“Best holiday dive school I've dived with”

Blue Experience Diving
Ranked #2 of 25 Tours in Akumal
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer PADI courses, daily Ocean and Cenote diving in small groups, all tailored to your requirements and level of experience.
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Huge thank you to Tim and Kathrin for some unforgettable dives.
Cenotes, boat dives, Cozumel drift dives, we did them all, never in a group of more than three. They made everything fun and nothing was too much trouble but they were both so careful about safety first and environment a very close second. We were all PADI Open Water Divers but hadn't dived for 6 months so they kept an eye on us, which was appreciated.
Their equipment was all new and loads of sizes (from my tiny XS daughter to her XL Dad). The boats they used were also good with excellent crews (especially in Cozumel - thank you Norman and Andreas).
We are already planning our return trip next Easter to do our Advanced course with Tim and Kathrin and can't wait.
We have dived with quite a few holiday dive schools in different places and this is the best by a mile. If you are comparing the dive schools in and around Akumal, choose this one!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

When in Mexico most of us have a fixed, short period of time in which to do all the activities we planned before we got there, obviously. Tim and Kathrin are very aware of this and in the face of poor weather conditions, offered alternatives to complete our open water certification dives. Since no boats would be heading out for the next few days due to high winds, Tim and Kathrin suggested we get all of our "test" components done in two dives in a cenote. This turned out to be absolutely perfect as the water was calm and clear, there was still lots to see, and we were diving in a friggen cenote! Tim's instructions were clear and he was very sensitive to the fact that my partner was somewhat uneasy being in a open cavern connected to caves full of the unknown. Three days later, when the sea's had calmed down, we went out for two more dives and now we're addicted! Not only was being IN the ocean an incredible experience where Tim and Kathrin made sure to point out all the interesting sea life (including many green sea turtles, a huge Lagerhead Turtle, Angel Fish, a Moray Eel, and a deadly Scorpion Fish), but our time out of the water was full of smiles and laughs as well. We will be sure to give Blue Experience Diving a call when planning another trip to Akumal.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I did my advanced course here with Tim, and few fun dives with Kathrin. I like the fact that they keep their groups small, few times it was just me and Tim. They have a new shop and nice new equipment. Both Kathrin and Tim are very kind and patient. All dives are done in a calm pace, which allows you to see the spectacular marine life. They show you all kinds of little creatures, which you may not notice yourself. I can highly recommend their dive shop.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We just got back from a week at Grand Sirenis near Akumal. My kids and I went diving with Tim on a "Discover Scuba Diving" course. We all love the water but live very far from an ocean. This was our second time diving but aren't certified and so started from the beginning with the basics, which was needed and appreciated. As a mom, I appreciated Tim's thoroughness with safety instructions and guidance. My 15 year old daughter was stuck to his side during the dive and loved it. Not only did he point out the big fish but also some teeny tiny fish and details that she otherwise would have missed. He also helped my very active 18 year old son to slow down, enjoy the trip and not blow through his tank of air in record time! Best of all, the kids felt comfortable. While Tim joked around with them, he was appropriately clear in his instructions without taking the fun out of it. Lastly, I also appreciate the easy and quick responses via email when we were setting it all up. I'd recommend Blue Experience Diving to anyone looking to dive near Akumal.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Just returned from a great week's diving with Blue Experience. Tim and Kathrin are passionate about diving and run a very efficient and professional operation - but always with a personal touch. You're definitely not just 'yet another punter'.

Safety standards and hire gear are excellent, group sizes are small and the water is warm and clear - what more could you want? Saw many turtles (green, hawksbill and loggerhead), rays, crabs and lobsters, good coral and a plethora of fish life.

Plus diving is mainly in the morning, leaving the afternoon free for family and friends, catching the rays, taking advantage of Mexican hospitality.....

They can also arrange cavern diving in the cenotes, which is a total contrast to the ocean diving and is recommended for those comfortable in an overhead environment.

I had a really fun and relaxing week - only wish that I'd been staying for longer.

Keep up the good work guys!