“Excellent Experience!”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$72.00*
and up
Viator Exclusive: Coba Ruins Early Access Tour with an Archaeologist and Cenote...
More Info
US$107.10*
and up
Tulum with Underground Cenote and Caves from Cancun
Ranked #3 of 28 things to do in Akumal
More attraction details
Owner description: An underground cave with spectacular rock formations.
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I visited Cancun with my family and have wanted to try out ziplining for some time. We were lucky to come across Aktun Chen's Indiana Joe's Adventure. Unlike X-PloR and other nearby attractions, Aktun Chen offers an "a la carte" option for the activities they offer. Given that we tend to get a late start, most attractions close at 5 PM so it is not worth our money to pay high admission when there are only a few others left in the day.

We were able to enjoy the full zipline experience in an hour without having to pay the exorbitant prices charged by X-Plor and others. The zip lines were a lot of fun and suitable for young children. Granted, the zip lines were not as tall as you might find at X-Plor however this is a good thing when you are with kids under 8 years of age.

Highly enjoy this place, excellent facilty and a very friendly and gracious staff!

1  Thank 0tonyh

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I had heard so much about the cenotes and never been to one. I am so glad I took the time to go see one. There are so many in the Riviera Maya, I picked Aktun Chen based on the Trip Advisor reviews and it did not disappoint. It costs $350 pesos to go in with a guide and for the snorkelling equipment and life jacket. Our guide 'Chito' was super nice, he took my DSLR camera inside and took amazing pictures of us inside the cenote. The cold water was a welcome break from the sweltering heat outside. I highly recommend you do not leave the riviera Maya without visiting a Cenote.

2  Thank cdiaz_13
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was ask to pay $300USD to use my tripod, I think a lesser fee should have not get any objection, furthermore that day were merely 5 guest at that time, Saturday August the 9th, I must say the guide Alex did a fantastic job the caves are beautifully one of the most acclaimed ones for their views of a water mirror like pond, a wooden bridge overlooking a cave that is lit very nicely.
I feel they should be more flexible specially if one is only a photo lover and is not doing photo business, photos are good vehicle in social media to promote places.

1  Thank hernan1952LosCabosMX
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We loved the clean beach, snorkeling with the sea turtles, friendly and helpful staff, pricing, and the peacefulness.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Had lots of fun with the ziplines and cenotes. Guides are friendly and multi lingual. No complaints!!

1  Thank luv2travels0metimes