“fantastic experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Experience Diving

Blue Experience Diving
Ranked #2 of 22 Tours in Akumal
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer PADI courses, daily Ocean and Cenote diving in small groups, all tailored to your requirements and level of experience.
Coventry, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“fantastic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I fell short of my bsac ocean water cert by 2 open water dives prior to my trip to mexico on june 5th, I had been looking forward to this holiday for nearly a year, Tim and Katherine were happy to take me out to akumal beach for a two tank dive session, Katherine was my dive leader and she was brilliant, this made my holiday, I couldn't thank them both enough, so very very beautiful and after stoney cove at 5 degrees reminded me of why I started diving in the first place, brilliant friendly people,

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jim M

Plymouth, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great diving ... Great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Enjoyed all my diving with Tim and Kathrin with some unforgettable experiences from diving in the cenotes, Cozumel and Akumal beach . Didn't need picking up from my hotel as I was fortunate to be in the hotel grand Serenis right by their dive centre but even if you needed to be picked up we were still in the water for 9.30 am . Top quality diving at reasonable prices .

1 Thank checkoutmetan
Cleveland, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

May 1-8 2014 was my second time diving with Tim and Kathrin with Blue Experience. I dove with them last year, and when my wife and I chose another vacation to the Riviera Maya I did not hesitate to contact them. My experience with them last year was perfect, and so was this year! Once again, I was picked up at my hotel on time, communication was excellent, and best of all Tim and Kathrin were incredibly flexible when trying to accommodate my diving requests. If you are looking for a "cattle boat" operation where the dive operator wants your money and doesn't care about anything else, you definitely do not want Blue Experience. But if you want small group, personalized diving without paying overpriced resort rates, be sure to contact Tim and Kathrin.

Please read my review from last year for a more in-depth review or send me a message, but let me emphasize that you will be delighted with the way you are treated and respected. I look forward to planning another trip to the area so I can dive with these wonderful people!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank jclv2013
Bromley, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Best holiday dive school I've dived with”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Huge thank you to Tim and Kathrin for some unforgettable dives.
Cenotes, boat dives, Cozumel drift dives, we did them all, never in a group of more than three. They made everything fun and nothing was too much trouble but they were both so careful about safety first and environment a very close second. We were all PADI Open Water Divers but hadn't dived for 6 months so they kept an eye on us, which was appreciated.
Their equipment was all new and loads of sizes (from my tiny XS daughter to her XL Dad). The boats they used were also good with excellent crews (especially in Cozumel - thank you Norman and Andreas).
We are already planning our return trip next Easter to do our Advanced course with Tim and Kathrin and can't wait.
We have dived with quite a few holiday dive schools in different places and this is the best by a mile. If you are comparing the dive schools in and around Akumal, choose this one!

Edmonton, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Can't wait to be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

When in Mexico most of us have a fixed, short period of time in which to do all the activities we planned before we got there, obviously. Tim and Kathrin are very aware of this and in the face of poor weather conditions, offered alternatives to complete our open water certification dives. Since no boats would be heading out for the next few days due to high winds, Tim and Kathrin suggested we get all of our "test" components done in two dives in a cenote. This turned out to be absolutely perfect as the water was calm and clear, there was still lots to see, and we were diving in a friggen cenote! Tim's instructions were clear and he was very sensitive to the fact that my partner was somewhat uneasy being in a open cavern connected to caves full of the unknown. Three days later, when the sea's had calmed down, we went out for two more dives and now we're addicted! Not only was being IN the ocean an incredible experience where Tim and Kathrin made sure to point out all the interesting sea life (including many green sea turtles, a huge Lagerhead Turtle, Angel Fish, a Moray Eel, and a deadly Scorpion Fish), but our time out of the water was full of smiles and laughs as well. We will be sure to give Blue Experience Diving a call when planning another trip to Akumal.