I had an amazing experience on my vacation to Mexico at this all inclusive resort. Everyone is very nice an says hi, the food is excellent, and the property is well maintained. The ocean was red flag every day that we were there, but we were still able to enjoy the water and the breeze made the hot weather more tolerable.
Our room was nice; the only downside was that the air conditioning was not quite cold enough but it didn't bother me enough to complain about it. Our phone also didn't work but since we weren't staying with anyone in another room we didn't complain about that either (we were in room 7213). Even though building 72 is "far" compared to other buildings, we pretty much walked everywhere all the time (although there are trolleys that pass every 15 minutes). With all the food we were eating we needed the exercise anyway.
The buffet food was amazing and had a lot of choice. No complaints at all. The à la carte restaurants were also good and each has their own welcome drink which was really cool. I only had one less than amazing experience at Arlequin restaurant: my salmon was WAY overdone (actually hard and burnt on the flesh side). The best service we received was at Mediteraneo (on the Coba part of the resort, we had access to all of the resort's à la carte's). Also, we did not get sick on this vacation at all. The ice used in the drinks is made with purified water, and the dishes are even washed in purified water.
We went to 2 nights of the theatre shows. The performers are talented and professional. During the circus show one of the lights shattered all over the stage floor while a performer was doing acrobatics on a rope but he didn't stop when the incident happened. Other staff came to clean the broken glass while he continues performing and the show went on!
The only thing that was a little misleading was the time the pool/beach bars close. According to the map provided to us they were supposed to close at 6pm but they closed at 5pm. There closing times were not actually posted at the bars. On a side note, the El Mar signature drink at the El Mar beach bar is really yummy!
All in all a great vacation and I would go back in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an no additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 758 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (no additional charge) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Stayforlong S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe