Free cancellation until 25/07
US$405
US$152
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$260/night.

Grand Bahia Principe Coba(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$454
US$258
US$401
US$335
8,084 results
All reviewsother hotelsalux restaurantcenote snack barthe penthouselobby bara la carte restaurantsgarden suiteprivate beachrooftop jacuzzifull length mirrorgala nightdon pablosushi baran adults only resorttrolley ridedinner reservationsnever waited more than minutes
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was our second visit to Mexico and Si'an Kaan did not disappoint. The hotel upgraded us about four days into our two week holiday and so we spent most of our time at this hotel. The setting is within the jungle essentially. I found the hotel to be much more modern of that in GBP Tulum or Coba.

We had a lovely ground floor room with a King-size bed and patio area. We did originally think that our shower did not work however this was a silly error on my part - C means caliente (hot) not cold as initially thought. We worked this out after five days of cold showers! Our mini bar was always fully stocked and the maids cleaned to a good standard very day. This hotel offers complimentary room service if you wish and butler service too. There is a pillow menu and scent menu to choose from.

At Si'an Kaan, you have unlimited la a cartes which you don't get at GBP Tulum or Coba. Our personal favourites are the Brazilian at Akumal which overlooks the beach and infinity pool and the Japanese restaurant, Milkado. We sat at the show table and it was a fab experience if you have never done it. Otherwise the buffet at the hotel had an array of food to offer. Each night is a different theme - Mexican, Canadian etc.

Overall, this is a wonderful adults only hotel. The atmosphere was very relaxed and staff couldn't have been more helpful.

2  Thank paulajhodge
Management response:Responded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest:

On behalf of our team we thank you for taking the time to put together the details of your vacation experience at Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an.

We are very happy you enjoyed your visit to the resort. It is a pleasure to read that all your expectations have been exceeded.

It is necessary to mention, that it was a pleasure for our entire team to be at your service.

Your comments are very encouraging for our team and give us energy and motivation to keep up great work every day.

We hope you will visit us again and we will do our utmost to accommodate your needs and make your stay enjoyable. ;- )

Please, do not hesitate to contact us at our email address info.siankaan@bahia-principe.com

Best regards

Elizabeth Villaseñor

Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

For my Summer holiday this year I decided on Mexico, and chose the Sian Ka’an because I felt that it looked very well presented and had good reviews. I chose the Deluxe Suite which includes the roof terrace and Jacuzzi as I was staying there with a friend and it was her birthday during ourstay. We stayed for two weeks and the resort is about an hour or so from Cancun Airport.
Upon our arrival we had our bags helped into the lobby by the staff, who are very welcoming and friendly. The check in was fast and easy, and after we were escorted to our hotel room so we could get settled in right away. The room was very spacious, with a small kitchen area and large comfortable bed. The jacuzzi bath and the roof terrace was the highlight for us, as it was a reasonable size with a small table and two sunbeds, so we were able to relax and sunbathe at our own leisure in our own space. The room was cleaned and tidied very well by our maid Victoria.
The facilities at the hotel are very good, especially the swimming pools which are cleaned every morning. There are some parasols available although they are very popular so if you want some constant shade I would advise getting there early for a shady spot. The bar staff around the pools are friendly and the pool service is excellent, the staff regularly check to see if you want more drinks and look after you well. The private beach area was also very well maintained and provided lovely views and marine life.
The international food available at the buffet was very good, with a wide variety and speciality every night. Our waiters were usually Emmanuel or Miriam and they were very attentive, and often remembered our drinks orders. We ordered room service on several occasions throughout our stay, and the service was exceptional. Food arrived very quick, and again the staff were wonderful. They would phone to make sure we had received our order and were happy with the food.
We also had access to other resorts, and the transport via land train was a comfortable 10 minute ride, with transport arriving regularly through the day and night. The entertainment (shows) were also very enjoyable, and easy access to La Hacienda means you can go shopping in the markets which are full of hidden gems.
The only thing I will say is the WiFi is quite slow, although you can pay to upgrade to premium.
Overall my stay at Sian Ka’an was amazing. The resort is beautiful, and the jungle setting adds to the tranquility, and it is highly likely you will encounter some of the jungle critters, including spiders, beetles, lizards, iguanas and tropical birds. The staff work really hard to make your experience comfortable and I think they succeed. The resort is also in an ideal location for day trips such as Tulum and cenotes. I would definitely recommend to anyone thinking of visiting Mexico. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank maddiepout95

Dear TripAdvisor Member:

We fell so happy to read that you have enjoyed yourselves and that you took the opportunity to admire the natural surroundings and wild life.

