First time at this resort at end of May. Took the first week to start finding our way round as its so big. Soon got the hang of using the buggies that take you around, they are great and you never have to walk far, especially good when we had 3 days of rain, although umbrellas are provided in the rooms. The beach is very gritty and lots of stones in the water, beach shoes are recommended. Very difficult to get a bed round the pool if you did not get there before 7,30 and so annoying that a lot of these reserved beds stayed unoccupied for a long time, think the hotel needs to sort that out.
We were moved from our room after 5 nights as our block of villas was getting renovated, was not too happy about this as they should not have put us there in the first place. However we did get an upgrade to villa 65 which overlooked the sea and was lovely, also it was next 24 hour snack bar which was handy as the other bars all closed at 11pm which was just a little too early. We booked a la cartes in reception day after arriving. Favourite was Japanese show table, we also went to Brazilian restaurant which is good if you like meat, portofino Italian restaurant and Le Gourmet which again was lovely. We preffered these restaurants to the buffet as always found it busy and hot, we did go frequently to Tulum to the buffet as that was more open air and cooler, it was so easy just to get on the buggy and go up to Tulum, it felt like having a night out.
Never went to evening entertainment as we tended to eat later and entertainment was finished by time we came out of restaurant.
We used the collectivos a couple of times which you can get just outside the hotel, small buses that are really cheap, we went to Tulum and it was about 30 pesos each. There's a beautiful beach to visit at Tulum , Paradise beach, about half an hour walk from the Tulum ruins, well worth a visit.
Staff at hotel are mainly very helpful and friendly especially bar and restaurant staff who work very hard.The maid kept the room immaculate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an no additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 758 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (no additional charge) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Odigeo, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe