“Look NO Further..Spectacular Views Moon and Sun...”

Review of Villa Nicte-Ha

The ancient fossilized coral rock bed ocean side at Nicte Ha. Sunrise at Nicte Ha
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The ancient fossilized coral rock bed ocean side at Nicte Ha.
Patio dining pool side
Nicte Ha Pool Area at Dawn.
Ocean side patio off living room
Full Moon at Nicte Ha.
NIcte Ha front view
Garden side patio with charcoal grill
View of the sea from Nicte Ha's crow's nest observatory
Second level staircase to observatory
Nicte Ha Ocean Front Pool Area
Nicte Ha at Night
Nicte Ha and Casa del Mar
Ocean Side
Aquatic in Nicte Ha's garden
Nicte Ha entry hallway
Your housekeeper at Nicte Ha.  Mary Cat Dzul.
Nicte Ha's living area
Nicte Ha living room
Nicte Ha's living room
Dining and Living Area
Living room sitting area
Living Area
Living room
Dining area with pool and ocean view.  Table seats 6 to 8.
Nicte Ha Dining Area
Smart TV with Netflix
Full kitchen
Full kitchen, purified water provided
Lowed bedroom with 2 twin beds and ensuite bath
Lower Pool side bedroom with 2 twin beds
Lower Bedroom Bath
Staircase to second level
Nicte Ha master bedroom with 2 patios and private bath
Master bath with ocean view.
Master Bedroom Balcony
Master Bedroom, beach towels provided
Master bedroom with new Sealy pillow top mattress.
Nicte Ha Tallavera master bath with large shower and ocean view.
Master Bedroom with bunk beds for children
Lending library
Upper level queen bedroom with ensuite bath and balcony
Queen bedroom
Queen bedroom with bunk bed for children
Queen Bedroom Bath
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
SherriM
S. Carolina
“Look NO Further..Spectacular Views Moon and Sun Rise”
Reviewed 19 May 2012 for a stay in June 2011
person found this review helpful

We are seasoned Akmua-laholics! I have been going to Akumal before Akumal had any Vacation Rentals. I usually stayed at the Casitas or Cannon House, early on, until I found Nicte-Ha. I walked in the door on an evening of a Lunar Eclispe. Opening the door, and looking straight ahead to the stairs, a huge landing window.There it was the SuperMoon over the Caribe. Nicte-Ha, had me at Hello.
My master bedroom at Nicte-Ha was a hideaway, for serenity. My kids had to pry me out of this room. The sea surrounded me on three sides. I was one with the sea up there. I layer on the bed, and watched the moon rise over the sea. Every window and glass door in this room has surround view of the sea. It seems like your on a ship, only better, you simply lay in the bed.
The kitchen window as every window North East and South, views the sea, moon and sun. So if your cooking, dining, or laying on the couch, yes, views of Moon, Sun, and Sea.
The bedrooms all are spacious. Bathroom for every bedroom, with yes the moon , sun and Sea views while showering! Comfy and wonderful living room, with TV, movies or better yet iPod speakers, because the sounds, and home are best with the natural, with a few of your favorite Tunes. There is a great movie collection if you want though. Books!! A library of wonderful books.
I have many friends in Akumal, and families that come when I do. Throwing a dinner party in Nicte-Ha is lovely. The dining area opens to the pool area, so I could set up both the pool and the dining room table. Candles, music, great food, wonderful friends mingling through out Nicte-Ha, is impressive, but then there is yeah, The Moon viewed rising from both dining tables, inside and out.
The pool, many evenings, I lay under the stars at the pool, watching shooting stars and of course La Luna.
The house was designed to get maximum views and it was designed well, actually perfectly.
The kitchen is well stocked with good kitchenware and COMPLETE.
My teenage daughter, loves the "nook" as she calls it, at the end of the living room, with it's own glass doors, that well yeah you guessed it, the Sea, The Moon, The sun, with a lovely Tapestry of a Sea Turtle, built in Couches, that she loved, and marked as her "spot".
We enjoyed breakfast on the front porch immersed in the front garden, which is an amazing tropical garden.
I could go on with Nicte-Ha, like Izzy-belle our mama Iguana, and her children, that live in the back yard, but I'll let you see for yourself. If it's the whole Immersion of the atmosphere of Akumal you are looking for, there are no more dramatic views than Nicte-Ha in Akumal. If it's comfort and relaxation you want, Nicte-Ha. If you are a gourmet cook, a party thrower, or a honeymooner, or a huge family, You will find what you are looking for at Nicte-Ha. Just try not to book when I want to book!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Views
Liked least: Absolutely Nothing
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
19 May 2012
Thank you for your thoughts about your stay at Nicte Ha. The villa was designed to enchance the views of the Caribbean and the sky by George Woo a student of modern architect I.M. Pei. It is fabulous that you walked into Nicte Ha to experience a Lunar Eclipse. We do apprecaite you staying with us. The staff will be thrilled to see you again this year.
NC
Reviewed 27 February 2012 for a stay in February 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
27 Feb 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about your vacation experience at Nicte Ha. It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you are a regular visitor to the Akumal area. We do apprecaite you choosing Nicte Ha for this vacation! Thank you for posting your top things to do. This information is always helpful for people who plan to visit Akumal. Thank you for staying with us. We do hope you will return to Nicte Ha next year!
Mary O
Homewood, Illinois
“What an Amazing Place Watch the Dolphins Swim from your Pool Side Chaise”
Reviewed 8 February 2012 for a stay in January 2012
person found this review helpful

