“Wonderful trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Akumal
Brampton, Canada
“Wonderful trip”

This trip was amazing!

I see I am not the first reviewer to have had a wonderful experience with the staff!
The warm and friendly reception from the resort staff that my father and I received on our trip to Akumal made the experience one that I will never forget!

The resort itself is large and offers many amenities for every guest (translation: there is more to do then drink on the beach or by the pool......but there is plenty of that too!) There are countless adventure packages and trips that can be taken through the resort.

I went swimming with the dolphins at Delphinus - I would highly recommend this excursion to anyone that is comfortable in the water and has ever had an interest in these amazing creatures. Delphinus is not a part of the resort but the trips can be booked through it. There is also a dolphinarium at Tulum, however I wanted to experience the swim in as natural a setting as possible and this was only possible at Delphinus.
The Delphinus staff were well educated on the dolphins, their training and the environment. There was a clear passion for training and the dolphins in each of the trainers. The dolphin herself was amazing (Calem) - I would redo the swim over and over! My only complaint is that the pictures cost more then the excursion - I bought them because the memory was worth it (36 pictures and a dvd) but I was very shocked at the price.

I also took a half day trip to visit the ruins at Tulum, this was also a mind-blowing trip. I felt as if I had ended up in beach heaven.....but I will come back to that. I booked the trip at Akumal on the beach there is an excursion hut and Luis was so helpful when it came to booking the trip! I ended up trekking this trip alone as there was a lot of walking and stairs and my father cannot walk well anymore. I would recommend taking the first tour out as the site is less busy and you don't end up waiting in any lines.
The tour guide for Tulum was terrific, he was knowledgeable about the location, the history and the Mayan culture. He gave us information on not only the ruins but how Mayan math worked too! After taking us around the ruins and showing us the highlights we were given and hour and 45 minutes to explore and enjoy the beach. I have included pictures of the beach - words do not do it justice! The trip to Tulum also provided me an opportunity to shop in the artisan market and get some great deals on handmade art and souvenirs!

If staying on the resort is more your speed then you wont have any complaints either! From the moment we entered the resort I felt like part of a family. The staff in every department were helpful and friendly, we required a room change due to a disability Marcel at reception took care of this with ease and took far better care of us then I ever could have expected. The transportation between lobbies (Tulum, Coba and Akumal) is fast and convenient and the option to visit the hacienda is great!
My first day at Akumal I was left to entertain myself before dinner as my dad napped, I hopped on the "superman" bus and visited the hacienda. I went back to the hacienda to the Corona house before leaving Akumal - the guys here are friendly and funny I suggest stopping by for a beer or two (but it isn't part of the all inclusive).
There is a market at the hacienda as well - there really is no need to go off resort for anything.
There are also activies on the beach and by the pool throughout the day - I also recommend trying Zumba or Aquagym with Eduard, the workouts were fun and funny and its a great way to make friends on the resort!

All of our meals were wonderful, I could have easily spent a day eating!
Regardless of where we went to eat (buffet or a la carte) we were received by friendly staff. Manuel and Fernando in the Akumal buffet were our regular waiters and greeted us every meal with an Ola and a genuine smile. It is easy to understand why the staff so easily greet guests this way when you meet Ignacio (the food and beverage assistant). I have never met a more warm and welcoming person as Ignacio - it is obvious that he enjoys interaction with guests and takes pride in his job.

The final thing I will go on about is the resort beach. Akumal has the best beach, no contest, out of the Gran Bahia Prinicpe family. All lobbies can come and use the beach including he Sian Ka'an (the golf resort across the road) so if you want to have a canopy and beach chairs you will need to head to the beach early to snag one, I did it every morning and it definitely made it possible to stay on the beach the entire day. The water is inviting and if you remain inside the wave breakers it is calm enough to swim and play. The coral reef provides an abundance of aquatic life to look at (pelicans hang out on the pier/walkway) I picked up a snorkel and goggles and took a look at some of the tropical fish that swim around the edged of the reef. It was like swimming in an aquarium at points - but the fish really don't bother you if you don't bother them.

If you are planning to visit the Gran Bahia Prinicpe get to know the staff, they really are the reason the experience was so great!
I would absolutely go back and am currently working on a plan to do just that!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Piamari
RRPP A, Public Relations Executive at Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Grand Bahia Principe Akumal.

We have shared your positive comments with the people you mentioned and have congratulated all our team for the job well done. We are glad to know that you received attentive service since we strive to provide every guest an enjoyable experience.

We look forward to your next visit to our hotel. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards from Sunny Mexico!

Public Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,889)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

If you are reading this and havent stayed here yet... BOOK NOW! The food was amazing and SOOO many different restaurants to chose from! I cant even begin to chose a favourite. The staff was super friendly and very hard working. The pools were very clean and huge! There was ALWAYS a lounge chair on the beach for you and your friends, no matter how big or small the group. The rooms were clean and gorgeous! I just cant say enough great things about this place. I went down for 2 weeks in April to get married there and I am SOOOOO glad I chose this resort. The wedding location was breath-taking. My wedding planner, Eugenia, was THE BEST! SHe made everything I invisioned in my head come to life. 5 BILLION stars for this resort!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Amanda R
RRPP A, Public Relations Executive at Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Dear Guest:

On behalf of the entire Grand Bahia Principe Akumal team I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post your review about how was your wedding at our hotel.

Thank you so much for give us the pleasure of letting us know that we fulfilled your expectations. Our staff will be proud of receiving these lovely comments, especially Eugenia.

Please do not hesitate to contact us before your next arrival, in case you have any especial requirement for your room.

Sending you kind regards from the Mexican Caribbean!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I wouldn't recommend staying here because of the food. It's a great place but you will be wanting something else to eat by the time you leave Gran Bahia!

1 Thank Familyvacationsrock
Sherbrooke, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Very clean good service Nice room workers That work There are very friendly.hope you Will enjoy the place as we did. October is good Time to Go less traveller's And cheaper Time to Go :) but its thé hurrican season SO thé are a few Risk of rain and hurrican i have travel for the last 5 year and had only 2 two days of rain hope That Will help you guys jean

Room Tip: Akumal And thulium are thé closest to thé beach
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank zym42
Dear Guest:

We appreciate the time taken by you in writing a review of your recent stay and at Grand Bahia Principe Akumal, Riviera Maya.

We would like to express our gratitude for these kind words you have shared and also for appreciate the excellent services and the efforts from our staff

We look forward to your return to Grand Bahia Principe Resort so please do not hesitate to contact us before your next arrival and we will give you the amenities for being so loyal guest.

Our best regards,

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

This was our fourth stay at Bahia Principe and was the best stay so far. Little details that we noticed needed to be worked on at previous stays had been attended to and the resort was now perfect. Beautiful beach tons of things to see and do especially for our kids. Merce In the animation stuff was amazing and took great care and attention of our daughter during kids activities. Food was good rooms were nice you dont spend much time in the rooms anyways. Its a big resort but after bring therr so many times we learnedthe short cuts and ddidn't need the trollys to take us anywherr we walked most placed. Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank bahialove
Dear Guest:

First of all thank you very much for staying in the Gran Bahia Principe Akumal Resort and taking the time to write your positive impressions. It is for guests like you that our resort remains one of the most appreciated hotels in the Riviera Maya.

It is a pleasure to know that we filled your expectations and that we will have you again with us. We have sent your nice words and thanks to our staff.

Please, feel free of contact us before your next visit, it will be our pleasure to help you with any requirement that you may have.

Regards from the Mexican Caribbean!

Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

The hotel is quite good, the food very tasty, clean hallways and rooms, wonderful beach and pools. The hotel is part of a complex of three hotels making up the transport between them in several trains provided.

Is geographically very close to the Akumal and Tulum, getting the half-hour Xcaret.

From the airport to the hotel takes about an hour and a half.

I felt quite rested with the quality and safety of food from the hotel, extremely clean and well cared for gardens.

100% recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tiquiss
Dear Guest:

We would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Grand Bahia Principe Akumal.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the services of our resort. Thank you for share these lovely comments with the rest of the travelers. Hoping to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards from The Sunny Mexican Caribbean!

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had a great holiday thanks to all the staff who served us in a very genuinly friendly way.
Great surrounding areas, beach, pool, restaurant and very good cocktails in every bar.
Cleanlines all over the place all day long!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Take1950
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for sharing your amazing comments about your stay at the Grand Bahia Principe Akumal, Riviera Maya.

It is a delight to know that you enjoyed our facilities, the food and the incredible attention from our staff. As the comments of our guests are very important to motivate our team, we have passed your review to the departments involved

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in your New Mexican home, so please do not forget to contact us 3 weeks before your next arrival, it will be our pleasure to help you with any request that you may have.

Best Regards from the Mexican Caribbean!

Public Relations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akumal
Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection
Grand Bahia Principe Tulum
Grand Bahia Principe Coba
Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa
Occidental at  Xcaret Destination
Occidental at Xcaret Destinatio...
#68 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.0 of 5 bubbles 11,409 reviews

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!