We have just returned from 2 wonderful weeks at Sian Ka'an, having previously stayed at Coba.Sian Ka'an is adults only and set in the jungle across the highway from the other properties. We had a private taxi transfer from the airport which we would recommend as we were able to quickly travel direct to the hotel and avoid any queues at check in. Check in was very smooth. We were met by Claudia who had made every effort to meet our room requests and went out of her way to welcome us back as returning guests.We were offered margaritas and ourselves and our luggage were swiftly taken to our awaiting rooms.
Rooms - our rooms were cleaned daily and the fridge restocked, although not always with spirit minatures.We had many amazing towel sculptures and a turn down service on the majority of days.
Dining - The Sian Ka'an buffet exceeded our expectations so much so that we cancelled some of our a la carte reservations. The food was always very varied, well prepared and presented. Waiter service was second to none. It was a pleasure to meet Josue, Ramon and Manuel who always greeted us with a smile and remembered our drink requests.They were very attentive and nothing was ever to much trouble. We enjoyed wonderful eggs, omlettes, smoothies and flambes from Aurora, Eric and Enrique. We ate in both Alux and Miako within Sian Ka'an and received excellent food and service. We also visited some of the a la carte restaraunts within the other hotel sections which we enjoyed but did not always find them to the standard of Sian Ka'an. Don Pablo was extreemly hot and uncomfortable(air con not used) and we had to leave early. Tequila we felt was very dissapointing as the standard of food was poor.
Pools - We spent many days around the activity pool. The pools and sunbeds were very clean and we could always find a sunbed. Pool bars were well staffed and we particularly recieved excellent service from the lady at the Xel-Ha pool bar (sorry unable to remember her name). The animation team worked extreemly hard to keep everyone entertained but were never to pushy.
Beach - The private beach is easily accessed by a pleasant short ride on the train from the lobby for which we never waited for more than 10 minutes. Sun beds were always available in the Sian Ka'an section until at least 10am. We saw on several ocasions guests from other sections being asked to leave our beach section to enable Sian Ka'an guests to take up the sunbeds. Drinks service was readily available to your sunbed if you did not want to stroll the few steps the beach bar ! Lunch service was available directly behind the private beach in La Tortuga which we found to be less busy than either Tulum or Akumal buffets.
Grounds - The gardeners work extreemly hard and the grounds are kept as natural as possible but well maintained and abundant with local wildlife. During our stay we saw many iguanas, coatis, racoons, agouti's and even saw a king snake and tarantula.
We all enjoyed a fantastic holiday in a wonderful hotel which we would highly recommend. Thank you to all the staff for making it so memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 4 outdoor pools (1 with Jacuzzi) Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Transfer to the beach and other facilities on the complex (at set times) Water activity centre, Beach Club with exclusive bar (at the Grand Principe Tulum) Motorised water sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) 1 international buffet restaurant 2 speciality restaurants 4 Bars 1 snack-bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 420 rooms including 4 types: Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite, Deluxe Garden Junior Suite, Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suite. Deluxe Garden Junior Suites and Deluxe Penthouse Junior Suites are larger than the Junior Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Sitting area with sofa-bed and armchairs Balcony or terrace Bathroom with shower, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Bathrobe and slippers Don Pablo Collection amenities Alarm clock with iPod docking station Flat screen TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe Iron and ironing board 24 hour room service Butler service in rooms Private Jacuzzi Wifi (free of charge) Pillow menu Aroma menu Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings and anniversaries, as well as corporate incentive trips and conventions Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Resort And Spa
- Gran Bahia Principe Sian Ka`An Golf Hotel Akumal
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'An Don Pablo Collection Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal