“The Best Large Group Home near Tulum!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 22 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Best Large Group Home near Tulum!”
Reviewed 21 February 2017 for a stay in August 2016

First off, this review is months late as I've needed the time to give our trip the justice it deserves. Casa Buena Suerte was one of the best family vacation homes we have ever stayed in and we have stayed in many. Marc's home is the most beautiful on Soliman Bay and was perfect for our family & friends... ample rooms, an open kitchen/living room and space for all to spread out. It was evident that Marc is a well sought out designer from all of the detail, artwork, furniture and landscaping. The roof was a gorgeous place to end the day with a margarita and a bird's eye view of Soliman Bay's stunning sunsets. The grounds, the pool, and the beach are all surreal and meticulously maintained. The view as you first walk into the property simply takes your breath away.
Soliman Bay is quiet and calm, perfect for families wanting to swim without worry of waves... I actually can't imagine a group that wouldn't have their vacation needs met here - a couples getaway, family reunion, people who just want to veg and enjoy all the home has to offer, or active people who like to kayak and snorkel as there is a small reef right in the bay where we saw sea turtles, sting rays and several interesting fish. Thankfully SB is a private bay and very unlike the tourist trap and overrun, Akumal Bay! Please know that there is coral and seaweed in SB. The beach is cleaned and made pristine by Aurelio every morning. There are several spots along the bay you can wade in directly, but some areas are too rocky to do so. It was not a problem for us and we were grateful for the calm water and areas to snorkel and explore. SB is sleepy enough for bonding time away from the masses, but if you need a change of venue for dinner and drinks, you have your choice of the fancier & stunning Jashita Hotel - a short beach stroll to the beginning of the bay - or the polar opposite of Jashita and opposite end of the bay, Chamico's (a NYTimes off the beaten path pick!) - a super laid back beach stand for simple food & beer. The house is also a short 20 minute drive into Tulum beach if you're looking for more action, want to swim in the surf, take a group yoga class, or want to try out Hartwood, the restaurant everyone raves about for very good reason! I would suggest renting a car for the more active groups.
The reasons stated above are enough to bring us back and suggest this home to everyone we know planning a Mayan Riviera or Tulum vacation, but Marc's real gift to guests is his wonderful staff. Let me start with the caretaker, Hugo. Hugo is a wonderful human being, he's super helpful and just loves children. Our son in particular really bonded with Hugo... he played games with him, made him gifts was there to help us with anything we needed to make sure our stay was perfect. Hugo also went above and beyond when we celebrated our daughter's 10th birthday and picked out a custom cake, a piñata and had streamers and balloons everywhere. He really made her birthday extra special and festive away from home. We recently went back to Tulum with just our family and didn't need such a big home (CBS was also booked) and the kids kept saying, "we're flying to Hugo!" We were able to visit with him again and the kids were thrilled.
We highly suggest you book the incredibly talented chefs (and excellent bartenders!), Jose & Jesus. Every meal was on par with a 5 star restaurant. We still make the delicious verde salsa recipe Jose gave us. I also suggest you book the gem of a masseuse, Leo. I'm a yoga teacher and incredibly picky with who puts their hands on me and Leo was great - one of the best deep tissue massages I've had. The groundskeeper, Aurelio, was very friendly and helpful as was the cleaning lady... such wonderful people Marc has found to take care of his guests & home.
Not much more I can say other than if you've got a large group and you're looking for a place in Mexico, Casa Buena Suerte cannot be beat.

Sent from my iPhone

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
23 Feb 2017
Thank you Angela. We are delighted to hear that your family and friends enjoyed Casa Buena Suerte. I'm glad that you were able to experience the Tulum area in August. The weather is beautiful and you are able to experience all that the area has to offer with no crowds!
Kansas City
Reviewed 13 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
13 Nov 2013
Thank you Dara! So glad we were able to make your wedding a memorable event! We're Thrilled that you took advantage of the kayaks; the sea is so beautiful in front of the villa!
Philadelphia and New York
Reviewed 3 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
3 Oct 2012
Thanks Will & Linda!
Chicago
Reviewed 17 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

17 Sep 2012
Thank you Rita. So glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again very soon!
MD
Reviewed 12 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012

NJ
Reviewed 17 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
17 Jul 2012
Thank you Miguel - It's great to hear that our efforts are appreciated by our guests. So glad that you and your family enjoyed our villa. Hope to see you again soon!
Cape May NJ
Reviewed 5 January 2012 for a stay in November 2011

5 Jan 2012
Thanks Mary; we look forward to seeing you again!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing