“Very pleasent stay in Acumal”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Akumal
Casa and Casitas Tranquilidad
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We have rented the top apartment, casita Yal-Ku for 2 weeks. The place is nicely located in very quiet neighborhood. We also felt quite save, have been in few nearby restaurants and enjoyed evening walks back after the meal. A good idea though is to take a torch with you.
The apartment is quite spacious, have all kitchen utensils and a huge fridge, as for holiday rental – usually he have experienced mini fridges in similar rentals. The bed is quite comfortable, based on the pictures we have been worrying a little, but it turned out to be very nice.
The apartment was cleaned daily, and all building is well maintained. I like also very much idea of the roof terrace, it is a very nice place to stay in the evening and watch sunset.
All the people from the casa tranquilidad, were very nice and caring. Here are special warm regards from us to the owner!
The parking space for the cars is enough, and the beach in half moon bay is just lovely. Because the beach is not so easy to get to, ask someone for the directions. It is 5 minutes walk, but there are not too many people there, and the bay is shallow with some very nice coral formations, just some 150 meters from the shore. And you can meet turtles there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Huggonn
There are newer reviews for Casa and Casitas Tranquilidad

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed in third floor casita Yal Ku in late Feb. Surrounded by windows yet perfectly private, we were awakened by birdsong every morning, and rarely ran the air conditioner. Ceiling fans in every room. Mary and Pablo are very attentive to any small issue that may come up, and provided a locals discount card for Yal Ku lagoon. Friends who joined us there said they saw more fish than at Xel Ha. It is a very short walk around the corner from the casita. We were quite glad we had a rental car for trips to town and around, but bikes are available here for about 1/2 the price as in town. Bring your binoculars if you are interested in birds at all, the porch is a fine spot for birdwatching. The people staying on the second floor unit had stayed for months, and had no plans to leave for quite a while!

Room Tip: Spiral stairs to the third floor will be difficult for anyone with any physical disability.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jkprager
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Our stay at Tranquilidad was really quite enjoyable. The owner was very kind, personable, and helpful. The main casa was complete and beyond adequate. The back yard is beautiful, with a simple, yet lovely fountain that empties into the pool. I really enjoyed my mornings and afternoons there in the back.
It is very quiet and the cleaning person and the maintience man were sooo nice! It is a quick jaunt to the beach or the lagoon.
I recommend this casa to anyone going to Akumal!!

Room Tip: Grab the casa which is on the main level of the back house! The casitas, we did not see.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lovedy B
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I loved my top floor Yal-Ku suite. It was spacious and private and peaceful. Mary and Pablo were so helpful. Even when I was away and got stuck in Chiapas, they were helpful and caring, and when I returned, it was so nice to see that big sofa and sleep in that great bed again. Felt like coming home!
Loved the bikes, which were rented to me at a fraction of the price charged by the hotels, and I had so much fun riding to town for groceries, feeling like a local. The roads were no problem at all.
A wonderful home away from home.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank essentialself
Reviewed 20 February 2014

So happy to have found Casa Tranquilidad for our trip to Akumal! We were looking for a place to relax and have access to Ya Kul Lagoon and the bays, Half Moon and Akumal. We were not interested in being right on a beach, just wanted a restful place to stay with easy access and that is what we got. Mary, Pablo and Dulce made our stay very comfortable! Two bedrooms with two bathrooms with showers. AC was available but we just used the ceiling fans. The pool in the back garden was chilly, but kind of what I expect in February. I came for the relaxation, the ocean, the lagoon and the wonderful and peaceful garden. We used the available bikes to buy groceries in the Akumal Pueblo and cooked most of our own meals, and snorkeled almost every day. I didn't want to leave. Tranquilidad is homey and very affordable. Don't know what granite the last reviewer is talking about. The walkway to the dwelling is well lit, and there are no obstructions I could see. If you go, make sure to awaken early some mornings to walk up to the roof to watch the sun rise and to take a trip up for the sunsets. In the mornings, the birds will awaken and visit the rooftop. Beautiful. Hoping to have a larger family gathering here in the future!

Room Tip: Both rooms are good. The master bedroom has a sliding glass door to the garden, and the other bedroo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JudithC77
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed here and Mary and Pablo were great. There is a great view off the roof, nice back yard, but small pool at back far too cold to swim in, lots of wonderful creatures in and around the place, but watch out for the granite driveway especially with kids as I was cut very badly outside from a rock, it is not in the best shape and you must be careful as the granite is extremely sharp. I even needed stitches. So when you park outside, be very careful you or your childrens shoes do not fall off. Other than that, beds comfy, ask for a blender if you need one. I will warn you, the road in is long as this property is far on a really bad rocky road, so beware. No beaches close by but the lagoon is minutes away and you get deals to get in and snorkel, so enjoy that! If you are younger than 55, I would suggest a beach location as there are some good beach properties. This is more for older folks as they do complain after 9pm about noise, even if you are sitting outside at all laughing and/or talking and EVEN in the mornings. Like I said, great places on the beach for younger folks.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank vegaswasgreat
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I had an awesome 2 weeks in Akumal thanks to Casa Tranquilidad. We stayed in Casita 1 with 2 bedrooms and a kitchen which was perfect for 2 but could have fitted 4. There is a tank of drinking water in the kitchen which is replenished and bicycles for the guests to use free of charge - these were amazingly useful for going to the shops or into town. I also saw the top floor apartment which would have been perfect for a couple. Great views and lots of light. There is also a stunning roof terrace with a view of the sea and jungle. Mary, the owner is lovely and Pablo, the manager is always there to help you out if you need anything. Also it was a bargain compared to rooms in Tulum or Playa del Carmen which only costs 30 pesos to get to on the local colectivo buses. It was the perfect peaceful getaway and thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends