“AMAZING experience; AWESOME guide!!!”
Review of Blue Caribe

Blue Caribe
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Our first experience snorkeling anywhere was in Akumal Bay and we lucked into having Marie as a guide! Her love of the area and joy are evident as is her knowledge of the wildlife in the area. We stuck close to her so we wouldn't miss anything and we didn't!!! I actually came face to face with a barracuda!!! We saw many turtles and so many fish that she seemed to know the names of every one! Our underwater camera had died and we were able to buy a dvd from the dive shop for just $28 with photos taken by a local diver who swam with us... great pictures and we were not disappointed! We truly appreciated the fact that Marie cared so much for the environment and watched the movements of our small group as well as the actions of the others. The Cenote was serene and nothing that can be explained but must be experienced! Again, Marie's knowledge of the history and importance of these magical places was astounding and the experience left us in awe and excited to return! I got to see a Mot Mot and her description of them was brilliant! When we went to another Cenote on another excursion we saw another and knew exactly what we were seeing because of it!! She had books on local wildlife and plants/trees and taught us more than we could have hoped! We even shared a butterfly moment that was glorious! :) We left feeling as if we had made a friend and will go back for another adventure for sure! If you only have one snorkeling trip to take...make it this one!

2  Thank Nickschick1

Reviewed 11 March 2013

One of the best excursions I've ever done on a holiday. The First Choice guide book does not do sell it well enough. Marie the tour guide is absolutely brilliant, her local knowledge is spot on and she knows exactly what to look for when snorkelling. One tip would be to stick close to the guide when snorkelling. We managed to see 10 - 12 turtles as well as squid, rays, and masses of beautiful fish. The sea was a little choppy so without Marie's help we probably wouldn't have seen as much as we did.

The cenote was truely spectacular, we didn't realise that you would get to swim in it, we just presumed you got to see it. But we snorkelled for a good hour in the crystal clear waters. It is like being on another planet and quite an odd feeling standing weightless on the edge of a 50 foot drop knowing that you can't fall. Something I will remember always. If you only did one excursion whilst in Mexico, which is all we managed, this would be it.

5  Thank Rory I
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I told him I wanted to go on a real cool snorkel trip, and snorkel with the turtles if we could, and see a lot of fish. I told him I and the wife and the 10 year old has seen a lot of fish at Xel-ha but wanted to see a reef out of the ocean close to shore for the 5 year old! He said of this underwater world would be the place to go! $210.00 for all 4 of you he said they would take you to a reef (to me that means Coal Reef)! We never saw!
The Blue Caribe van was 45 min. late to get to our hotel! When the girl got out she said, “ Are you taking the little one?” we said yes why? She said normally they don’t take little ones! We said the apple guy said it was ok , she said ok! They took us to a cave, which was ok no fish, wife told her the blow up vest was leaking so the guide gave her one of hers. They had no backups! No big deal no fish where at this location anyway!! Unless you call minnows. The vest where a joke!
We then went to this beach where it was real rough out, they only had one guide, she wanted us to swim out to about 2000 feet she was crazy my 5 year old can not swim out that fare with a blow up vest around her neck! She tried and my wife and 5 year old came back real quick No way she is nuts! So I went out with 10 year old it was a long swim, when I got out there I saw 1 turtle, then my blow up deal started to leak, I must of got the one my wife had. I tried to tuff it out but I was sucking in a lot of ocean water. I had to go back, getting tired of trying to swim on my own! ( I am a certified diver, and swim a lot back home, have a pool in back yard, so it was not me! I told the 10 year old lets go back he said no he wanted to stay! I said no I don’t trust these people, so he came back too! I was going to get another vest, but who was I suppose to get one from? No one back at camp? Wasted the whole day!
When we got back to the hotel I told this story about every day, 3 times a day to different people even got the manager of the hotel involved, no one wanted to give our money back or send us on a different trip! Blue Caribe finally gave us $60.00, they said my wife and 5 year old came back on their own will! Looked real bad for Blue Caribe,I will never use them again!
Use someone else, They do not know how to run a Business!

8  Thank 672Rick
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Swimming with the turtles at Akumal beach is a magical experience. The beach is absolutely beautiful, you can get really close to the turtles, watch them eat and swim. It's amazing to watch them come up for air! There's also coral and fish. Our guide, Marie, was very knowledgeable about the different kinds of fish and would point them out to the group.

I'm not very comfortable in water, and Marie made me feel safe. She kept an eye on everyone and made sure we were ok.

The dive shop is pretty great. There are free changing rooms, they had an employee swim with us and take pictures. They offered a CD with tons of pictures (some from that day, some from a collection) for 28$. I had my own camera so I didn't get the CD, but I thought it was a great offer.

The ride to the cenote was a bit long, but Marie had pictures of the fauna and flora and told us a ton of information and stories on the way, in French and in English to accommodate everyone.

The cenote was INCREDIBLE. Marie gave us tons of info on cenotes and took her time leading us through the different sections of the cave.

It was a great half-day, awesome value for the price. MERCI MARIE!!!!!

2  Thank Julie P
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We booked the tour ( turtles and caves) with this company through out hotel on 10/18 For the first time in Mexico we were served with the guide who was not simply rude but almost abusive! I have to share that that was our eight visit to Mexico and we had never been treated like this!
To be fair I have to say that our money were returned immediately, but even the thought of having passive aggressive person to lead the inexperienced group through cave snorkeling gives me chills Be careful , do it by yourself with private guide -will be cheaper and no stress on vacation!

7  Thank pollenm