which had the evening entertainment was a big stack of blocks with a statue on top of it - so most of the outside bar couldn't see the stage and if you were seated inside the bar there were pillars and trees in the way, so most seating couldn't see the stage. They could have put a water fountain there instead.

The stage is outside the lobby and behind it where all guests in the main area have to walk past to get to and from lobby/restaurant/bar to their rooms and the pools, right next to the walk way is the electrical substation, so all guests in the main area had to walk past two sides of the substation.

They need to put some fans on the ceiling in the lobby - it Is sweltering in there and no breeze comes through because of the way it is set up and no open areas due to jungle.

To get to the a la carte restaurant - Alux from the direction of the lobby, you had the choice to weave between the sun beds and balance along the edge of the pool or go through the stairwell which serves upper rooms and through by guests doorways. Although we loved that restaurant, it is smaller than it looks in the brochure.

To visit the toilet when dining in the Alux a la carte, you were put out the back door and down an outside corridor which stank to high heaven of sewage, to use the toilets shared by the pool, so you are physiologically scarred by the toilet visit and it puts you off your dining experience.

Sian kaan is a couple of miles from the beach and the transport was hit and miss and you have to go around the houses when it could half the time if taken direct. There are NO buggies that will take you exclusively for a tip - you must get on the trains. Annoyingly all the trains went to the other resorts by default and collected their guests. When you stay in luxury at an exclusive resort you don't expect to do that when they have their own regular transport and hardly any sian kaan guests got on or off at the other resorts, particularly annoying when you are coming back from the beach at the end of the day and the sian kaan transport gets loaded up with other resort guests and you don't get a look in. I suggest that if guests need to get to coba, akumal or tulum they should be buggied about on their own as that is how it is set up in Bavaro in Dominican. Or a train that goes around the other resorts and the golf club as the club is near enough to the sian kaan lobby so if you need to go to the other lobbies then go to the golf club or another bus stop between club and lobby that does the round trips.

The sian kaan exclusive beach was the biggest let down of all - a token gesture or afterthought of a beach because sian kaan is the newest resort, if you stood at the waterfront and looked in either direction it was a long stretch of beach with spread out pairs of beds under umbrellas and was so far in the distance it was hazy either way and sian kaan is the pinch point of sand between sea and buildings/concrete. So the sian kaan guests were crammed in on the steepest section with 100 yards frontage that the beds are nearly vertical and crammed in behind the beach hut which deals with sailing, diving etc and a roundabout with vehicles 1 metre away, so much so that the beds have been put in various directions to make best use of space with a ½ - 1 metre between them if you are lucky, so although you are on the sand you can't see the sea from most of the beds and there are not enough beds at the beach or around the pool for sian kaan guests, whereas the other resorts have got them all space out, plenty of beach which is flat, facing on the sea lapping the shore and sea breeze and pool side there is plenty of space. Let's put it this way you will have several other people within 1 metre of your face and that is your view from the sun bed, great! what I always wanted on holiday. They need to change this immediately it is not acceptable, for an adults resort who are predominantly couples, so it is obvious we want to have a pair of beds apart from other people to share romance, not listen to other peoples conversations, gulp down their smoke, kicking sand about, their bum in your face while they lean over their bed sorting their stuff and no room to move the beds into shade or sun . Where are the four poster beach day beds. I saw some on the waters edge on the akumal beach looked like the were left to ruin and not used. By the way, take something to cover the hot iron metal on the beds otherwise you will burn yourself, we used sarongs to lay over the bed metal then put our towels on top.

We walked along the beach and found another big mistake planners made was to get the bulldozers to build concrete too close to the sea and left a thin stretch of sand and couldn't put enough beds in for everyone and they removed all the palm fringed paradise you expect. There was hardly a tree or any other greenery sight, it was like Benidorm. So you step off concrete onto sand and often they left the concrete rubble mixed in with sand on the pathways so that you can't walk bare foot and all uneven. For your information this entire beach was a nesting area for turtles and they've ruined everything about it. 'it is hideous'.

If you go sailing or jetskiing it is a trauma getting back to shore because there is a small channel through and either side it is reefs and they've put in concrete barriers into the water to dampen the waves. When coming back in you can't see the reefs or the concrete barriers and don't know if you are the right side of the buoys which were hard to see because they were green with algae. The danger is that you could sail or jetski over someone swimming or hit the rocks. It would be better if they put in permanent large buoys to show the entrance back into the channel and prevent any accidents occurring.

If you want to visit the beach hut, expect to climb 3/4 metre from the sand onto the first step - someone needs to get a shovel out to level the sand or build more steps down to the sand.

The gym is too far away. They’re building villas and condos around the golf course and they've put the gym down in the middle of the golf course and I think there is an exercise pool down there too - it was about 1 mile or more away down the tree lined dual carriageway with no transport to get to it.

They claim to be Luxury Don Pablo, that is all pretend. I've been to their other Luxury Don Pablo resorts and sian kaan doesn't give the same level of luxury at all. Other than it being exclusively for adults, I reckon for many reasons the other luxury resorts were getting it better than sian kaan and the standard list of luxury items has had a huge chunk unticked for sian kaan.

My opinion is that they could have built a world class country club, resort and villa complex on that plot of prime sian kaan land. They could have combined the golf club with the wellness, gym, spa, pools in the same complex and sold it as a country club that the guests in other resorts would have come and visited the golf and been jealous that the sian kaan guests could hang out in the exclusive zone. This would serve the resort and the villas they are building and had a selling point with an amazing sports facility.

I'd say the golf course and villa layout has dominated the planners over the sian kaan resort and they have thought, look there is a bit of land here let's cram a resort in that plot, say it is luxury and make more money.

They need to get in the gardeners and plant palm trees on the beach to bring it up to some kind of standard that you could call paradise.

Would I go again – yes but only because of the golf and food. Not for any other reason and I would still choose the sian kaan over the other resorts because the other resorts were too big, impersonal and full of teenagers.

For all the day trips out we did, sian kaan was extremely well positioned on the map in the centre of them all.

Places worth visiting – Atlantis Submarine, Sian Kaan biosphere with visitsiankaan, Chichen Itza, Tulum, Xel Ha and Xplor – all were great days out.

3 Thank lucywatkinson
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you have taken to post a detailed review of your experienced during your recent stay at our hotel.We appreciate that you mentioned that you enjoyed the food and the golf course.

We would like to make a heartfelt apology that your stay was not up to your expectations; I have already forwarded your review to all the departments and we are already working in the points that are possible to improve, however, we can’t change how the hotel is built.

Once again thank you for your time and comments, hoping that you give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Kind Regards,

Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This resort is fabulous. I am still here and enjoying it. The hotel is clean and peaceful. The pools are great, the food is decent. The only complaints that I have are the wifi is spotty, the towels a little scarce and the shuttles to the other side a little slow to come. Otherwise a truly nice resort and a bargain for what you get.

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Filhound
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We are glad to read that you are still enjoying the facilities of our fabulous resort; it is always great to receive comments of our guests while they are still on vacation.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to rectify on site, the situations that you have mentionned; I have forwarded your comments and we will make the proper follow up.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me directly while you are staying here so I can assist you in anything you might need.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at GBP Sian Ka'an for 2 weeks and we simply loved the place. Staff, Service, Cleanliness, Security everything was perfect. Highly recommended.

Things we enjoyed:
1. Staff. Were all very courteous and couldn't do enough for us. Christian and Claudia on check in desk were great and really looked after us. Thanks guys!

2. Service. Simply the best. Nothing is a trouble for these guys. Here is an example: one day we forgot to lock the safety deposit box in the room and left early to go on an excurson to Chichen Itza which is an all day trip. On our return we found that our key cards were blocked and there was a note left on the door to advice that we need to go to lobby to have them un blocked. We were told that this was a precautionary measure due to the safety box being left open. Needless to say, nothing was missing even though we had cash and other valuables in the box. Now that is customer service at its best. Thank you!

3. Rooms. Very spacious and cleaned every day with clean new towels and mini bar refilled everyday. The maid also left us amazing creations on the bed daily. Kept wifey amused and impressed every time we returned to the rooms.

4. Surroundings. Lots of greenary and lovely birds chirping throughout the day. Very peaceful and relaxing.

5. Pools. There are 4 seperate pools, two of which had a snack and drinks bar to keep us fed and watered throughout the day. We loved the jacuzzi pool which was the closest to our room.

6. Bars. There are a few bars around the resort all servicing great branded alcoholic and soft drinks. Carlos at the lobby bar makes amazing cocktails. We will miss your golden margarita buddy!

7. Food. Simply the best. We enjoyed both the buffet and the on site Maiko ala carte Japanese restaurants. We had the added advantage of having no limits on booking ala carte. One of the perks for staying at Sian ka'an

8. Private exclusive beach. Superb beach with butler service, really well looked after. One of the days we saw hotel staff clearing the rocks and sea weeds from the lagoon. How cool is that? Yes the man made wave breakers spoilt the view a bit but they did help keep the lagoon tranquil specially on days when the sea was a bit rough.

9. Getting around the resort. Very safe using the taxi carts which were running every 5-10mins. Staying at Sian ka'an has the advantage that you can use any of the other 3 resorts - Akumal, Tulum, Coba however guests from these resorts can not enter Sian Ka'an. Made us feel really special ;-)

I could go on and on about what we enjoyed. So lets just leave it at that. We simply enjoyed everything about this resort.

Things we did not enjoy:
Quite literally nothing. If we had to pick one then it would be that the towels at the sushi bar near the jacuzzi pool did run out quickly and we were told that more would arrive soon but they never materialised. This happened frequently and did annoy us a few times but this is minor and all the other positives made us forget this.

Overall a fabulous resort, great holiday and highly recommended. If we ever go back, we would only stay at Sian ka'an. Thank you to all the staff who made our stay for 2 weeks a pleasure and unforgetable.

Special thanks to Luiz at the GBP Akumal lobby who gave us a free upgrade to Sian ka'an which we throughly appreciated. Merci mon ami!
Also thsnks to Helen the Thomson rep at Sian Ka'an for arranging all the excursions for us. Everything was perfect and trouble free.

Summary: Excellent resort, great staff, fabulous holiday. High recommended

Room Tip: Any rooms you get you will enjoy, however if possible go for those close to the pool area or the lob...
9 Thank S4nju
RRPPSIANKAAN, Public Relations at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We are glad that you and your wife had a great holiday during your two weeks stay at our resort.

We appreciate you good comments about the staff, service, rooms, surroundings, pools, bars, food and the transportation service. Thank you for mentioning the incident with the towels, be sure we will give it the proper attention.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we wish we can welcome you back for another great holiday

Kindest Regards,

Dumbarton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 week holiday in this beautiful hotel, the staff were all extremely attentive, friendly and went the extra mile to be helpful from the minute we arrived to the minute we left. The food quality and variety was excellent in both the a la carte restaurants and the buffet. The hotel complex and rooms were kept scrupulously clean, I was also impressed with the imaginative towel art and looked forward to going back to my room every night to see what was awaiting me. We spent a lot of time at the beach and although the beach is a short journey on the frequent buggies, it was not an inconvenience and never had an issue obtaining a sun bed no matter what time we arrived there. The hotel resort was huge and used the ability to dine at the a la carte restaurants in Coba, Tulum and Akumel, which we thoroughly enjoyed and also attended the excellent shows/ entertainment mainly in the Coba theatre. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to family and friends and would certainly stay in the hotel if we were to return to Mexico. Would like to say a huge thank you to all the staff for making this such an excellent holiday

4 Thank Katrina B
Dear Katrina,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent 2 week stay in our beautiful hotel.

We appreciate the time taken to write your excellent impression about your recent stay with us and the areas that you enjoyed more. Your comments will be forward to our staff so will help us in keep providing the best service that our guests deserve.

Thank you so much for recommending us and it will be great to welcome you back.

Kind Regards,

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Having travelled extensively over the past few years this was our first visit to this hotel, suffice to say it wont be our last. The hotel lobby, rooms and surrounding outside area (including pool) were spotlessly clean especially for a jungle setting. The food was excellent always varied and catered for all tastes. A special big thank you to all members of staff for making our stay one never to forget.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Debbieoo7
Dear Debbie,

We are really happy to know that you had a stay you will never forget! It is always rewarding for us to receive such great comments from our guests.

We will be delighted to welcome you back in the future!

Warmest Regards from the Caribbean,

Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an Don Pablo Collection
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akumal
Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection
Grand Bahia Principe Tulum
Grand Bahia Principe Coba
Royal Hideaway Playacar
Royal Hideaway Playacar
#33 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!