At the Grand Bahia Principe Resort we take pride in offering our guests good accommodations and the very best in food and beverages. It is nice to know that you have enjoyed our service and the hotel facilities. Being a three hotel complex gives us the opportunity to have several options to offer to our guests.

We all are looking forward to welcome you, your family and your friends for your next visit at your second home at the Mexican Caribbean.

To provide a better experience, do not hesitate to contact us at info.siankaan@bahia-principe.com, to provide the best service possible for your future stay.

With best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We're sat in the lobby of this fantastic hotel after another amazing holiday here which even four days of constant thunder storms and torrential rain couldn't even spoil.

We were celebrating our anniversary and arrived to a beautiful room decorated with a banner, balloons, champagne and chocolates and rose petals on the bed! A brilliant touch which we really appreciated. Its the personal touch that is one of the things that makes this hotel special, the staff are all wonderful and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. I was especially touched during one of the days when we had torrential rain that one of the room cleaning ladies (unfortunately I didn't get her name) took a towel she was using to protect herself from the rain and gave it to me to keep me dry!
We stayed in a superior junior suite which was lovely, we'd asked for a quiet room and they kindly gave us room 41814 which was perfect, the room is slightly bigger than the standard junior suite but in my opinion well worth the extra money.
The food was good with plenty of choice, I even had mashed potato for breakfast on a few occasions, and the omelette cooked freshly with whatever fillings you wanted were great.
My only slight niggle was the lack of things to do in the bad weather, on a previous stay in another Bahia principe hotel when the weather was bad they brought out board games for the guests unfortunately here they bought out the animation team who tried to entertain people in the lobby bar LOUDLY and also in the afternoon the music around the pool seemed to get louder, which while some people might like I personally didn't.
Would I visit here again ABSOLUTELY!! I'm already looking to come back again next year. Thank you to all the staff who made our holiday extra special, we'll see you all next year.

5  Thank jackiejStaffs

Dear TripAdvisor Team:

We take this opportunity to thank you for the review you have written for the benefit of the Trip Advisor community. There is immense pleasure of having a guest such as your self speak in such high regard for our Bahia Principe Riviera Maya.

The fact that we continue to receive positive reviews from our guests is proof of our commitment to consistent and quality service. Your recommendation of our property is also encouraging our management and staff who ensure that your vacation is relaxing.
We hope that you will not hesitate in returning in the near future and we will have the pleasure of welcoming you all again.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Rosario from Sian Kaan does a great job in the activities she provides. Ocean side yoga stretch was a nice start to the day!

We enjoyed the Los Corales buffet but were unable to get into the better ones because they were all booked up.

1  Thank Mary M

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire Luxury Bahia Principe Siankaan team I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We are glad to hear that our personnel have left a good impression, we appreciate you mentioning Rosario, your comment is a great motivation for her to keep up with the professionalism and good service.

We are honored that you have chosen our hotel as your holiday destination and pleased to hear that you had a good time during your recent visit to the Riviera Maya.

Looking forward to welcome you back!

Receive our warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at Sian Ka'an from June 10-17, 2018. We were given a third floor regular suite (no elevator but the staff brought our bags up to the room and we didn't mind the walk when we were coming and going). The room looked like the pictures and was very clean. We were happy with it and it was great for two of us for the week.
The first two days were very hot and had great weather. We woke up early(ish) so we could visit the breakfast buffet (it closes at 10:30) and then get to the beach. The trolleys come every 5 minutes or so - there are 3 routes from Sian Ka'an that go to the other complexes and we never found we were waiting too long for a ride. Sometimes the drivers will even ask where you're going and add an extra stop or just take you where you want to go. When we arrived at the beach (around 11-11:30 both days we went), we were able to find chairs in the adults only beach section. It does get busy but I always saw an empty chair or two. There's a bar you can walk up to, or there are one or two servers going around taking drink orders. The water was clear and beautiful those first couple of days, although there were several workers out raking the seaweed and trying to keep the water as clear as possible. It was a never-ending job and they were out there for hours so kudos to them. There is a dock type area where the entertainment stuff plays music and runs water aerobics or zumba. Guests were participating both on the dock and from in the water. Very fun atmosphere.
The rain came on June 13 and didn't stop for the rest of our trip which unfortunately meant no beach and little time in the pool (the pool bars were closed at most resorts and very few people were still in the water, but there was the option of going in if you so chose, although my boyfriend and a few other guests were asked to leave the pool one afternoon for safety reasons when it started to downpour (completely understandable and I had already escaped the rain and gone inside).
The food was excellent. We really enjoyed the Sian Ka'an buffet - my understanding is you can only use the buffet at your own resort but can visit snack bars and the a la cartes at all resorts so we just stuck to food at Sian Ka'an aside from a coupe of a la cartes. Breakfast and lunch were generally the same every day at the buffet but they did offer a theme night for dinner - the food was still generally the same at dinner with a few items added in to fit the theme. There's a wide selection so we didn't grow tired of it. Many thanks to Luis who serves in the restaurant at dinner - very personable and we would stop to talk to him the last few nights when we were checking out the buffet selection but not eating there because we had a la carte reservations. Luis made sure we had everything we needed and always checked to make sure we were having a good day. Another thanks to Angel who was working the pasta bar most nights. They have ingredients at their station but my boyfriend would add cheeses and meats from the other side of the buffet and Angel would happily chop up the extra additions and grill everything together. I think we ate pasta just about every day we were at the resort. We also really enjoyed the 24 hour Cenote snack bar by the pools. It had a lunch buffet from 11:30-6 every day. The food didn't differ much (hamburgers, hot dogs, pasta, wings, salad bar, pizza), but the food was good. We also liked to visit outside those buffet hours and order fresh pizza and cheese fingers (mozza sticks) from the menu.
As for the a la cartes, we visited Tequila (tex mex), Portofino (Italian) and Makkado (Japanese Teppanyaki). I would recommend downloading the Bahia Principe app prior to arriving at the resort. When you check in, you can use your room and reservation number to log into the app and make all of your dinner reservations for the week instead of having to visit the public relations desk in the lobby. I saw a sign for the app but they didn't offer much info so I was happy I had read about it in advance. Sian Ka'an guests get unlimited a la carte reservations so I would suggest booking your times right away as some restaurants tend to fill up or you're stuck with really late hours (9:00 or later). Tequila was very good (appetizer and dessert buffet) with soup and main courses being ordered off the menu. I believe our server was named Luis and he was very friendly. We were also treated to a "romantic" song from a 4 piece band. We really enjoyed Portofino and think it was the best meal of our trip. Our server was also named Luis and he was full of jokes and taught my boyfriend how to do the fancy napkin rolling on the table when he saw he was trying to copy him. We really enjoyed the show grilling at Makkado although it wasn't much different from what you'd experience at any other Japanese teppanyaki (I've had virtually the same experience in both Canada and at other all inclusive resorts), but it was still a fun time and great food.
There are different shows every night at the different resorts. Maybe I missed it but I wish there was one place where all resorts activities were posted so you could see it at a glance and decide where you wanted to be. We caught bits and pieces of a few shows but my favourite was Jersey Boys (sadly I missed Michael Jackson on my first night and while I swore Lion King was supposed to be playing at Hacienda don Isabel on the last night, it wasn't playing when we stopped by after dinner). Aside from the nightly shows, the entertainment staff seem to be out all the time playing music and trying to set up games - I think it helped to keep people busy since there wasn't much to do in the rain and people tended to congregate in the lobby and restaurants.
Thank you Sian Ka'an for a great week, despite the rain, and hopefully we can return again one day.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jkm_0130_

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Bahia Principe Riviera Maya Resort thanks you for providing us and other trip advisor users with your kind feedback and recommendations. It is nice to know that our guests take their time to express their impressions.

We take pride in offering our guests comfortable accommodations and the very best in food and beverages.

We are glad to know that after all your stay was a great experience and that you had enjoyed your selves at Luxury Bahia Principe Siankaan !!

Kind regards,