We were in a group of 25 for a friends wedding. It was our second time to Riviera Maya and loved it. It's around 90 mins from Cancun Airport.
We flew on the Thomson Dreamliner which has more leg room and lots of movies etc to keep you occupied on the long flight
Check in was easy and was given a welcome drink on arrival which was needed in the hot humid weather.
The whole hotel is great and being able to use all parts of it made it better as there are so many bars and restaurants.
We stayed in room 5923 which had a slight sea view but was a good size with a super king size 4 post bed with another small sofa bed. The room was cleaned daily and the mini bar stocked well. The maids left towel animals if you left a tip. We done this as even a small amount means so much to the workers.
There are always buggies taking guests between the resorts and also they dropped off our luggage to the rooms and collected when checking out.
The workers do so much to keep the resort tidy and well kept by painting, cutting grass, cleaning the pool area etc.
The pool areas are big and there are plenty of sunbeds as long as your down there by around 10am. The beach has a couple of areas with some that are easier for snorkeling.
Lots of choice in the buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner but can get a bit boring after 2 weeks.
The bars are well stocked with a lot of the premium brands but found the beer to be weak and could do with another choice.
A couple of negative points are:
They need better entertainment and for it end later as 10pm is way too early!
The bars close at 11pm which should be later as the only place to get a drink after that is at the Hacienda which requires a 5-10 min buggy ride.
The public relations team are a nightmare and some are rude and ignorant. They struggled to get us bookings for some of the a la carte restaurants but when arriving we found them to be nearly empty. This also goes for some of the entertainment team who didn't know who to organize things properly.
Out of the 6 a la carte restaurants I used I would recommend the Don Pablo, Tortuga, Mikado and Dolce Vita.
The Mexican was poor and don't order the Beef Fajitas as It was the same or worse than the buffet.
One thing I don't agree with is having a buffet starter at an a la carte restaurant????
Overall it's a great resort and would definitely recommend staying here but just a couple things need changing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 758 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., LoveHolidays, Agoda, Odigeo, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe