We stayed for a week this June. It was an amazing vacation. I liked the fact that you’re in a three in one resort. You’re allowed to choose anywhere you wish to dine-in, swim, to watch theatre shows or just to chill and relax in the lobby. There’s a free wi-fi an hour a day and you can use it from one resort to another. Grand Bahia Tulum and Coba are bigger resorts than Akumal. I find our room villa 67 in Akumal closed to the beach, lobby, buffet, snack bar and ala-carte restaurants. It was so convenient to everything. There’s a vehicle cart that comes around every now and then that takes you to places inside the resort for free. We’re at the Royal Golden Principe section of Akumal and we didn’t have to wait long to be check-in and out because they have a separate lobby. The staff gave us a cocktail drinks as soon as we arrived and we felt warmth welcome from them.
The beach here is kind of rocky, but clean and no seaweeds. The sands are not as powdery liked Cuba, but we enjoyed the privacy of Akumal beach side. There we’re barrier in the ocean that prevents the water from being wavy and deeper. You can snorkel too as there are many fishes. I cannot say much of the pools as we enjoyed staying in an open space in the beach. Pools looked big and clean though.
The food was great. It’s way tastier than Cuba and D.R. It’s worth booking in a la- carte’s restaurant too because the food they served was different from the food in the buffet restaurant. It’s more appetizing. Dolce Vita and Pescador are the best for us.
The rooms are clean and spacious. We always leave a tip in the room for the cleaner every day and happy to get good service. Your few dollars will go as far as being treated well. I noticed that the staffs in the buffet, lobby and bars don’t show aggression over tip unlike Cuban, but they still do their best to serve you.
We will definitely come back to this well maintained resort in the future. Just don’t know when again, but will surely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an no additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 758 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (no additional charge) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe