“great time”

Aktun Chen
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Tulum with Underground Cenote and Caves from...
Ranked #5 of 29 things to do in Akumal
More attraction details
Owner description: An underground cave with spectacular rock formations.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My family and I enjoyed the zip linning alot, the cenote was very nice however we did not have enough time in the cenote on our own. The cave system was fantastic, everyone enjoyed it excapt for our 6 year old son.

1  Thank Jasonkaar
Write a ReviewReviews (1,309)
All reviews
"bug spray"
in 13 reviews
"super fun"

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Booked a Tulum and Cenote tour through Cancun Discounts. Had a great experience at the cenote. Indiana Joe's runs the place and have options of booking the zipline and cave tour but we opted for the cenote only. My husband and I were very fortunate to have the place all to ourselves for an hour! Our guide Frank was very friendly and gave us a very educational tour of the place for about 20 minutes then he left us to explore it ourselves. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone who likes an adventure!

1  Thank trekkachik
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I was looking for an experience more natural than the tourist trap venues. I made the best choice. This place will not disappoint. I was greeted by a four year old spider monkey, who loved being held and was very cuddly. He was mischievous and tried to take off my glasses and pull my hair, just like a baby. He did not want to be put down, but there were others waiting to hold and play with him. The first event was the zip line. It was my first time and I loved it. There were 10 stations. I felt very safe at all times. They had all the necessary safety equipment and very good guides who explained the procedure and precautions thoroughly. Next was the underground cavern which was fascinating. We visited the animal compound with rescued monkeys, Deer roamed freely. Butterflies of all varieties were in abundance. The last event involved snorkeling in a cenote (underground pool) The water was cool, but felt good after the jungle heat. The snorkeling equipment was in very good condition. The guides were all excellent and their English very understandable. I highly recommend.

4  Thank Myrna B
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We have known about Akutun Chen and since my husband loves caves, put this on our list when we went down to Akumal. This is the real deal, not one of the "theme parks". The cave is just amazing with different chambers of stalagtites and stalagmites. Victor was a wonderful guide with lots of knowledge and super English commentary. Never felt rushed and he answered all our questions. Wear water shoes as it had been raining a lot the past week and we had areas with a few inches of water to navigate. Don't miss this. It's definitely a highlight.

3  Thank LivingLifeonVacation