“Nice staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Akumal Dive Center

Akumal Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the Akumal Dive Center located in the main Akumal Bay, next to the Lolha Restaurant. We offer snorkel tours, rental equipment, scuba, dive classes, Open 8:00 AM TO 5:00 PM.
Kinnelon, New Jersey
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We booked our cenote tour through this dive center and also bought new masks as ours were damaged. The staff answered all our questions, the tour price was fair and our guide was great.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank KDHews

• Polish first
Rockford, Michigan
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Good Enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

My wife and I rented fins here - kids had everything they needed we needed fins. We got really crappy 4 or 6 inch fins which were borderline useless. The lady forced us to get both fins and skanky old life jackets. We showed her ours and she said we had to do this for liability - even though the sign said you could just get the fins. $10 for a fin/life jacket combo (each set) wasn't bad - but I didn't need there gross mildewy jackets - and would have preferred snorkeling fins as opposed to the crap they gave us.

2 Thank Brian L
Des Moines, Iowa
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Lockers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

We were able to rent lockers for our valuables, use the facilities and rent any needed equipment that we were not able to bring to snorkel for a minimal cost.

1 Thank Stacie B
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“We'd do this again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We rented masks with snorkels, fins, life vests, and an underwater camera from this shop, and we then just basically walked out of the shop and into the ocean and swam out a bit to see turtles. We saw many turtles, and the underwater camera worked great to get lots of shots of them. We had heard that the showers here are small and not that great, so we didn't rent showers or lockers here; we rented those from Lol-Ha Restaurant very close by.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Spellr
Cloverdale, Ca
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I would use Akumal Dive Center again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I went on 8 morning dives with both Mario and Jose and was treated very well. Mario went out of his way to locate a plastic snap-on clip for me that I had forgotton to bring when I first arrived at the store. These guys were friendly, always remembered my name, and were good wildlife spotters during the dives. The boat rides were short, I got all the assistance I needed with gear, and both dive masters were pros. I would recommend this dive center to anybody from first timers to experienced divers.