This place is absolutely FANTASTIC! I highly recommend! The views are outstanding! We hung out on the uber comfy beach recliners and watched dolphins playing one day! There's so much room....2 HUGE master bedroom suites upstairs, each with it's own huge bathroom and set of bunkbeds and private balcony overlooking the gulf! Plus a main floor bedroom with two beds and it's own full bathroom. The spacious living room with it's wall of windows overlooking the pool and water is delightful. Anything you want or need is also there at your fingertips from water shoes to the margarita blender:) There's outdoor seating in the front and in the back and a shady chalupa with hammocks to swing away your cares while listening to the water pound the shoreline. Also private, unlike the condos with tons of people on top of you. Great place to rent with two families and grandparents for the downstairs bedroom would be perfect.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: The only thing I would add is a pair of binoculars for guests to use
Travelling group: With Friends
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
8 Feb 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of Nicte Ha. It is so great that you were able to watch the dolphins play in the Caribbean ocean side while you enjoyed the shade palapa. We apprecaite you choosing Nicte Ha for your vacation and do hope you return again soon. Muchas gracias!
Chicago
Reviewed 5 May 2011 for a stay in April 2011

Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
5 May 2011
Thanks so much for the reveiw. As always we appreciate all feedback. Per your review we have checked into the AC system which is working fine. In the tropics in the summer, sometimes the best AC systems are overwhelmed on the hottest and most humid days. However, we have begun the process of replacing the current systems with new mini-split systems.

We have also checked in with our other guests and the staff seems as great as ever. We have always been very happy with our staff and are sorry to hear that you don't seem totally satisfied.

The staff does collect coins and other small objects which may damage the drain and filter system of the pool. We apologize for the miscommunication. We do always try to remind our guests that all pool decks are slippery when wet. Following your review we have had added signs as a reminder to parents that they should keep an eye out for children running around the pool.

Thanks again for taking the time to submit a review. We always find them helpful.
boulder
Reviewed 14 April 2011 for a stay in January 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
14 Apr 2011
Thank you for staying at NIcte Ha! Your suggestions about airing out the house and changing the floor cleaner has been sent to management. The maid does mop with Fabuloso to control the sand. Managment has been asked to turn on the air conditioning units prior to guest arrival to reduce humidity.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing